Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4-V BW Seat Options Opinions

Hey guys,

Would love to hear your hear everyone's opinions on the 3 seating options in the 4-V BW. I'm coming from an E46 M3 with the leather seats. The standard seats in the BW seem fine but I recently sat in one at the dealer with the diamond patten upgraded seat and the bolstered felt great, looked great too. In the build configurator the mid-tier seats with the suede/alcantara inserts look amazing, but wish the back seats matched. Not sure if it's a deal breaker because I'll mostly be driving the car solo or with my 2 1/2 year old to do daycare pick up and drop offs so back seats aren't the biggest deal.

Thoughts?

I have the upgraded sky cool gray and love them. Holding up well too. I'd say the exterior color is really important here.

I have a black exterior so the color pop was important to me. Mid-tier would be all black. Pretty sure the upgraded ones also get you ventilation, which is nice, and you can add the massage feature too.

If I had a lighter exterior color the mid-tier would have definitely been appealing, but no regrets so far.

I got the mid tier seats. I loved how they felt for the 10 mins I have driven my car so far.
Also I think they work well with electric blue.

Attachments

• 492CA36B-042D-4DC6-973C-CCEF8E05BFFE.jpeg
    492CA36B-042D-4DC6-973C-CCEF8E05BFFE.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 121
I have the Skycool Grays and they are stupid comfortable. What's crazy my wife is 5'9 and I am 6'4 and I can comfortably sit behind her on either side. Strangely she was comfortable sitting behind me whereas I can not close the door if I try to sit behind my driving position.

Sky cool grey seats here, great contrast with blue exterior. I'm 5 foot 7 inches, 180lbs and find the seats fit fantastic. I had and E46 M3 Competition Package and find these Blackwing seats much more snug/secure than the BMW. Not nearly as bolstered or tight as Porsche carbon bucket seats, but definitely more than the BMW.

Thanks for the info guys! Argent Silver being my #1 choice, Raven being a close second. Love dark interiors either way.

From the seat architecture, are both the mid-tier seats and the leather diamonds the same recaros and only the material, alcantara vs leather the difference? Same bolstering, headrests, cushions etc? I'm 5'9" 160lbs so any of the seats would be great.

@cnofar I'm in an 06 Comp pkg car too. Doing a full build on it after I can get the 4V in my hands.

Does anyone have thoughts on Inteluxe? I'm set to take delivery this week so obviously it's too late but I was curious if anyone else had them and had thoughts

Does anyone have thoughts on Inteluxe? I'm set to take delivery this week so obviously it's too late but I was curious if anyone else had them and had thoughts
Love it. Easy to maintain and feels softer and more leather like than the leather in my past German cars.

Thanks for the info guys! Argent Silver being my #1 choice, Raven being a close second. Love dark interiors either way.

From the seat architecture, are both the mid-tier seats and the leather diamonds the same recaros and only the material, alcantara vs leather the difference? Same bolstering, headrests, cushions etc? I'm 5'9" 160lbs so any of the seats would be great.

@cnofar I'm in an 06 Comp pkg car too. Doing a full build on it after I can get the 4V in my hands.
Top-end seats are firmer (due to the different bits underneath for the venting) otherwise AFAIK there is no dif in those regards.

I may have gone with the mid tier seats if the rears matched, but considering you are also losing the sueded interior bits (alcantara on roof lining, pillars, doors) I would probably still have gone with the top tier seats like I did.

I have the Inteluxe base seats. I tested all three seats options. The upgraded bucket seats look sharp but the base seats provide better comfort and with less aggressive bolstering they are easier to get in and out of. If you plan to track the car then I would get the bucket seats to help support you better otherwise it comes down to comfort vs. appearance and how much you want to spend. IMO, they are pricey, $2500 more for mid tier and $5000 more for the top tier. I am always surprised how easily this car can go from costing $61-62k to $75k with top interior, automatic transmission, PDR, sunroof, etc. Add carbon fiber and you reach $80k.

I have the Inteluxe base seats. I tested all three seats options. The upgraded bucket seats look sharp but the base seats provide better comfort and with less aggressive bolstering they are easier to get in and out of. If you plan to track the car then I would get the bucket seats to help support you better otherwise it comes down to comfort vs. appearance and how much you want to spend. IMO, they are pricey, $2500 more for mid tier and $5000 more for the top tier. I am always surprised how easily this car can go from costing $61-62k to $75k with top interior, automatic transmission, PDR, sunroof, etc. Add carbon fiber and you reach $80k.

That’s why Ramen Noodle spec is the best spec! 6MT, pick your color, all the performance pieces included. I’m going to splurge for black wheels to help with brake dust :)

That’s why Ramen Noodle spec is the best spec! 6MT, pick your color, all the performance pieces included. I’m going to splurge for black wheels to help with brake dust :)
I agree. I have a 2023 4BW M6 on order with the mid-tier seats, black wheels and red calipers but I found a 2022 a few months ago at MSRP so I bought it since I have no idea if my allocation will ever be filled. The 2022 is pretty much a base spec, Black Raven, 6MT, Performance Steering wheel, red calipers and seat belts for $61,385 MSRP and included tint and ceramic coat. After driving this car for a couple months I am having a hard time justifying trading this one for the 2023 I have on order which is Argent silver, black wheels, red calipers, mid tier seats, red belts.

When you factor the 2023 $1500 price increase, $400 destination charge increase, dealer fees, cost of additional options plus depreciation on my 2022 I don't feel it is worth the $8k-$10k I would have to pay, especially when the market is softening.

If these were normal times and you could get supplier pricing and save $5-6k off MSRP then maybe but once this car gets north of $65k I start looking at other vehicles for that kind of money. Don't get me wrong, I love the car but for me this particular car makes financial when you are closer to the $60k base pricing. If it had the LT1/LT2 V8 I think I would go $70-$75k max for the V8 sound track and higher desirability long term.

Top-end seats are firmer (due to the different bits underneath for the venting) otherwise AFAIK there is no dif in those regards.

Thanks! Saw that you're in the bay too. Did you get yours at South SF?

I may have gone with the mid tier seats if the rears matched, but considering you are also losing the sueded interior bits (alcantara on roof lining, pillars, doors) I would probably still have gone with the top tier seats like I did.

Ah, I completely forgot about that. What's in place of the sueded interior for the mid-tier seats, fabric?

I agree. I have a 2023 4BW M6 on order with the mid-tier seats, black wheels and red calipers but I found a 2022 a few months ago at MSRP so I bought it since I have no idea if my allocation will ever be filled. The 2022 is pretty much a base spec, Black Raven, 6MT, Performance Steering wheel, red calipers and seat belts for $61,385 MSRP and included tint and ceramic coat. After driving this car for a couple months I am having a hard time justifying trading this one for the 2023 I have on order which is Argent silver, black wheels, red calipers, mid tier seats, red belts.

When you factor the 2023 $1500 price increase, $400 destination charge increase, dealer fees, cost of additional options plus depreciation on my 2022 I don't feel it is worth the $8k-$10k I would have to pay, especially when the market is softening.

If these were normal times and you could get supplier pricing and save $5-6k off MSRP then maybe but once this car gets north of $65k I start looking at other vehicles for that kind of money. Don't get me wrong, I love the car but for me this particular car makes financial when you are closer to the $60k base pricing. If it had the LT1/LT2 V8 I think I would go $70-$75k max for the V8 sound track and higher desirability long term.

I hear you. I went back and forth quite a bit between the 4V and manual M3/Alfa QV, I had it (M3) ramen spec'd at $76K and the Alfa QV, but that's already over $80K and my use case just doesn't justify spending that much on a new "dad" car. My 4V MOST optioned out spec would be $69K, 6MT a must, Argent Silver, Top Tier leather buckets + climate pack and the bronze wheels. Not sure on the bronze wheel colors either with the Argent and figured I could always spend $2500 and get a set of HRE's or APEX's etc afterwards. Mid tier seats would put it at $65K but now you have me wondering if it's better just to do the base inteluxe seats, but there isn't any inventory here in the bay area with the base seats to try out.

Last edited:

Ah, I completely forgot about that. What's in place of the sueded interior for the mid-tier seats, fabric?

I hear you. I went back and forth quite a bit between the 4V and manual M3/Alfa QV, I had it ramen spec'd at $76K and the Alfa QV, but that's already over $80K and my use case just doesn't justify spending that much on a new "dad" car. My 4V MOST optioned out spec would be $69K, 6MT a must, Argent Silver, Top Tier leather buckets + climate pack and the bronze wheels. Not sure on the bronze wheel colors either with the Argent and figured I could always spend $2500 and get a set of HRE's or APEX's etc afterwards. Mid tier seats would put it at $65K but now you have me wondering if it's better just to do the base inteluxe seats, but there isn't any inventory here in the bay area with the base seats to try out.
You can look for regular 4-Vs, they have the same interlux seats.

I hear you. I went back and forth quite a bit between the 4V and manual M3/Alfa QV, I had it ramen spec'd at $76K and the Alfa QV, but that's already over $80K and my use case just doesn't justify spending that much on a new "dad" car. My 4V MOST optioned out spec would be $69K, 6MT a must, Argent Silver, Top Tier leather buckets + climate pack and the bronze wheels. Not sure on the bronze wheel colors either with the Argent and figured I could always spend $2500 and get a set of HRE's or APEX's etc afterwards. Mid tier seats would put it at $65K but now you have me wondering if it's better just to do the base inteluxe seats, but there isn't any inventory here in the bay area with the base seats to try out.
If it is in your budget the top tier seats may be worth it if you don't like the dark interior and prefer the two tone sky gray or tan. I wouldn't buy them for the specifically for the ventilation feature since it is barely noticeable, at least to me. I live in Florida so nothing will prevent swamp ass in the summer. :) The ventilated seats depend on the AC to draw the cool cabin air through them. In fact, they work a little better if you vent the AC to the floor.

The mid-tier seats look the part and are fairly comfortable. They are not as firm as the leather seats but you need to deal with the deeper bolstering, which some prefer and others find annoying after a while. I think they are a good compromise, although I feel they are overpriced at $2,500 extra. Furthermore, some don't like that the mid-tier front bucket seats don't exactly match the rear seats but it wouldn't bother me at all. I never turn around to look at them, window tint blocks the view from the outside and I rarely have anyone sitting back there anyway.

As for Inteluxe base seats, maybe you can try to find a non-blackwing CT4 that has them? I went back and forth between all three seat options for like an hour before buying my car. Every time I sat in the base seats I was like, these are noticeably more comfortable than the other two. I think the seat cushion has more foam in there or something. Anyway, you still get the electronic upper wing bolster and lumbar control with the base seats, just no thigh bolster control. I was coming from the deeply bolstered Recaros in the ZL1, which are great seats and hold you in place very well but are annoying to get in and out of for a daily driver so that along with the inflated price influenced my seat decision on the 4BW.

Good luck on your decision, I am really nit picking here. I am sure you will be happy with whatever you choose.

Thanks! Saw that you're in the bay too. Did you get yours at South
No. Mine was a spur of the moment (as much as a car can be) purchase from Corwin Cadillac in Reno.
At the end of June no dealers around here were doing MSRP & I wasn't keen on waiting with South SF. So I found one in Reno that had ~$6K markup and they came down to sticker. Super fortunate timing.

I'm down in San Jose near Milpitas, ordered at South SF. If you're interested in checking Inteluxe, let me know

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back