Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 Build Out and 2024 Start of Production Dates

Maybe they are cancelling it and all the 4BW manual owners will own a small prod unicorn.
Maybe that’s why they flooded the market with all these recently. End of the road.

Maybe that’s why they flooded the market with all these recently. End of the road.
On that note, Feb it seemed like there was a massive release of MY2023 CT5BW. A lot of those have sold down and the market seems to have settled down on the number of BW manuals sitting around on lots. Probably trying to get the 23s out before they start working on the 24s in couple months.

0% chance they invest in a ‘mid-cycle’ refresh and then drop the model the same year. I’d go ‘27 as the EOL for CT5.
I recall Dodge doing it with the 2008 Magnum (one year only facelift), the XLR-V got body changes that are specific to 2009. So there's precedent out there.

This is GM we're talking about, it's not like they would, say, develop a whole TT DOHC powertrain and then kill it after just two model years.

This is GM we're talking about, it's not like they would, say, develop a whole TT DOHC powertrain and then kill it after just two model years.
Or do a complete front end face lift for two years on that same CT6

I agree with others that a knockout blindside by GM is totally plausible. There is newly issued fuel economy standards to increase CAFE for '24 - '26 model year and while the BW's are a mere fractional drag on the average, don't underestimate the power of virtue signaling on the decision to drop the BW after the '24 run.

I agree with others that a knockout blindside by GM is totally plausible. There is newly issued fuel economy standards to increase CAFE for '24 - '26 model year and while the BW's are a mere fractional drag on the average, don't underestimate the power of virtue signaling on the decision to drop the BW after the '24 run.
Let's hope that a bunch of celebrities don't find out about the Blackwing and jump on social media and cancel Cadillac. Sad what has become of our once great American culture and society.

I attempted to do the math on the cafe fines (they are civil penalties) and estimated $2-3k per 5 Blackwing. I assume they simply add that to the MSRP (just like the gas guzzler tax). Whatever the increased fine is for' 24, I assume they'll adjust the MSRP accordingly as it seems the market will bear it

The last day of 2023 CT4 and CT5 production will be 6/29/2023

2024 CT4 and CT5 production will begin on 7/10/2023. Orders will be accepted for entry into GM's Order Workbench system on 5/4/2023.
Thanks for the information, Rob. I have a question, please. When is the last week of dealer allocations for the MY23 CT5-V BW? In other words, when does GM stop accepting new orders for MY23?

Thanks for the information, Rob. I have a question, please. When is the last week of dealer allocations for the MY23 CT5-V BW? In other words, when does GM stop accepting new orders for MY23?
Since the new model ordering starts on 5/4. Maybe MY23 is 5/3??

Since the new model ordering starts on 5/4. Maybe MY23 is 5/3??
The "DOSP" (Dealer Order Submission Process) works on a weekly allocation cycle. Sometimes, GM cuts off allocations for the current model more than one weekly cycle ahead of the new MY. As it stands now, there are 2 more potential calendar weeks for MY23 allocations. I need to know when is the "last allocation" weekly cycle for MY23. Thanks!

0% chance they invest in a ‘mid-cycle’ refresh and then drop the model the same year. I’d go ‘27 as the EOL for CT5.
Bro, 0% chance this goes to 27 actually, it can't and it will not I guarantee it. You will be lucky if GM keeps the tooling around until 25 when the line is done.

I recall Dodge doing it with the 2008 Magnum (one year only facelift), the XLR-V got body changes that are specific to 2009. So there's precedent out there.

I just drove a H/O Blackwing in CT6 and I will admit it's absolutely just about perfect with smooth linear acceleration without a major lag response. My LT4 is crude compared to that thing I still go back in memory and replay as that car was very cool how it handled the road.

Final Consensus Month / Cycle: May / 1

Final DOSP Cycle: May 11, 2023

In-System Return Cutoff: 4/14/2023

My interpretation: if you don't have an order in the system by now, you do not have a chance of getting a 2023, but don't quote me on that...

Final Consensus Month / Cycle: May / 1

Final DOSP Cycle: May 11, 2023

In-System Return Cutoff: 4/14/2023

My interpretation: if you don't have an order in the system by now, you do not have a chance of getting a 2023, but don't quote me on that...
What if you have an older in (1100?), but your dealer doesn't have an allocation yet? What is the last day that order could be accepted for a '23 (and avoid the MSRP increase)?

What if you have an older in (1100?), but your dealer doesn't have an allocation yet? What is the last day that order could be accepted for a '23 (and avoid the MSRP increase)?
As I said above, I believe that April 14th was the cutoff day to get orders in if I understand GM's rhetoric correctly.

If you have an order in the system but your dealer does not receive allocation by the final consensus cycle in May, your order will be deleted out of GM's Order Work Bench system and your dealer will have to re-enter your order for a 2024 model year and the waiting for allocation game begins again.

If there are any price increases for the 2024 model year, those will be transferred over to the customer. There is no way to lock in price protection from one model year to another.

As I said above, I believe that April 14th was the cutoff day to get orders in if I understand GM's rhetoric correctly.

If you have an order in the system but your dealer does not receive allocation by the final consensus cycle in May, your order will be deleted out of GM's Order Work Bench system and your dealer will have to re-enter your order for a 2024 model year and the waiting for allocation game begins again.

If there are any price increases for the 2024 model year, those will be transferred over to the customer. There is no way to lock in price protection from one model year to another.
Thanks. The terminology is new to me. What is a "DSOP" cycle vs a "concensus" cycle?

Thanks. The terminology is new to me. What is a "DSOP" cycle vs a "concensus" cycle?
Good question. I'm not even sure. LOL

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners