Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing alignment

So the Camaro 1LE has a "track alignment" camber notch that moves the camber to -1.9 IMSMC. I'm assuming, since the BW is very close to the Camaro 1LE, that it would have the same?

Hrm, no. I suppose that requires measuring stuff with measuring tools I don't have. Unless you have some good DIY advice to get this done, I suppose I'll be bringing it in to tire shop and pay for an alignment.

Damnit my gung-ho-ness. Thank you forum folks for you support.
The cheapest way to check toe is with toe plates and tape measures. Longacre and some other brands make them. The downside is that you can’t measure thrust angle and could end up with the car crab walking.

A string setup will let you measure thrust angle, but it can be tedious to get setup. Smart Strings is one option, but I’ve used and like the Tenhulzen setup.

I’ll add that the toe makes a far bigger difference in road feel than camber as well.

Using string method and a lot of measuring, it looks like I am toe in a bit too much after slamming the camber in.
Measured RF-2.5mm( less than 1/8in) and LF- 3mm(1/8in). this is ~.3 degrees and target is supposed to be .1 deg

CT5 Manual states the following, anyone use or recommend otherwise ? @poor-sha or @MatthewAMEL any other recs here?
Wheel alignment suggested specs for track use:
Road Course (V-Series). Front: -2.0 deg camber, 0.2 deg total toe. Rear: -1.7 deg camber, 0.2 deg total toe
Road Course (V-Series Blackwing). Front: -2.5 deg camber, 0.1 deg total toe. Rear: -1.5 deg camber, 0.1 deg total toe

I’m running more rear camber, -1.9, as I recall, but I had to run the SPL rear toe links to get there.

Assuming you’re confident in your front toe measurement, I’d just back out each front toe link by one or two flats on the adjuster and see where that puts you. Just make sure you adjust both sides by the same amount to keep the wheel straight.

Also make sure you know which way you are turning. You’re going to want to loosen the jam nut and then loosen the threaded part by a flat or two to make the entire assembly longer.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back