Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW - Chirp/Squeak Sound Low RPMS

It’s so annoying. Especially if the car is riding at that rpm and I’m slow rolling in my neighborhood or in a drive through line - it sounds so awful!
For me it's driving in the garage, I end up in the RPM where it rattles, and it reverberates off the walls. Still love my LF4 but it seems this is a very common issue.

I came across someone else facing my same exact issue on Reddit! Sounds like serpentine belt squeak when applying throttle from idle. He has the exact same year 2023 4BW and it’s also a 6 speed manual, like mine.

So far, he told me they replaced his left turbo but that didn’t work. So he took it back for a second visit and they adjusted the actuator, which still didn’t fix it. Then on his third visit to the dealership, they said they couldn’t replicate the noise.

He filed for lemon law with an attorney after these many failed attempts to fix it 😢. He did get a settlement. I’m really hoping I don’t need to go thru this process. I swear I always pick cars that are cursed haha, I got the caddy because my Shelby was having endless issues. The saga continues! The squeak is pretty loud and annoying but I’m loving the car otherwise 🤷‍♂️.

I came across someone else facing my same exact issue on Reddit! Sounds like serpentine belt squeak when applying throttle from idle. He has the exact same year 2023 4BW and it’s also a 6 speed manual, like mine.

So far, he told me they replaced his left turbo but that didn’t work. So he took it back for a second visit and they adjusted the actuator, which still didn’t fix it. Then on his third visit to the dealership, they said they couldn’t replicate the noise.

He filed for lemon law with an attorney after these many failed attempts to fix it 😢. He did get a settlement. I’m really hoping I don’t need to go thru this process. I swear I always pick cars that are cursed haha, I got the caddy because my Shelby was having endless issues. The saga continues! The squeak is pretty loud and annoying but I’m loving the car otherwise 🤷‍♂️.
That's almost my exact story except that I gave up after the turbo replacement lol

Hey Man,

I’ve had my 2023 CT4 Blackwing for a little over 1000 miles and I’m hearing the same noise under the same circumstances.

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

For me it's driving in the garage, I end up in the RPM where it rattles, and it reverberates off the walls. Still love my LF4 but it seems this is a very common issue.
The garage just amplifies it. It makes me wonder what people hear behind me when I take off from a stop light 🤦🏻‍♂️

The garage just amplifies it. It makes me wonder what people hear behind me when I take off from a stop light 🤦🏻‍♂️
This reminds me of the issue with throw out bearings in my Honda Civic SI, except that was a $24k Honda and this is my $78k Cadillac 🤦‍♂️

Most civic owners learned to live with it…

Solution: Don't rev the car in 1st gear with the clutch depressed. Easy fix.

;)
It is definitely not limited to the manual transmission. I have the same noise coming from my car and I have an Auto.

I’m thinking belt or clamp on exhaust is loose, considering replacing the turbo hasn’t fixed the problem for others. The car makes the noise when I turn it off too, which leads me to disregard the possibility of it being the waste gate.

with that in mind, I’m really leaning toward pulleys and belts being the culprit.

Hey Man,

I’ve had my 2023 CT4 Blackwing for a little over 1000 miles and I’m hearing the same noise under the same circumstances.

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
I haven’t resolved the issue unfortunately. That being said, I’m hearing it less often now that I’ve put more miles on the car. Sitting at 1800 miles now.

I haven’t resolved the issue unfortunately. That being said, I’m hearing it less often now that I’ve put more miles on the car. Sitting at 1800 miles now.
That’s great man! Sometimes the car makes the noise and sometimes it doesn’t. This is causing my OCD to trigger lol

New finding for you. It only happens when I run my AC. If you live in colder weather and haven’t had to use the AC lately, then it makes sense as to why you’re not hearing it as often.

Test it out for yourself. Top the throttle with the AC on and listen for the sound, then turn off the AC and watch how it stops lol

Got an appointment with my dealer next Friday to check it out.

Last edited:
New finding for you. It only happens when I run my AC. If you live in colder weather and haven’t had to use the AC lately, then it makes sense as to why you’re not hearing it as often.

Test it out for yourself. Top the throttle with the AC on and listen for the sound, then turn off the AC and watch how it stops lol

Got an appointment with my dealer next Friday to check it out.

Ah interesting. I’ll try this out asap, thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I nearly broke my foot so I can’t drive the car for a few weeks. Best of luck at the dealer, hopefully they get it sorted out. Keep us posted!

Update: cars been with the dealer for 3 days and they came back stating that the issue is with the wastegate. Getting the Turbo replaced under warranty and we’ll go from there. If it happens again then it’s safe to assume this is an issue that will happen to all CT4 BWs

Update: cars been with the dealer for 3 days and they came back stating that the issue is with the wastegate. Getting the Turbo replaced under warranty and we’ll go from there. If it happens again then it’s safe to assume this is an issue that will happen to all CT4 BWs
Thanks for the update here! Best of luck with the turbo replacement, hoping that resolves the issue for you. Keep us posted on the results.

Could it be something mechanical and rubbing when you depress the gas pedal?

Could it be something mechanical and rubbing when you depress the
No clue honestly but that could be a possibility. I need to learn more about fixing cars and how things work. I personally don’t have a lift or anything to get underneath the car and look around.

I tried cranking the AC like @Jdeee mentioned but I’m no longer hearing the squeak on my car. It’s been “colder” here though so that must be doing something because I was hearing it a TON just a few hundred miles ago. It was driving me nuts haha.

Wanted to make sure that the noise was actually gone before posting an update. After the turbo replacement didn't fix the issue, they brought an engineer in to look at it further.

For someone that has worked on cars before and built a couple of boosted civics, it never ceases to amaze me just how it’s always the simplest issues that get overlooked.

They replaced the catalytic converter on the drivers side and for a couple days now, the noise is gone.

Wanted to make sure that the noise was actually gone before posting an update. After the turbo replacement didn't fix the issue, they brought an engineer in to look at it further.

For someone that has worked on cars before and built a couple of boosted civics, it never ceases to amaze me just how it’s always the simplest issues that get overlooked.

They replaced the catalytic converter on the drivers side and for a couple days now, the noise is gone.
Noise came back, found someone on Facebook and learned that it is actually throttle body.

Put your car in accessory mode and pump the throttle, you’ll hear the plate rubbing against something.

Noise came back, found someone on Facebook and learned that it is actually throttle body.

Put your car in accessory mode and pump the throttle, you’ll hear the plate rubbing against something.
I need to get my routine servicing done so I'll mention this to service and see how it goes, I better get this sorted before my warranty expires lol

I need to get my routine servicing done so I'll mention this to service and see how it goes, I better get this sorted before my warranty expires lol
I just decided to upgrade to the Soler throttle body, should have it installed this weekend.

Sooooo I went ahead and upgraded to the soler throttle body and the car is still making the sound 😅

What else moves when you put it into accessory mode and tap the throttle?

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners