Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2023 CT5-V Blackwing Order Banks Closed!?

CT5-V Model
No. I really doubt it. GM does many things right, but they've never been good about creating exclusivity.

If it is in demand, GM till try to make as many as they can and for as long as they can.

I personally think the CT5 V Blackwing is going to be in production for a loooong time. The Blackwing engineers have made a golden goose and the GM bean counters are going to work her for all she's worth until she's begging for a humane death.

The way things are going GM is probably going to come up with a special edition for every year just to milk the most out of this.

Here is probably their product strategy along with the tagline for each year.

2023: 120 anniversary edition

2024: 20 years of V Edition. "Yep we've been shoving z06 engines into your grandpa's car for 20 years now, get some nice new badges and some stickers to celebrate."

2025: Final Edition. "It's the end of an era, get yours now, because it's all over after this."

2026: Encore Edition. "The cheering was so loud when we got off the stage, that we decided to do one final go at it. It's seriously over after this."

2027: Resurrection Edition. "We killed the beast but it wouldn't stay dead. Due to popular demand we resurrected the Blackwing. Nevermind production only stopped for a few weeks while we retooled the factory."

2028: 125th Anniversary Edition. "What kinda bs anniversary was 120 anyway?? This is the anniversary edition you really want."

2029: 25 years of V Edition. "Yeah, 20 years ain't a real anniversary either. Get the stickers that really matter"

2030: Chinese Blackwing Edition: "The legendary Cavalier nameplate returns as an EV subcompact SUV with an 800hp trimotor Ultium drivetrain in SS trim. To make room at the Lansing plant, all Blackwing production has moved to China, the only place in the world that still makes and buys sedans.

New features include:
Cadillac Smart Comrade Driver: broadcasts all your movements to a special Blackwing concierge service based in Chengdu.

All body panels now feature paint across the entire surface.

Orders go to instant 2000 status if you work for the US government or live near a military base."

2031: Blackwing leMans Victory Edition: "Finally after 8 years of trying, Cadillac wins Lemans. Of course all of the manufacturers have pulled out and Cadilliac was the only factory team, but no matter, a win is a win. Stickers for days yo."

2032: Blackwing 10th anniversary. "How have we been making this same car for 10 years? Let's celebrate our procrastination with a sticker package."

2033: Blackwing CT4 surround view edition. "We heard you, the CT4 BW now comes with a 360 camera."
I don't know how you got @Jameson's Viggen to divulge Cadillac's timeline, but he's probably going to be in big trouble, now. 😳

No. I really doubt it. GM does many things right, but they've never been good about creating exclusivity.

If it is in demand, GM till try to make as many as they can and for as long as they can.

I personally think the CT5 V Blackwing is going to be in production for a loooong time. The Blackwing engineers have made a golden goose and the GM bean counters are going to work her for all she's worth until she's begging for a humane death.

The way things are going GM is probably going to come up with a special edition for every year just to milk the most out of this.

Here is probably their product strategy along with the tagline for each year.

2023: 120 anniversary edition

2024: 20 years of V Edition. "Yep we've been shoving z06 engines into your grandpa's car for 20 years now, get some nice new badges and some stickers to celebrate."

2025: Final Edition. "It's the end of an era, get yours now, because it's all over after this."

2026: Encore Edition. "The cheering was so loud when we got off the stage, that we decided to do one final go at it. It's seriously over after this."

2027: Resurrection Edition. "We killed the beast but it wouldn't stay dead. Due to popular demand we resurrected the Blackwing. Nevermind production only stopped for a few weeks while we retooled the factory."

2028: 125th Anniversary Edition. "What kinda bs anniversary was 120 anyway?? This is the anniversary edition you really want."

2029: 25 years of V Edition. "Yeah, 20 years ain't a real anniversary either. Get the stickers that really matter"

2030: Chinese Blackwing Edition: "The legendary Cavalier nameplate returns as an EV subcompact SUV with an 800hp trimotor Ultium drivetrain in SS trim. To make room at the Lansing plant, all Blackwing production has moved to China, the only place in the world that still makes and buys sedans.

New features include:
Cadillac Smart Comrade Driver: broadcasts all your movements to a special Blackwing concierge service based in Chengdu.

All body panels now feature paint across the entire surface.

Orders go to instant 2000 status if you work for the US government or live near a military base."

2031: Blackwing leMans Victory Edition: "Finally after 8 years of trying, Cadillac wins Lemans. Of course all of the manufacturers have pulled out and Cadilliac was the only factory team, but no matter, a win is a win. Stickers for days yo."

2032: Blackwing 10th anniversary. "How have we been making this same car for 10 years? Let's celebrate our procrastination with a sticker package."

2033: Blackwing CT4 surround view edition. "We heard you, the CT4 BW now comes with a 360 camera."

I'll refrain from posting my own personal opinions of the original source of the information as they tend to regurgitate shit that's already been published and then call it "exclusive according to our sources".

I'll look into this when I get into work tomorrow, but I highly doubt it's an emissions issue. The Escalade-V just started hitting dealer lots with the same LT4 engine that's in the CT5-V Blackwing. So if emissions is the issue, are they suddenly killing the Escalade V too?

Even though unlikely, an emissions difference could be a car vs a truck at 7500gvwr.

I'll look into this when I get into work tomorrow, but I highly doubt it's an emissions issue. The Escalade-V just started hitting dealer lots with the same LT4 engine that's in the CT5-V Blackwing. So if emissions is the issue, are they suddenly killing the Escalade V too?
It'd be a way to get those MPG averages up without cutting into that sweet SUV $$$$ gravy train. Maybe? Dunno, just guessing

NEWS FLASH : This is from BM Authority concerning CT5V BW production stoppage." Due to significant retooling challenges for the 2025 production year all future CT5V BW are cancelled as of 11-1-2022. Total production for 2022 will be capped at 400 5BW." A total of 2000 CT5V BWs will ultimately be produced which makes the very fortunate owners of this pinnacle of Cadillac ICE production very lucky indeed. Ronny Barrett of Barrett Jackson noted" due to the extremely limited production of this treasured classic anyone owning a CT5V BW should see resale values ballon to 200k-300k value." He did note one unfortunate caveat to this BW rags to riches scenario. Ronny explained" Due to the utter saturation of CT5V BWs in the TEXAS market (especially Dallas sold cars) the value of these cars is roughly 1/2 of original MSRP. Any poor individual that owns more than 1 BW in any form renders those cars as absolutely worthless."

Lol you had me going for a second.

FWIW... https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/10/2023-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-no-longer-available-to-order/

Looks like there will be '24s, just not a lot of them. I don't think it's strictly emissions - I think Cadillac figured out what other car brands playing in this market have figured out, if it's a halo car, make sure to produce quite a bit less than what the market demands and create a FOMO frenzy that lifts sales across the board :D

Also have to admit to having a dark thought that they need to put a hold while they figure out the exploding LT4s...

FWIW... https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/10/2023-cadillac-ct5-v-blackwing-no-longer-available-to-order/

Looks like there will be '24s, just not a lot of them. I don't think it's strictly emissions - I think Cadillac figured out what other car brands playing in this market have figured out, if it's a halo car, make sure to produce quite a bit less than what the market demands and create a FOMO frenzy that lifts sales across the board :D

Also have to admit to having a dark thought that they need to put a hold while they figure out the exploding LT4s...
I'm sure it's not, but cynical me thought the same, jokingly. I'm sure at worst maybe they had a bad vendor for a small batch of one part. Ofc, if the issues are all in different spots...

Alright, dealers are back at work today. Has anyone determined whether this is true or just GM Authority BS?

I h
Alright, dealers are back at work today. Has anyone determined whether this is true or just GM Authority BS?
I have been unable to get any confirmation other than the dealers have NOT received official notification from GM. I may not be able to find anything out until Thursday.

Just heard from Dustin says it’s not true!
So I guess this means I can't delete all the CT5-V Blackwing orders out of the tracker?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF

I just got around to checking my work e-mail. Saturday I received an e-mail from our Cadillac store Gm saying my 23 CT5 V order is not getting built . Going to shoot for 24.

I just got around to checking my work e-mail. Saturday I received an e-mail from our Cadillac store Gm saying my 23 CT5 V order is not getting built . Going to shoot for 24.
What was the explanation?

Didn't we know for months that regular v production was going to be limited to 20% for 2023? Maybe gmauthority got regular V's and Blackwings mixed up.

What was the explanation?
He said in the e-mail "looks like Cadillac announced that 2023 CT5 V Blackwing is complete. We will have to wait for 2024 Model year info to come out and reorder your car"

He also told me they didn't get any allocations for 23. I'm guessing that's for the CT5 V BW because I was 1st in line. No idea if they got any CT4 V BW allocations.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back