Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V BW - LOW OIL PRESSURE - METAL IN OIL

Yes, or even more easily a 3-4 upshift where you grab 2 instead of 4.
Agreed, this probably the most common money shift. I find it best to let the stick flow into the next gate without using too much pressure. It is when people are racing and overpower the stick and ram it into the wrong gear and wind up in trouble.

When I was at Spring Mountain, I screwed up a paddle shift and I could easily hear the computers doing the save. I could see that it wouldn't go over 6500 rpms until I shifted again.

My 4 idles at 20-21 when fully warm. With older oil (5000+ miles) I saw 19 a few times.
Same here, when I start seeing those occasional dips to the 19 it is another early indicator it's time to change the oil.

Just got approval from Cadillac for a brand new crate engine last Wednesday. Dealer said roughly one week for the crate engine to arrive, plus 2 additional weeks in the shop to shoehorn it in. I am curious if the replacement crate engine will have the forged internal components that were not standard on the automatic cars. As far as the cause of the failure, I have been cleared of any wrongdoing by my dealer, and was reassured that my experience is likely just a one off fluke. After all, the car had no intake clips on the passenger side when I took delivery- maybe the car was worked on at the factory - idk. Pics to follow when I get back home from the office.

Congratulations !!

A 3 week wait is not that big of a deal if they actually do it correctly.

This was hopefully the toughest part of the ordeal.

Best of luck !!

Just got approval from Cadillac for a brand new crate engine last Wednesday. Dealer said roughly one week for the crate engine to arrive, plus 2 additional weeks in the shop to shoehorn it in. I am curious if the replacement crate engine will have the forged internal components that were not standard on the automatic cars. As far as the cause of the failure, I have been cleared of any wrongdoing by my dealer, and was reassured that my experience is likely just a one off fluke. After all, the car had no intake clips on the passenger side when I took delivery- maybe the car was worked on at the factory - idk. Pics to follow when I get back home from the office.
I'd imagine there are dedicated crates for manuals vs automatics due to the titanium con rods. I'd imagine they'd make sure they put in the same the take out.

I'd imagine there are dedicated crates for manuals vs automatics due to the titanium con rods. I'd imagine they'd make sure they put in the same the take out.
That's correct. There are two long block part numbers...

One is for the A10 CT4-V Blackwings (~ $4,000 retail price).

The other is the ATS-V long block with titanium connecting rods (~$8,000 retail price). However, that part number ships with an oil pan that only fits M6 cars. So for A8 ATS-Vs (the most popular application), the oil pan must be swapped prior to installation.

Same here, when I start seeing those occasional dips to the 19 it is another early indicator it's time to change the oil.
I thought this was just temperature dependent? If the oil is nice and hot at idle I will see it dip to 18/19psi on the gauge. It does the same thing right after a fresh oil change. Drive it in a spirited fashion and get the oil temp over 200 degrees, turn the AC off so the idle is not raised and then see what you get at idle.

Last edited:
Pics as promised... I have no clue what to look for but even I can see some carnage in there

Attachments

• IMG_7092.jpg
    IMG_7092.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_7098.jpg
    IMG_7098.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7100.jpg
    IMG_7100.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7101.jpg
    IMG_7101.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_7104.jpg
    IMG_7104.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7105.jpg
    IMG_7105.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_7106.jpg
    IMG_7106.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7108.jpg
    IMG_7108.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Update - One month in and the dealer just contacted me with great news way earlier than expected. The car is up and running, they just want to do one more road test tomorrow morning and then I can go pick it up. Can't wait to get her back!

After about 50 miles of driving I can confirm the car feels solid and runs great. Can't wait to finish the break-in period and really give it the beans to test it out. Now it just needs a good detail and we are back in action.

Pic 7105 is the money shot insofar as the bearing shows uneven wear through layers of babbitt material. That's the stuff of nightmares. Great to hear your back on the road. Good luck with it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back