Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

288 Miles and an engine failure

I’m in talk with GM regarding the fact that I’ve now made 2 payments and paid for shipping on a car I put all of 288 miles on. I’ve put more miles on their Buick encore loaner than my own car. No promises yet but I’m pushing for warranty up to 100k miles or them to cover a payment or two
I didn’t get a loaner car.
And my steering failure could have ended pretty badly, I was planning to drive home on a mountain road

10 days at this point. Basically the whole life of ownership of my car :)

Dealership gave some bs about no available loaners.
Yeah they’re pretty much required to as some sort of Cadillac concierge system. Just make a big stink about it and call customer support. Spending 60-100k on these specialty cars and waiting for ages to ride the goat rodeo and get them and then getting the shaft from the dealership after the fact is a big no no.

I’m in talk with GM regarding the fact that I’ve now made 2 payments and paid for shipping on a car I put all of 288 miles on. I’ve put more miles on their Buick encore loaner than my own car. No promises yet but I’m pushing for warranty up to 100k miles or them to cover a payment or two
I made two payments while my car was getting body work or waiting for the paint to cure before re-applying PPF. GM refunded me. They wanted proof of my loan payment and the in and out dates of my cars repair.

I made two payments while my car was getting body work or waiting for the paint to cure before re-applying PPF. GM refunded me. They wanted proof of my loan payment and the in and out dates of my cars repair.
How did you go about getting a hold of someone who could help you out? I’ve been trying to talk to customer support for a while and they keep saying that it’s the dealership’s responsibility to take care of me

How did you go about getting a hold of someone who could help you out? I’ve been trying to talk to customer support for a while and they keep saying that it’s the dealership’s responsibility to take care of me
Attached is my care rep, her number/extension is in the email.
Screenshot_20221106-134607.png

This makes me think, what if there is no lease/loan and the car had to go in for long-term repairs? Since there are no payments being made, how would you ask for compensation from gm and/or a dealership? Extended warranty? Free services? All-weather floor mats? Cash?

This makes me think, what if there is no lease/loan and the car had to go in for long-term repairs? Since there are no payments being made, how would you ask for compensation from gm and/or a dealership? Extended warranty? Free services? All-weather floor mats? Cash?
To be honest I don’t care about them making payments or anything for me. I want my warranty pushed out to 100k miles bumper to bumper. Planning on keeping this car for a long time and this doesn’t inspire confidence.

Forget the payments, get the warranty.
If your furtunate enough to write a check for the full amount, chances are this is not your first or second car and being without it for a few weeks will only be an annoyance.

Forget the payments, get the warranty.

If you’re furtunate enough to write a check for the full amount, chances are this is not your first or second car and being without it for a few weeks will only be an annoyance.
I think it’s more about the principle of paying 100k for a car (or more after markups) and waiting a year to get it or another year to even get an allocation and then at 288 miles, or 3500 miles or even 9 miles like @savethemanual needing significant repairs and being out of your car for a month on end. GM/Cadillac as a company should care about their last hurrah and halo car and those customers. But after spending so long in the goat pen I’m really not surprised by it and to be honest after waiting so long, what’s another month. At least I got 3 days of my new car and I can go see it any time I want, albeit in a condition that makes me a little bit sad.

TLDR: I really hope Caddy bumps the warranty on the people who’ve had mechanical issues so far. Sorry for my rant. Been a frustrating past few weeks.

@Nadnerb I hear you, I'm coming off an absolute nightmare of an experience with my Explorer ST, it spent the first 4 months of the 6 months I owned it in the shop. Ford did offer a buy back, but I opted for an 8 year/150K warranty. In hind sight I should have let them buy it back.

I hope GM does right by you and you are happy with the outcome.

Come up with what you deem reasonable for compensation.

Come up with what you deem reasonable for compensation.
Whatever it would take to lease the car at the time, or a comparable loaner, or a comparable rental. How I am financing my car is irrelevant to the situation. Although, it's probably all "goodwill" anyway if I were to read all of the warranty book (which I won't).

I think it’s more about the principle of paying 100k for a car (or more after markups) and waiting a year to get it or another year to even get an allocation and then at 288 miles, or 3500 miles or even 9 miles like @savethemanual needing significant repairs and being out of your car for a month on end. GM/Cadillac as a company should care about their last hurrah and halo car and those customers. But after spending so long in the goat pen I’m really not surprised by it and to be honest after waiting so long, what’s another month. At least I got 3 days of my new car and I can go see it any time I want, albeit in a condition that makes me a little bit sad.

TLDR: I really hope Caddy bumps the warranty on the people who’ve had mechanical issues so far. Sorry for my rant. Been a frustrating past few weeks.
That's no rant (not even a tizzy) that's just level-headed bemusement! You've got a great attitude towards things in fairness.

And that's really all you can do. Caddy/GM should absolutely proactively be stepping up with some efforts at goodwill. That they haven't already is a bit shit, but hopefully they do something soon.

If they can't find you a loaner, take a look at a nice car from Sixt (if you have the option) and ask them will they pay. Nothing to lose but a few minutes of time.

Update: I think I'm legitimately cursed or my car is. The technician had the cherry picker for my engine fall over onto him as he was pulling it from storage. So instead of getting my car back tomorrow or Thursday it'll most likely be Friday or Monday/Tuesday next week. The goats have infiltrated my dealership too I guess.

Goats got to the body shop where my car had warranty paint work done too.

What happened to your paint? Goats are partially colorblind so did they hit it with the wrong color?

View attachment 14240
My car's hood had exposed primer on an edge and misaligned hood gap. The body shop was too dumb to know it had PPF(the manager I dropped it off with was fired and left no note). So I get a call that my ceramic coating is being weird to sand on the hood. I then explained it was PPF...he then asked ME how to remove the PPF.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back