Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW - Chirp/Squeak Sound Low RPMS

CaddyCoder

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Hey all! I have a question for those with a 4BW. Do you hear a slight chirp/squeaking sound if you rev the car lightly? I hear it when giving light revs, or when rolling from a stop. It’s a quick chirp and it goes away. Maybe it’s the exhaust valves? I attached a few videos here. Just curious if anyone else knows what this is, not sure if this is normal or not. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6442.mov
    12.5 MB
  • IMG_6446.mov
    16.1 MB
Last edited:
I haven’t noticed the squeak you’ve described, I’ll try listening for it though. Regarding the muffler valves, mine will sometimes rattle at idle during a cold start (at least I believe it’s them). I forget which mode I have it in at the time, however.

Yes my 5BW will do this too but you can only hear it while you are in a garage or something with the windows down and rev it just a little from idle. The sound slightly precedes the revs coming up. No idea what makes the sound.

Attached some videos of the noise to my main post. You can hear the squeaking/chirp sound. Cant tell if it’s exhaust or a squeaky belt up front.

Last edited:
Yes my 5BW will do this too but you can only hear it while you are in a garage or something with the windows down and rev it just a little from idle. The sound slightly precedes the revs coming up. No idea what makes the sound.

Interesting! Thanks for letting me know. Mine is pretty loud. I notice it at red lights, or anytime I need to move from a dead stop. I attached a few videos of the noise that I’m hearing, does yours sound similar to what you hear in the video?

My 4VBW does not do this.
Thanks for the heads up! Definitely doesn’t sound normal. Likely not a big deal but will bring it by the dealership for investigation.

Solution: Don't rev the car in 1st gear with the clutch depressed. Easy fix.

;)
Updated my post because it happens anytime I give the car light revs or when lightly accelerating, such as when rolling away from a dead stop. I hear you though 😂, it’s a fair point. I’m coming to this car from a Shelby GT350 so it’s muscle memory at this point, but I need to change that haha.

The ATS V’s had some problems like this with wastegate rattle and some other rattles. Mike had it and it took forever for the dealer to fix. My 4BW still rattles a bit and I notice it in the garage or at a stop light. Drives me nuts

The ATS V’s had some problems like this with wastegate rattle and some other rattles. Mike had it and it took forever for the dealer to fix. My 4BW still rattles a bit and I notice it in the garage or at a stop light. Drives me nuts
Appreciate the feedback. I’m really thinking that the issue is the wastegate. I believe that’s what I’m hearing.

Appreciate the feedback. I’m really thinking that the issue is the wastegate. I believe that’s what I’m hearing.
I vaguely remember them fixing mine w some cup spring washer thingys… there’s a good amount of info on it with the ATS V’s. But it should have been fixed w these cars. Mine was so loud it should like coke cans dragging behind the car. Was embarrassing as hell.

Last edited:
I have this problem, the dealer tried swapping the driver side turbo out which somewhat made it better temporarily but I'm still getting it unfortunately.

Last edited:
I have this problem, the dealer tried swapping the driver side turbo out which somewhat made it better temporarily but I'm still getting it unfortunately.

I think that’s the same “fix” they did for mine, but it’s still bad. Mines a little more rattly compared to the original poster, I’ll try and grab a video soon. It’s annoying.

Ah man, so it sounds like this is a pretty common issue then. I’ve been taking it easy on the car, just passed 500 miles. I might just live with it for now, don’t want the dealership making things worse lol.

Actually I think we have two separate issues after listening to yours again. Here’s mine:

Actually I think we have two separate issues after listening to yours again. Here’s mine:

Thanks for sharing this! Agreed, they do sound like different issues.

Mine does this. Easy to hear in the garage. Caddy claims they can never hear it and they are full of shit

Mine sounds EXACTLY like this. And unfortunately, turbo replacement didn't fix it.

It’s so annoying. Especially if the car is riding at that rpm and I’m slow rolling in my neighborhood or in a drive through line - it sounds so awful!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back