Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

As a temporary fix.................

Its been an interesting 5 weeks. The Camrys production date keeps on getting pushed back so I bailed. Almost finalized the deal to buy a new IS500 V8 Lexus but at the last minute the dealer tried to add $3000 ADM fee so I told him no thanks.
Today I picked up a Genesis G70 in Siberian Ice exterior and black interior with RWD and the 6 cylinder. Wife and I drove to Alabama to pick it up. Paid MSRP, just under $52K and in return dealer offered $1K more for my Jeep trade than any other dealer. Also earned a $500 military rebate. No added on junk fees other than a run of the mill DOC fee and state sales tax. Amazing ride, tons of tech, best stereo of any vehicle I ever owned. It is also equipped with both option packages

Only drove it 180 miles to get it home. Handles

better than my 2017 SS and I would say its on par with the SS for speed. This one requires I carry the owners manual with me until I can figure out how to work all the crap and other stuff. I'm at least content until my BW is delivered.
We test drove a G70. Very well built, excellent interior fit n finish and materials. We liked it a LOT. It was far more compelling than the 2.0 CT4. The V6 would have been on par with the 2.7L CT4 but my employee pricing made the CT4 hard to pass up.

The mandatory photos:

Attachments

• G1.jpg
    G1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 121
  • G2.jpg
    G2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 116
  • G3.jpg
    G3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Gseats.jpg
    Gseats.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 115
Its been an interesting 5 weeks. The Camrys production date keeps on getting pushed back so I bailed. Almost finalized the deal to buy a new IS500 V8 Lexus but at the last minute the dealer tried to add $3000 ADM fee so I told him no thanks.
Today I picked up a Genesis G70 in Siberian Ice exterior and black interior with RWD and the 6 cylinder. Wife and I drove to Alabama to pick it up. Paid MSRP, just under $52K and in return dealer offered $1K more for my Jeep trade than any other dealer. Also earned a $500 military rebate. No added on junk fees other than a run of the mill DOC fee and state sales tax. Amazing ride, tons of tech, best stereo of any vehicle I ever owned. It is also equipped with both option packages

Only drove it 180 miles to get it home. Handles WAY better than my 2017 SS and I would say its on par with the SS for speed. This one requires I carry the owners manual with me until I can figure out how to work all the crap and other stuff. I'm at least content until my BW is delivered.
My blackwing will actually be replacing a G70 3.3 AWD. Excellent car, but I need one more manual before family needs force me into something practical.

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_144329505_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200609_144329505_HDR.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 95
Hopefully I don't have to drive this thing around for more than a few months...much worse than I remember as a high school kid.
Well, it's no Cadillac. ;) I had a 95 Z for many years before I got my ATS. I immediately missed the sound. :confused: If you or any of your friends had any 93-97 4th gen f-bodies, you might have visited my website at shbox.com at one time or another.

Last edited:
Well, it's no Cadillac. ;) I had a 95 Z for many years before I got my ATS. I immediately missed the sound. :confused: If you or any of your friends had any 93-97 4th gen f-bodies, you might visited my website at shbox.com at one time or another.
I indeed had a 97 Z28, 30th anniversary in high school, and throughout college. It was an auto LT1, when the LS1 was all the hotness, but a lot more expensive. This was the car I REALLY wanted back then, so I figured I live that dream for a bit, ha. It does sound great (the motor), but damn is it creaky/rattly and just overall CRAP compared to the newer cars I've been driving lately. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

We ordered a 5BW in February 21 and had a lease expire this past October. With the 5BW sitting at 1100, not knowing when it would be built and needing a car, we went with Volvo's subscription program. It's a 24 month lease (max), but you can return the car anytime after 5 months.... so it was the perfect solution. And it includes all maintenance, wheel/tire insurance and insurance (I would recommend a personal rider as the Liberty Mutual coverage sucks - like state minimums and not upgradable). And get this - March is our 5 month and the dealer called - they will give us $55k for it. The MSRP was $59k and the buy out is $51k, so we pocket $4k. Basically free in this crazy market.

My blackwing will actually be replacing a G70 3.3 AWD. Excellent car, but I need one more manual before family needs force me into something practical.
One more manual? You should have gotten the correct G70! 😄

Here is mine, which will also be replaced when my Blackwing arrives:

1645563978512.jpeg

1645564006963.jpeg

One more manual? You should have gotten the correct G70! 😄

Here is mine, which will also be replaced when my Blackwing arrives:

View attachment 7231

View attachment 7233
I thought I was okay with an automatic if it was a decent transmission, living in NYC and all, but I now realize there's no substitute for three pedals.

Now if they would make a G70 3.3 with a manual, I would buy one yesterday...

My M5C arrived at the US port in early December. BMWFS financing had special “end of the year” rates at .9 for 60. My car was held up at the port until mid-January and by that time the rate had gone up to 1.9. I asked if they could honor the .9 and they agreed to “since I had to wait so long.”

Just another small thing they did to earn my business (and steal a sale from another manufacturer).

Edit: I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. I meant to post it in the APR thread but I guess it fits better here anyway since it’s not BW related. Cheers

Last edited:
Welp, my short stint into the realm of the new GT500 is officially over. Put it up for sale and it sold today (sold way quicker than I expected: 24 hours). My 5BW is in 3000 status so I figured it was time to make room in the garage for it! Can’t wait to row my own gears in the Blackwing!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back