Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A new competition for us all: Post your average lifetime RPM

I felt like this was missing a key piece of info so i used some data to do some more comparrison.

I'd say the 10-speed does its job at keeping a lower RMP. Comparing Average MPH to Average RPM allows you to see driving styles. Lower RPM, Higher MPH would indicate highway driving. Higher RPM, Lower MPH would indicate spirited driving?

View attachment 15708
I don't think there's necessarily a correlation specific about more or less spirited driving relative to speed. I could do a bunch of that style and easily average over 40 mph based on the roads around me. More likely it's just driven by city versus highway driving. Compare the proportion of idle to total hours for the two A10 cars. Sticker Boy does a lot more idling than I do. Most of my miles are highway cruising.

P.S. I think 75 MPH is around 1600 RPM in 10th gear.

I don't think there's necessarily a correlation specific about more or less spirited driving relative to speed. I could do a bunch of that style and easily average over 40 mph based on the roads around me. More likely it's just driven by city versus highway driving. Compare the proportion of idle to total hours for the two A10 cars. Sticker Boy does a lot more idling than I do. Most of my miles are highway cruising.

P.S. I think 75 MPH is around 1600 RPM in 10th gear.
Yup, no highways on my wife's daily commute just lots of stop signs and lights.

A lot of highway for a road trip and no track time yet.

1. 108.1-19.2 = 88.9 hours
2. 88.9 x 60 = 5,334 minutes
3. 1113 x 10,000 = 11,130,000 Total Revs
4. 11,130,000 / 5,334 = 2,086.6 RPM (4BW 6M)

Average MPH = 48.04
1672958409980.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup, no highways on my wife's daily commute just lots of stop signs and lights.
And I'm the complete opposite. I work from home, the freeway entrance is between 1 and 1.5 miles from my driveway and most of the roads directly accessible from my home are 55 MPH rural routes. :)

1. 76.5 - 25.8 = 50.7 hours
2. 50.7 x 60 = 3,042 minutes
3. 669 x 10,000 = 6,690,000 Total Revs
4. 6,690,000 / 3,042 = 2,199.2 RPM (4BW M)

IMG_0622.JPG

I’m not playing this game. Mine is too pathetic. I drive 7 min down the street to work.

The engine is still creating revs during idle time, so no need to subtract that out. Those with higher idle times will have an inflated average RPM with this formula. If you wanted to get real fancy, you could figure out the idle RPM, multiply that by idle time, and get a more accurate number.

Last edited:
The engine is still creating revs during idle time, so no need to subtract that out. Those with higher idle times will have an inflated average RPM with this formula. If you wanted to get real fancy, you could figure out the idle RPM multiply that by idle time and get a more accurate number.
My thread, my equation. This is intended to compare how we *drive* our cars...not how often we sit in the drive-through line. ;)

The engine is still creating revs during idle time, so no need to subtract that out. Those with higher idle times will have an inflated average RPM with this formula. If you wanted to get real fancy, you could figure out the idle RPM, multiply that by idle time, and get a more accurate number.
For fun, I did this calc assuming 700 RPM @ idle and got 1735 RPM, so its a decent difference.

Maybe he likes Taco Bell drive through🤣
What, you don't? 🤨 The first food I ever ate in my Blackwing was nacho fries and I am not ashamed to admit it!

That being said, @Daijoubu is correct...subtracting idle hours without subtracting idle RPMs throws off the whole equation. But, like so much else in life, we've gone this far... F it.

What, you don't? 🤨 The first food I ever ate in my Blackwing was nacho fries and I am not ashamed to admit it!

That being said, @Daijoubu is correct...subtracting idle hours without subtracting idle RPMs throws off the whole equation. But, like so much else in life, we've gone this far... F it.
0b38df3e-d193-44fa-8623-ec38c67d2bfd_text.gif

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners