Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW 2k RPM buzzing noise

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
I assume it’s a loose heat shield or something but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. It’s had it since I got it but it’s getting worse and I’d like to take care of it. Sounds like it’s coming from the left rear.

I assume it’s a loose heat shield or something but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. It’s had it since I got it but it’s getting worse and I’d like to take care of it. Sounds like it’s coming from the left rear.
Some have tracked it down to interior trim pieces- headliner and/or c-pillar trim. @jonnywaffles11 can tell you what his solution was.

I currently have a buzzing coming from the dashboard area that only appears when the exhaust is in sport or track, and only at midrange RPM. I have tried pressing on various dash pieces (to no avail) but so far haven't done any other diagnostics.

Some have tracked it down to interior trim pieces- headliner and/or c-pillar trim. @jonnywaffles11 can tell you what his solution was.

I currently have a buzzing coming from the dashboard area that only appears when the exhaust is in sport or track, and only at midrange RPM. I have tried pressing on various dash pieces (to no avail) but so far haven't done any other diagnostics.

Thanks!
After further "investigation" it's more of a 1.75k RPM buzz, only under acceleration, worse when cornering. I also found a literal hockey puck wedged onto the frame of my car, presumably from when someone was jacking it up...

when in doubt, start hulk smashing the headliner. for me, a clip on the headliner near the rear windshield on the right was not pressed in. these cars were designed with a very muted exhaust in mind. I feel like annoying nvh will continue as it ages and clips loosen and start to rattle. I think foam tape is going to be in our futures. my annoyance is a popping sound from the hvac vents when its cold and the heat starts. something must be too tight together and the warm air is expanding some of the plastic causing it to pop and slide on another piece.

Thanks!
After further "investigation" it's more of a 1.75k RPM buzz, only under acceleration, worse when cornering. I also found a literal hockey puck wedged onto the frame of my car, presumably from when someone was jacking it up...
You hockey puck find is more than likely a pinch weld puck that someone forgot to remove after lifting car.
I ended up getting bright colored aluminum pucks as composite pucks would stick to undercoating or jamb on tweaked pinchweld and leave with car.

I have this exact 'issue' as well. It is some sort of rattling only present when enough of a drone/vibration occurs like 5th gear, track exhaust around 2k rpm. To me, it seems like top of dashboard, maybe vent-housing for defroster? Annoying but not terrible.

You hockey puck find is more than likely a pinch weld puck that someone forgot to remove after lifting car.
I ended up getting bright colored aluminum pucks as composite pucks would stick to undercoating or jamb on tweaked pinchweld and leave with car.

I found the exact listing for it on Academy Sports though :bu

I have a similar buzz coming from the dash area when accelerating in Sport or Track mode. I tracked it down to the rubber phone charging pad. It has some movement when I press down on it. I put a folded black MF towel in that area which put some weight on it and the buzz is gone. I also have a rattle coming from the headliner near the back window where it meets the center brake light assembly. My headliner is not very tight to the roof in that area; it moves when I push up on it. A piece of wedged shaped foam seems to have taken care of it.

Last edited:
Seems like a common problem. I have the 2k rpm buzz from the left rear when the exhaust is in full loud, and also a rattle near the wireless phone charger. I've just been living with it for now.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back