Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Am I the only one burning quarts of oil?

They put in the wrong oil inside your car
I just went threw the whole summer and the dealership been putin mobile 1 0w40 without the dexos 2 in it

All factory cadillac V are filled with Mobile 1 super car 0w 40 with dextos 2 in it

I bet you your manufacturer oil change lasted the right amount and ever since the 1st oil change been burning like a mother

Wasted my whole summer burning 3L of oil every 2000km thinking something wrong in engine

Make sure your dealership puts the right oil with dexos 2 in it all LT4 will burn others if not
You have something else very wrong with your engine. The amount of oil your engine is consuming has nothing to do with dexos/dexos2/dexosR. The LT4 has been around since 2014...way before dexos2 was a thing.

1383239551554.jpeg

Shout out my Canadian friends

We do fries in gravy in Md too. Go to Chick and Ruth's on Main Street in Annapolis and get you some fries with gravy!

I will be getting my car serviced soon but the wrong oil theory makes a lot of sense. I’m mechanically inclined and I’ve never seen a situation like this where there is no leak, no heat, no smoke.

Consequently, I have been topping the car off with the correct factory spec oil, which I purchase online since it’s hard to find in stock at auto parts stores.

I’ll bring it up with the dealer at the next service and let everyone know. Unfortunately where I live on the west coast, Cadillac is not overly popular and there is only one dealer remotely close to my house. I’d try a different dealer if I could.

Lots of sports cars burn oil, especially forced induction that run on 0w. Hence why the powertrain warranty on most high end cars specifies what defines an excessive amount.

The added oil is over thousands of miles and there is no indication anything is wrong between the engine temp, oil temp, or oil pressure. Just the oil level. Car runs fine.
Don't tell me that amount of oil is normal. BW4 calls for 5W-30, don't know about the 5BW.

I've never had a car burn any oil and that includes an 82 and 85 Mustang GT, a 98 Camaro Z-28, a Pontiac G8GT, a 2014 C7 Corvette, a 2016 Chevy SS with LS3 engine.

I bet my 4BW won't burn oil either. Sure isn't burning a drop so far.

I take breakin seriously and have 600 miles to go on the 1500 mile breakin. Had the dealer do my freebie oil change at 600 miles. Don

Don't tell me that amount of oil is normal. BW4 calls for 5W-30, don't know about the 5BW.

I've never had a car burn any oil and that includes an 82 and 85 Mustang GT, a 98 Camaro Z-28, a Pontiac G8GT, a 2014 C7 Corvette, a 2016 Chevy SS with LS3 engine.

I bet my 4BW won't burn oil either. Sure isn't burning a drop so far.

I take breakin seriously and have 600 miles to go on the 1500 mile breakin. Had the dealer do my freebie oil change at 600 miles. Don
All ICE vehicles consume "burn" oil if they didn't something would be wrong with the physics at play. You would be alarmed at what a MFG will allow on break in and even worn engines. If the OP reads this I can help just PM me.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back