Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Automatic Talk (Neanderthals not welcome)

RDATLTE

FKA: Sticker Boy & CT4-V Blackwing
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing Road Atlanta IMSA Track Edition
This is my 1st car with adaptive cruise control. We took a road trip over Thanksgiving and I was able to put it to use. Pretty amazing once you learn to trust it. Your thoughts on adaptive cruise control?

I’ve yet to try manual shifting. I’ll probably get around to it this weekend. Thoughts from anyone who has?

Adaptive cruise control works really well on these cars. I like the feature where you can adjust the amount of space to the car in front of you.

Paddle shifters work well too. I was disappointed to not be able to launch in second gear though.

First time it went on in boss ladies Denali I almost stained the drivers seat. I thought for sure something locked up. It brake checked harder than I've ever done myself. Never used again.

I have adaptive on my 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost. It is great until like @Snowwolfe said, someone slows down and you don't realize it... you had it set at 75-80 and now you are doing 65. The other issue I have is that the "gap" is so large that people will always take the opportunity to "fill the hole" especially if you are on a two lane and you are passing a slower vehicle in the right lane.

I'm still peeved that the manual cars didn't come with this option.

Several other car manufacturers have figured out how to do adaptive cruise on manual transmissions. These engines have enough low end grunt to not need to shift out of 6th gear for the typical 10-15mph fluctuations in highway driving.

I have adaptive on my 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost. It is great until like @Snowwolfe said, someone slows down and you don't realize it... you had it set at 75-80 and now you are doing 65. The other issue I have is that the "gap" is so large that people will always take the opportunity to "fill the hole" especially if you are on a two lane and you are passing a slower vehicle in the right lane.
With ours, you can adjust the gap from 3 to 1 cars as @WONT TAP stated.

Several other car manufacturers have figured out how to do adaptive cruise on manual transmissions. These engines have enough low end grunt to not need to shift out of 6th gear for the typical 10-15mph fluctuations in highway driving.
I so glad mine does not have it!!!

Isn't that the whole point to the system? It'll automatically slow down and the automatically speed back up. Or, you can pass them.

I'm surprised to hear that other manufactures offer it with manuals.

First time I used it was in a '16 Escalade that had it (company car.) I remember an early use when I was coming downhill to a stop (from about 40 mph.) It brake MUCH later than I would have and I made the mistake of intervening and stepping on the brake pedal. I think I owed the driver of the car in front of me a new set of underwear as an Escalade standing on its nose came screeching up to his/her bumper! Due to my own mis-use, I decided I didn't like these systems.

Fast forward to the Blackwing and in function it's the same system but it seems better modulated so I don't mind using it at all. You do have to pay attention or you'll latch onto the bumper of a slow poke but it's great overall and I LOVE using it in school zones to keep separation and under the slow limit (first car I've had that can activate cruise control at such a low speed.)

For those not sure they'd like it, you can just hit the button and it toggles to a non-adaptive cruise control instead.

First time I used it was in a '16 Escalade that had it (company car.) I remember an early use when I was coming downhill to a stop (from about 40 mph.) It brake MUCH later than I would have and I made the mistake of intervening and stepping on the brake pedal. I think I owed the driver of the car in front of me a new set of underwear as an Escalade standing on its nose came screeching up to his/her bumper! Due to my own mis-use, I decided I didn't like these systems.

Fast forward to the Blackwing and in function it's the same system but it seems better modulated so I don't mind using it at all. You do have to pay attention or you'll latch onto the bumper of a slow poke but it's great overall and I LOVE using it in school zones to keep separation and under the slow limit (first car I've had that can activate cruise control at such a low speed.)

For those not sure they'd like it, you can just hit the button and it toggles to a non-adaptive cruise control instead.
Yes, I made the same observation and commented on the fact that it brakes later than I normally would too. Takes some getting used to for sure.

I had it on an F150 and it was great, along with the one on my wife's range rover. Yes it slows down sometimes and you dont realize it, so just roll into the throttle, go around and back to normal

For the life of me, I can't understand why anybody would ever want to go slower than the set speed for Cruise Control . . . "No, Adaptive Cruise, I DO NOT WANT go go slower" . . . I turn this crap off and I go around anybody who is going slower than what I have it set at

I'm a die hard manual guy for my daily driver, but Adaptive Cruise is one feature I really wish I had.

Not for high speeds, but for low. Adaptive cruise in slow, bumper-to-bumper traffic is immensely stress reducing. My wife's Grand Cherokee has it and it's awesome, especially between 5-30mph.

I'm a die hard manual guy for my daily driver, but Adaptive Cruise is one feature I really wish I had.

Not for high speeds, but for low. Adaptive cruise in slow, bumper-to-bumper traffic is immensely stress reducing. My wife's Grand Cherokee has it and it's awesome, especially between 5-30mph.
Yes, I found that it improved my temperament quite a bit. Much less prone to road rage.

For the life of me, I can't understand why anybody would ever want to go slower than the set speed for Cruise Control . . . "No, Adaptive Cruise, I DO NOT WANT go go slower" . . . I turn this crap off and I go around anybody who is going slower than what I have it set at
Sometimes people pull in front of you going slower and there are no other lanes to move into. Happens to me every single day. This is probably a non issue in rural areas.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back