Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 Build Out and 2024 Start of Production Dates

Bro, 0% chance this goes to 27 actually, it can't and it will not I guarantee it. You will be lucky if GM keeps the tooling around until 25 when the line is done.
I was basing that on someone I know who has a NDA signed with Caddy regarding the BW and plans through '27.

But it IS GM and they have done stranger things in the past.

I attempted to do the math on the cafe fines (they are civil penalties) and estimated $2-3k per 5 Blackwing. I assume they simply add that to the MSRP (just like the gas guzzler tax). Whatever the increased fine is for' 24, I assume they'll adjust the MSRP accordingly as it seems the market will bear it
I love how GM didn't even head fake to CAFE with the BW. It doesn't even have the hated 1st-4th skip shift on every V8 manual since 1994.

FWIW, I saw an article yesterday from Autonews. Sorry, I can't find the article to provide a link. They claim that 2025 is the last year of the CT4/CT5 based on GM's need to convert the plant over for EV production.

Final Consensus Month / Cycle: May / 1

Final DOSP Cycle: May 11, 2023

In-System Return Cutoff: 4/14/2023

My interpretation: if you don't have an order in the system by now, you do not have a chance of getting a 2023, but don't quote me on that...
Thanks so much for this information Rob. You're the best!

FWIW: I goggled "GM In System Return Cutoff" and found this thread in a Corvette Forum. A guy had an order at Status 2000 and was told by his Dealer that he couldn't make any changes to it. He thought changes could be made between status 2000 and 3000. Someone then posted that after the "In System Return Cutoff" date, no changes can be made after status 2000.

Given that the MY23 BW Final DOSP is May 11th, I interpret these dates for us to mean that allocations will happen weekly until May 11th. However, once accepted by GM (Status 2000), no changes can be made to your order because we're past the In System Return Cutoff date.

Meanwhile, all the dealers in my area have been loaded up with 4BWs for months. They haven't budged.

Meanwhile, all the dealers in my area have been loaded up with 4BWs for months. They haven't budged.
I haven't been following the availability, but assume this is out of the ordinary. The BWs are usually pretty scarce right?

I haven't been following the availability, but assume this is out of the ordinary. The BWs are usually pretty scarce right?
A 4BW with AT was at my local dealer a few months back at $4K off MSRP. I’ve since seen a few more sitting around from time to time.

The 4BWs are plentiful in my area. I show 55 new available in a 50 mile radius. 43 auto, 8 manual.

I show 636 nationwide. These are actual cars for sale at dealers, not counting the "in-transit" you see on the dealer websites.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 9.51.34 PM.png

I see (10) 5BWs in stock within 50 miles of me, 5 auto, 4 manual. 198 listed nationwide.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 9.56.17 PM.png

A 4BW with AT was at my local dealer a few months back at $4K off MSRP. I’ve since seen a few more sitting around from time to time.
My stupid local dealer has 4BW autos marked up $5000. Obviously aren't selling.

They need to get with the program. Those days are over.

I also thought that 2025 would be the last year for the BWs based on everything I had read the past few years about the Camaro going away after 24 and LGR converting to EV production. But then I saw this a few days ago………

C&D Future Cars: Corvette SUV on the Alpha platform

An Alpha-based Corvette SUV would keep the ICE assembly line at LGR in place for a while. It seems unlikely they would build a single low-volume, albeit highly profitable, vehicle there so maybe the BWs will live a bit longer. The mid-cycle refresh certainly makes more sense in this light. I’ve been a Car and Driver subscriber for 40+ years and their “cars worth waiting for“ predictions usually pan out.

I also thought that 2025 would be the last year for the BWs based on everything I had read the past few years about the Camaro going away after 24 and LGR converting to EV production. But then I saw this a few days ago………

C&D Future Cars: Corvette SUV on the Alpha platform

An Alpha-based Corvette SUV would keep the ICE assembly line at LGR in place for a while. It seems unlikely they would build a single low-volume, albeit highly profitable, vehicle there so maybe the BWs will live a bit longer. The mid-cycle refresh certainly makes more sense in this light. I’ve been a Car and Driver subscriber for 40+ years and their “cars worth waiting for“ predictions usually pan out.
Possibility as GM has been vocal about their plans for Corvette sub brand? Currently, they probably have major hard on for that plant and it's current output and product mix which is only getting dimmer by the second in this economy. I will be shocked if GM pumps out Blackwings in 25

I wouldn't be surprised if GM/Cadillac keeps making the Blackwings for as long as Dodge has been cranking out Challengers ! (16 years and going strong.)
I mainly bought my 22' 5BW because they had said that they were only going to make them for a couple of years. Liars.

I wouldn't be surprised if GM/Cadillac keeps making the Blackwings for as long as Dodge has been cranking out Challengers ! (16 years and going strong.)
I mainly bought my 22' 5BW because they had said that they were only going to make them for a couple of years. Liars.
Who is they? Because GM never gives out that kind of future production information. They announce the end of a vehicle just like they announce the end/beginning of the next model year production dates. We can guess as much as we want to, but unless they announce a "final edition" of some sort, we won't know until it's too late and the order books will already be full.

We have a store NW of PHX that is still asking $15K over on 4BW's. I don't know how they sell anything. Their prices seem high to me for all their stock, new and used.

Last edited:
We have a store NW of PHX that is still asking $15K over on 4BW's. I don't know how they sell anything. Their prices seem high to me for all their stock, new and used.
My local also claims there still is a car shortage and therefore don't provide courtesy cars anymore. They are just too cheap to keep any cars for the purpose. 😡

As a potential owner this means good news. More units equals better chance of getting a good deal on both new and second hand markets.
At the time my concern was not knowing if there would be a 24 and possibly missing out or paying a premium on a 23 if I waited to long.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back