Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anyone else purchased a lightly optioned 4BW?

raptor5244

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - 46-381
I have my exact build on order but still waiting for a 2023 allocation but while waiting I was able to pick up a 2022 4BW at MSRP with just a few options and I am very pleased with it so far. Now I am not so sure I want to spend for my exact build with the two tone seats, color and wheel upgrades since it like $10k more when you factor the 2023 price increase. I guess I will see what the market looks like if my car ever gets built.

2022 4BW, Black Raven, M6, performance steering wheel, red calipers and red seat belts, which kept the MSRP relatively low at $61,385. I think you get a lot of car at that price. Once you start getting into the $72-80k range for a 4BW, I start thinking about a 5BW or something else at that price point? Anyone else purchased a lightly loaded 4BW and are you happy with it?

I bought mine off the lot and ended up with a few more things (IIRC ~$68k) but I would have been happy with just HBE interior (the mid option), satin wheels, and Shadow Metallic.

Unless you get CF1 (and then it only impacts performance at some speed) there are no explicit performance improvements*, so they are all bells and whistles.

If you like, that's the whole game there :)

*Yes the A10 will get faster 0-60, but c'mon lol

Light on options, just wheel color, paint color, red seatbelts and performance steering wheel. Each option was worth it. $62k MSRP.

Light on options, just wheel color, paint color, red seatbelts and performance steering wheel. Each option was worth it. $62k MSRP.
Indeed. I am not sure why the performance steering wheel is even an option. I mean does anyone want a Blackwing without the performance steering wheel? :)

Indeed. I am not sure why the performance steering wheel is even an option. I mean does anyone want a Blackwing without the performance steering wheel? :)
Agree with that 100%. Shouldn’t even be an option.

If I go cheap on the seats, I might splurge on the red seat belts :)
I would get the red belts. It may not seem like a big deal but with the base and mid-tier seats the red belts help add a little color to the all black interior. In fact, I was looking for some floor mats that have some red stitching or something to bring some more red into the cabin. I haven't found anything yet.

If I go cheap on the seats, I might splurge on the red seat belts :)
It needs some color with the base seats and pulls in the 12 o clock red stripe on the wheel.

I think the mid tier seats are definitely worth the price. They're just as comfortable as the base seat but with with better bolstering and looks. Also, the performance steering wheel is part of the 3k package so the seats are actually only a 2.5k upgrade.

I think the mid tier seats are definitely worth the price. They're just as comfortable as the base seat but with with better bolstering and looks. Also, the performance steering wheel is part of the 3k package so the seats are actually only a 2.5k upgrade.
Yeah, the folks at Cadillac knew what they were doing when it came to adding and pricing content on these cars. What happens is they price the mid tier seats at $2,500 more but at that point you are like well, for only another $2,500 then you can get the two-tone leather with climate/ventilation option, massage plus a bunch of alcantara all of the place. :)

Mine is extremely low on options. 6MT, Electric blue, Performance steering wheel, sunroof. That's it.
I'm still wondering if that's the right decision but it's sitting there built already so there's really nothing else I can do haha

Mine is extremely low on options. 6MT, Electric blue, Performance steering wheel, sunroof. That's it.
I'm still wondering if that's the right decision but it's sitting there built already so there's really nothing else I can do haha

IMO, as long as you are in a Blackwing and you are rowing your own gears you won't care about much else. :)

If you actually going to track the car then the sport bucket seats, PDR and HUD become quite useful, otherwise they are just nice to have options. I still have a 2023 on order with my color preference and options. If it ever gets built I will decide if I take delivery based on what the market looks like for my 2022 4BW. If the value tanks then I will keep it but if it is still strong I may pay the money and trade it.

I consider my CT4-V Blackwing low optioned:

6MT
Blaze Orange
Satin Graphite Wheels
Sunroof
Data Recorder
Performance Steering Wheel

Last edited:
Upgraded seats, CF1, M6 and maybe PDR would be about what I would option down to. Everything else is kinda not really needed or can be upgraded.

Upgraded seats, CF1, M6 and maybe PDR would be about what I would option down to. Everything else is kinda not really needed or can be upgraded.

I like carbon fiber, I just don't like the price. I kind of wish they had a less expensive splitter/side skirt option. I would be happy if was black plastic. I really only want the front splitter.

I like carbon fiber, I just don't like the price. I kind of wish they had a less expensive splitter/side skirt option. I would be happy if was black plastic. I really only want the front splitter.
I just think the front canards make or break the look of the car.

Have not gotten mine yet but mine is very lightly optioned tho-
Electric blue paint, Mid tier performance seats(Which comes with the high performance steering wheel). That's it. I did not feel like I needed anything else.

I consider mine to be low-optioned….that is compared to a 5 Blackwing!!!! 🍻

Attachments

• EDC980B4-0BE1-4450-963A-F1D5913B4744.jpeg
    EDC980B4-0BE1-4450-963A-F1D5913B4744.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 92

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC