Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blacked out badges, colored centers..

CT5-V Model
Got a confirmation on the Blackwing badge from Caddy/GM today for the 5. Sometime after October, but before the end of the year from what I was told? Asked them to send me one of those $$$ 120th Anniversary badges! May have a home for one of those, tribute ride! :)

Last edited:
IMG_20221026_174635.jpg

Blacked out front and rear badges and left colored centers. Ordered Piano Black Hyperdip online and used that for its glossy finish. Front Cadillac emblem pops off easily with a finger in the grill and pushing the top tab down to release. Rear emblem has two tabs that have to be released and has emblem tape holding it down. Tabs can be accessed by taking off the inner trunk liner (google search ct5 trunk liner removal) . Use fishing line to cut the emblem tape off. Once badges are removed, dremel/drill the backside pins and inner piece will separate from the edge. Paint the chrome surround and reassemble when dry with some superglue. I also blacked out the V emblems. Tried to tape off the inner colored sections but the dip would peel off with the tape, so I just painted the Vs all black. Overall, pretty simple job and cheap at $20 for the dip.

View attachment 11977
Di
I’ve got one shot from the back and one from an angle. I can get a closeup if needed.
View attachment 12052View attachment 12051
Is your ride just incredibly clean right now or did you black out the grill and other black plastic on the front of the V? It looks really good and very gloss black where mine, even when clean, has more of a silver black look to it. I like yours a lot against the blue car. My V is black so not sure how that would look. Or maybe you didn’t even do anything. Thanks for letting me know.

Ok finally got some good pics of the blacked out badges on my 5BW. Moved the side V badges from the fender to the doors, and changed all the yellow in the GM black badges to gunmetal to match the rims. I also changed the Blackwing lettering to red to give it a pop. The GM black Blackwing badge had no color and was hard to read. Let me know what yall think.

Attachments

• DSC05119.jpg
    DSC05119.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
  • DSC05173.jpg
    DSC05173.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • DSC05117.jpg
    DSC05117.jpg
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC05162.jpg
    DSC05162.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • DSC05136.jpg
    DSC05136.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
Ok finally got some good pics of the blacked out badges on my 5BW. Moved the side V badges from the fender to the doors, and changed all the yellow in the GM black badges to gunmetal to match the rims. I also changed the Blackwing lettering to red to give it a pop. The GM black Blackwing badge had no color and was hard to read. Let me know what yall think.
That looks great!

I've got to say, your car looks fantastic! You really pulled it off with the contrasting black trim and the wheels complement the lines of the car so well. I'm assuming you vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black.

Are you on stock springs and stock tire sizes?

I've got to say, your car looks fantastic! You really pulled it off with the contrasting black trim and the wheels complement the lines of the car so well. I'm assuming you vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black.

Are you on stock springs and stock tire sizes?
Yes the wrap on the roof is gloss black. She is coming along pretty well.

The G3 CTS-V hood is coming next. I want to get the OEM style CF front splitter also. If anyone knows a great place to get this please let me know.

Also I installed the swift springs from Tapout, and the rim specs are below. Currently on factory tires, but plan to go 10mm wider front and rear.

Front 19x10 ET 20 (8mm spacer with extended studs.)
Rear 19x11.5 ET 48

Last edited:
Yes the wrap on the roof is gloss black. She is coming along pretty well.

The G3 CTS-V hood is coming next. I want to get the OEM style CF front splitter also. If anyone knows a great place to get this please let me know.
Are you sourcing Savage Cadillac for the hood or another vendor? If its other, Savage also has a paintable G3 "type" Vented Hood and a full CF hood in production which are beautiful for the 5BW.

Both pieces look fantastic! I believe he has the 5BW CF splitter as well, or it's in production.

Give Oliver a call at Savage, he's a good guy.

Are you sourcing Savage Cadillac for the hood or another vendor? If its other, Savage also has a paintable G3 "type" Vented Hood and a full CF hood in production which are beautiful for the 5BW.

Both pieces look fantastic! I believe he has the 5BW CF splitter as well, or it's in production.

Give Oliver a call at Savage, he's a good guy.

Yes I actually have the Savage hood in my garage now. I just need to get it painted before I install it. It looks really good. Fitment is not perfect, but aftermarket parts never really are.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back