Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

288 Miles and an engine failure

if you ever wanted to know what a less than 300 mile engine looks like torn down here it is.

Attachments

• FA42C58F-D301-4C28-B217-8D35470F8868.jpeg
    FA42C58F-D301-4C28-B217-8D35470F8868.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 199
  • 56FBDA03-32D5-453C-81BD-3617CCD6B6CF.jpeg
    56FBDA03-32D5-453C-81BD-3617CCD6B6CF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 209
  • 277B760C-F439-44B0-9A2E-797EDA69C390.jpeg
    277B760C-F439-44B0-9A2E-797EDA69C390.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 206
I think it would prefer a factory long block vs. your dealer bolting some new bits on and hoping for the best.

This is a worse reality when compared to paint defects and snowflakes landing on precious while she sits in the goat pin.

Thanks for the perspective reset bud.

Well boys. Getting the call from the dealership tomorrow morning. Heads are off and.... well it's probably rod bearings lol. Just my luck but she's gonna need a new long block.
I think it would prefer a factory long block vs. your dealer bolting some new bits on and hoping for the best.

This is a worse reality when compared to paint defects and snowflakes landing on precious while she sits in the goat pin.

Thanks for the perspective reset bud.
Yeah it’ll be a new block. Officially I think I’m the second person to have a Blackwing completely fail mechanically. Of course car and driver gets to be the first. Anytime sir

Results are in. Cylinder 4 rod bearing spun. It was more than likely not torqued properly since there’s 30 thousandths of play in it. The noise is the piston moving up and down and the rod smacking into things. Soooooo it’s gonna need a new motor, and I hope it doesn’t arrive with Crystal’s name on it this time

Results are in. Cylinder 4 rod bearing spun. It was more than likely not torqued properly since there’s 30 thousandths of play in it. The noise is the piston moving up and down and the rod smacking into things. Soooooo it’s gonna need a new motor, and I hope it doesn’t arrive with Crystal’s name on it this time
Hopefully the new heart comes in quickly and you're back on the road with smiles.

Sorry if I missed the detail but, did they offer you a loaner in the process?

You've been pretty calm through the whole ordeal. Wish you the best on repairs.
If my engine had failed in that few miles, I would not have made it home from delivery, LOL.
Maybe it’s because this whole experience with getting the car and having it sit in a lot for months has been just so ass I’m not even surprised that something like this has happened lol. It’ll be fixed at the end of the day. Crying about it won’t really do much. That being said I will be reaching out to GM and seeing what they’re gonna do to comp me

Maybe it’s because this whole experience with getting the car and having it sit in a lot for months has been just so ass I’m not even surprised that something like this has happened lol. It’ll be fixed at the end of the day. Crying about it won’t really do much. That being said I will be reaching out to GM and seeing what they’re gonna do to comp me
... maybe you can ask them if those 288 miles you already accumulated towards break in can be applied to your new motor?!

evil-laugh-laugh.gif

..jk of course. Feel for you and great attitude.

respect-tip-of-the-hat.gif

I do have a loaner. 2020 Buick Encore. Makes me want to commit die
Ugh... I think you could ask for an upgrade. Have they given an ETA as to how long it takes to fix?

They sent me to Enterprise and they had an XT5 for free but I saw a Crew Cab Silverado in the corner and I got that for $5 extra a day. I was more than happy.

I think you can easily ask for something better considering the circumstances and it will probably be weeks.

Ugh... I think you could ask for an upgrade. Have they given an ETA as to how long it takes to fix?

They sent me to Enterprise and they had an XT5 for free but I saw a Crew Cab Silverado in the corner and I got that for $5 extra a day. I was more than happy.

I think you can easily ask for something better considering the circumstances and it will probably be weeks.
It’s not an enterprise car. It’s an actual dealership loaner car. To be honest for what I use it for it’s not that bad. I don’t really care too much, the weather is shitty so I’m not driving much. 2-3 weeks in a mom mobile that gets 25-30mpg is fine lol. I’ll have to make it up
No alias, on the build plate. Get a new heart and you're back in the game. Best of luck, pls post progress.

I want my name on a plaque on the supercharger now. I deserve a medal for being the 1st broken 2023 Blackwing owner

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back