Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

288 Miles and an engine failure

The LT4 issues we know about so far have been early life failures, so there is that data point, meaning don't mod until you're well into 5 digit odometer reading.

If there isn't a thread, we should create an LT4 engine builder database and track things like dyno output, failures, etc. I'm sure this idea as been thought of on the Corvette and ZL1 forums, but it would be fun to read specific to our 5BW if Crystal really is failure prone or if she builds ringers.

Sucks to read this, hopefully its just an eaton swap and you can move on

Normally when something like this happens, is a precursor to UPGRADE!!!!

More like Cry-stall, amirite?
keegan-michael key thumbs GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Can do. I experienced a bit of that jerking/porpoising that was mentioned a little while back where someone was experiencing it and said it was some cam actuator valve that caused it but I think in my case this was more fatal to the motor
So sorry to hear, I have the porpoising issue which my dealer refuses to accept

Update for you all: Not the supercharger. They pulled it off today and it still makes squeaky squeaky. They're gonna tear down heads next I believe.

Now I’m curious to know who the builder was? *update* I found it.

To everyone wondering about the builder, they wouldn't be the cause of the engine dying.

Its basically just a manual assembly of pre-made components and the builder just puts things in tightens stuff up. Everything is cross checked and referenced. It isn't possible for the builder to screw up the engine as the computer is checking all the tolerances and specs every step of the way.

Failures are due to bad parts that show up early into the engines life (which is when they should fail) and not the builder.

I figure this is common knowledge but the amount of people wanting to know who the builder was, whether just for fun or otherwise is a bit much.

Update for you all: Not the supercharger. They pulled it off today and it still makes squeaky squeaky. They're gonna tear down heads next I believe.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

To everyone wondering about the builder, they wouldn't be the cause of the engine dying.

Its basically just a manual assembly of pre-made components and the builder just puts things in tightens stuff up. Everything is cross checked and referenced. It isn't possible for the builder to screw up the engine as the computer is checking all the tolerances and specs every step of the way.

Failures are due to bad parts that show up early into the engines life (which is when they should fail) and not the builder.

I figure this is common knowledge but the amount of people wanting to know who the builder was, whether just for fun or otherwise is a bit much.
I was just curious. Gives me something else to forget, according to my wife…

Its just for fun dude. But, human error is always an option.

If its not the blower, then my next stab at it is lifter from the metallic squeaks.

If its not the blower, then my next stab at it is lifter from the metallic squeaks.
I was thinking the same thing. The squeak in the video clip seems really loud as though it's coming from the top of the engine as opposed to being buried somewhere down below. It did prompt me to re-read the C&D failure article. But that looks to be something different and was much more catastrophic.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back