Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Apex Wheels for CT4-V Blackwing

Square mainly for Winter? What size tire?
Correct, everyone I've talked to directly has been purchasing them for winter use with 255/35-18 tires all around.

I suppose it could work just fine as a daily/street oriented setup too, again with the same size tire, but some people may not prefer the smaller rear tire look.

1700493622442.png

Talk about targeted ads. lol. On my facebook feed this AM.

Their BF sale appears to be live.

Can I apply the BF discount to the Apex wheels I've had on back order for the last three months?

Just wanted to confirm that I am reading this fitment guide correctly before I buy

Can the CT4 BW run the OEM summer tires on wheels that are .5" wider with no issues? I would go with stock size wheels if there are any drawbacks or potential for wheel rub up front. Very interested in a set of VS-5RS in brushed clear for my summer tires, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1700496681773.png

Trying to decide between the anthracite and race silver for my Road Atlanta CT4 BW. These will be cold-weather set up. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3428.jpg
    IMG_3428.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 61
As aaronraven1 - I'm also interested if I can use the stock tires on Apex wheels 1/2 inch wider fr & back without issues. I'm hoping to swap my summer tires to the Apex wheels and use the stock for snow tires. If not are there stock wheel sizes for the 4 BW from Apex? Particularly interested in the VS-5RS...but potentially other wheels as well if they don't work...

Just wanted to confirm that I am reading this fitment guide correctly before I buy

Can the CT4 BW run the OEM summer tires on wheels that are .5" wider with no issues? I would go with stock size wheels if there are any drawbacks or potential for wheel rub up front. Very interested in a set of VS-5RS in brushed clear for my summer tires, any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 22833
Yes. 255 and 275 (factory tire sizes) tires will fit on 9.5 and 10 inch wheels, respectively.

I've had good luck following Apex's fitment guides over the years. Will likely be doing the same. Only wish there was bronze V5's available in that fitment.

Trying to decide between the anthracite and race silver for my Road Atlanta CT4 BW. These will be cold-weather set up. Thoughts?
Anthracite may contrast a bit more on the white but nothing like a nice silver wheel, personal opinion.

As aaronraven1 - I'm also interested if I can use the stock tires on Apex wheels 1/2 inch wider fr & back without issues. I'm hoping to swap my summer tires to the Apex wheels and use the stock for snow tires. If not are there stock wheel sizes for the 4 BW from Apex? Particularly interested in the VS-5RS...but potentially other wheels as well if they don't work...
1700620643503.png

Both of these setups mirror the factory 9inch fronts and 9.5inch rears. The ET35's will sit 8mm further out and more flush with the rear fender in comparison.

I don't have 4VBW factory offsets on hand to compare.

Thanks mfbmike. I too want the bronze. I'm willing to wait a bit and I assume they will be available at some point (hopefully no later than early April)

Yes. 255 and 275 (factory tire sizes) tires will fit on 9.5 and 10 inch wheels, respectively.

I've had good luck following Apex's fitment guides over the years. Will likely be doing the same. Only wish there was bronze V5's available in that fitment.

Thank you very much. I also sent an email to Apex and Corey confirmed that the 18x10 ET42 will fit the CT4 BW rears.

Shoutout to @Apex Wheels for the speedy customer service and expertise.

My goal for these wheels is to upgrade to race tire and go to 265 and 285 size tires. Maybe one day if I turn up the boost after the warranty expires I will go for the 10.5" ET40 rears. I think I'll be very happy with the extra .5" for now, I think this car hooks well as is with the OEM tires.

Last edited:
@Apex Wheels

Did you guys try 295/35-18 in the rear, some good track day tire options in 265/35-18 and 295/35-18 combination, dropping to 30 profile will result in -2% diameter change while upping 1.2% on the front using 265/35 wich I find a bit less ideal.

285/35-18 tire choice sucks...

From my research on this car for track duty if one can't go to a 265/295 combo at least your just better of running better tires on stock wheels like Nakang CRS, RS71RS etc.

@Apex Wheels

Did you guys try 295/35-18 in the rear, some good track day tire options in 265/35-18 and 295/35-18 combination, dropping to 30 profile will result in -2% diameter change while upping 1.2% on the front using 265/35 wich I find a bit less ideal.

285/35-18 tire choice sucks...

From my research on this car for track duty if one can't go to a 265/295 combo at least your just better of running better tires on stock wheels like Nakang CRS, RS71RS etc.

We did test fit 295/35-18 but it's pretty tall for the rear and would likely rub under compression with the 18x10.5" ET40 wheel. Is it doable? I think so, but it would depend on how much you like your fender liners, or if the track(s) you visit have large sections of heavy compression. 295/30-18 would be a better fit. The difference in tire diameter is okay to do for track use.

There are a number of benefits to moving away from the factory wheels for track use, even if the tire size stays the same. Going to a wider wheel will put more of that tire on the ground, which of course improves grip everywhere. And with any quality aftermarket wheel, it will be much lighter compared to the stock combo without sacrificing any strength, or even an increase in durability.

Can I apply the BF discount to the Apex wheels I've had on back order for the last three months?
Absolutely, any orders placed prior to Black Friday that have yet to ship are eligible for the BF pricing. Please send us an email if you haven't already and we'll get that adjusted. Appreciate the patience!

My vote would be Anthracite, especially for winter use. It'll hide some of the grime and look cleaner for longer.

Last edited:

View attachment 22833

Just to confirm in case anyone else is curious, because I believe we already spoke directly over email, but yes the 18x9.5" ET22 front, 18x10" ET42 rear setup is a direct fit with the factory tires and can only improve the handling, since you are getting a little more of that tire onto the ground.

For reference, this car is running 18x9" ET30 front and 18x10" ET42 rear with the OEM tires.

cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing-wheels-vs-5rs-anthracite-5-lugs-18-1642-001.webp

If I got the same size as the factory wheels (18x9 front and 18x9.5 rear), are the offsets in such a way that they would stick out a little further than factory?

If I got the same size as the factory wheels (18x9 front and 18x9.5 rear), are the offsets in such a way that they would stick out a little further than factory?
Thanks for the order! The front wheel will be essentially in the same spot as the factory wheel, but the rear will be slightly further out. Not sure which offset 9.5" you ordered, but if it was ET43 it'll be 5mm further out and if its ET35, it'll be 13mm further out.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back