Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

1st time Cadillac experience horrible

no14me

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Ct4?
Tell me your thoughts. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just joined today because I’m pissed.

I ordered my car back in October 2021. I was told by my salesman that the order wasn’t picked up by GM in Feb 2022. Ok no worries.

Then I got a call in March saying that the car was built and sitting in Michigan at the lot. Ok no worries, cool I’m getting a blacking, yay!

Get a phone call that my car is in in June 2022. I’m on vacation in Cali. Told them I’ll be back in about a week.

21 June: Sorry goes downhill from here. I go to see car in person and guess what it’s damaged! I point it out to my salesman and he says, “we knew you would notice so we waited for you to notice it and we all ready have an IOU in place. I’m like WTF, did no one think to tell me this a week ago?! I go to finance and not happy with apr 4.4 but I was like if they will work with me on the price since my car is damaged I’ll

Still take the high apr. No dice. Let

Me Clarify the damage, driver side passenger door, 2 deep gouges about inch and a half each down to bare metal…yikes!

I asked for the GM and tell him I need 24 hours to think on it due to the paint damage. He tells me he has 3 other buyer lined up

To pay over sticker and says he won’t hold it so I’m like really? Ok go ahead and sale it then.

I reached out to Cadillac customer care in regards to the concern via their website on 28 June 22. Got my notification email

On 29 June 22.

1 July comes around and still nothing from Cadillac customer care team. This time I call them and they are not aware of my inquiry despite the confirmation email. So i transcribe the above and asked them

For creative financing and/or financial compensation. My advisor states she will reach out to dealer and nothing happens… car still for sale… dealer has fixed car as they sent it to body shop, I didn’t go see it as waiting for corporate to come

Back with something.

6 July I follow up with my advisor and she states she will reach out again this time

Sending to someone higher in the dealer versus someone in service.

13 July advisor calls me and states still

Nothing from dealer, car still for

Sale… says she will call me on 15 July, no one called me.

16 June I call today and ask for a senior advisor to contact me … going to be 24/48 hours before I hear back she says. Car is no longer listed on website of dealer.

This is the paraphrased version obviously but I am pissed at dealer and GM now 3 weeks in with no type of resolution on sight and car might be gone now…

I’m going to start email blasting GM corporate leadership the long and expanded version of what happened.

Dealer is Lindsay Cadillac Arlington, VA

Car VIN: 1g6d65rp6n0460240

If someone has brought this car, please be aware, it had substantial paint damage and I hope it was disclosed to you. Happy

To provide pictures as well.

So if you somehow hasn't noticed the damage the dealership was going to let you take the car knowing you would eventually discover it and have to pay out of pocket to fix?? Am I reading this right?? If so, that's a new low for any recent Cadillac experience I've read.

So if you somehow hasn't noticed the damage the dealership was going to let you take the car knowing you would eventually discover it and have to pay out of pocket to fix?? Am I reading this right?? If so, that's a new low for any recent Cadillac experience I've read.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. No integrity at all… I thought this was a luxury dealer. This is exactly why I haven’t brought American cars in a long time. Never had these type of issues with Japanese/Euro brands.

Just to clarify, did you tell the dealer to sell the car to someone else? If so, and you didn't get them to agree to other terms, I'm not really sure what you expect them to do now. That doesn't mean I don't think it sucks they didn't fix it prior to delivery. But, you know these cars have deep wait lists so if you gave up your car without having reached some other agreement, you're SOL and they did what you asked them to do. Personally I wouldn't have loved paint work on my new car either but if faced with that choice or nothing, I would have had it repaired to factory spec and moved on. Damage in transit happens and dealers are supposed to bring cars back up to new car spec. This damage didn't sound that bad. Some cars need much more extensive repairs due to transit damage.

Tell me your thoughts. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just joined today because I’m pissed.

I ordered my car back in October 2021. I was told by my salesman that the order wasn’t picked up by GM in Feb 2022. Ok no worries.

Then I got a call in March saying that the car was built and sitting in Michigan at the lot. Ok no worries, cool I’m getting a blacking, yay!

Get a phone call that my car is in in June 2022. I’m on vacation in Cali. Told them I’ll be back in about a week.

21 June: Sorry goes downhill from here. I go to see car in person and guess what it’s damaged! I point it out to my salesman and he says, “we knew you would notice so we waited for you to notice it and we all ready have an IOU in place. I’m like WTF, did no one think to tell me this a week ago?! I go to finance and not happy with apr 4.4 but I was like if they will work with me on the price since my car is damaged I’ll

Still take the high apr. No dice. Let

Me Clarify the damage, driver side passenger door, 2 deep gouges about inch and a half each down to bare metal…yikes!

I asked for the GM and tell him I need 24 hours to think on it due to the paint damage. He tells me he has 3 other buyer lined up

To pay over sticker and says he won’t hold it so I’m like really? Ok go ahead and sale it then.

I reached out to Cadillac customer care in regards to the concern via their website on 28 June 22. Got my notification email

On 29 June 22.

1 July comes around and still nothing from Cadillac customer care team. This time I call them and they are not aware of my inquiry despite the confirmation email. So i transcribe the above and asked them

For creative financing and/or financial compensation. My advisor states she will reach out to dealer and nothing happens… car still for sale… dealer has fixed car as they sent it to body shop, I didn’t go see it as waiting for corporate to come

Back with something.

6 July I follow up with my advisor and she states she will reach out again this time

Sending to someone higher in the dealer versus someone in service.

13 July advisor calls me and states still

Nothing from dealer, car still for

Sale… says she will call me on 15 July, no one called me.

16 June I call today and ask for a senior advisor to contact me … going to be 24/48 hours before I hear back she says. Car is no longer listed on website of dealer.

This is the paraphrased version obviously but I am pissed at dealer and GM now 3 weeks in with no type of resolution on sight and car might be gone now…

I’m going to start email blasting GM corporate leadership the long and expanded version of what happened.

Dealer is Lindsay Cadillac Arlington, VA

Car VIN: 1g6d65rp6n0460240

If someone has brought this car, please be aware, it had substantial paint damage and I hope it was disclosed to you. Happy

To provide pictures as well.

Not clear if they offered to fix it at no cost?
And what’s all the APR stuff about?
Are you saying you wanted some minor delivery damage fixed and a price reduction?
And what’s with the the weird spacing, that’s got me all messed up, too?
😵‍💫

Not clear if they offered to fix it at no cost?
And what’s all the APR stuff about?
Are you saying you wanted some minor delivery damage fixed and a price reduction?
And what’s with the the weird spacing, that’s got me all messed up, too?
😵‍💫
Spacing was the copy/paste
From my notes in the phone.

Offered to fix at no cost, correct. Not enough for me though. Also offered to order me a my23 model but the price is Going up so that didn’t seem like a goodAlternative.

In regards to Apr, it was alot
Lower last year and payMent more than I wanted to pay due to higher apr.

Yes, fixed and a reduction as it is a damaged car, maybe I was asking to much from a American car company?

Just to clarify, did you tell the dealer to sell the car to someone else? If so, and you didn't get them to agree to other terms, I'm not really sure what you expect them to do now. That doesn't mean I don't think it sucks they didn't fix it prior to delivery. But, you know these cars have deep wait lists so if you gave up your car without having reached some other agreement, you're SOL and they did what you asked them to do. Personally I wouldn't have loved paint work on my new car either but if faced with that choice or nothing, I would have had it repaired to factory spec and moved on. Damage in transit happens and dealers are supposed to bring cars back up to new car spec. This damage didn't sound that bad. Some cars need much more extensive repairs due to transit damage.
Yes I did when the GM was being a smart ass about having buyers lined up, which he didnt.

The non disclosure is the biggest takeaway and a few communication parts but I digress.

In a previous life i worked for ford motor company and I had never seen a car this damaged. I’m also picky when it comes to my fuel babies. :)

Offered to fix at no cost, correct. Not enough for me though. Also offered to order me a my23 model but the price is Going up so that didn’t seem like a goodAlternative.

Yes, fixed and a reduction as it is a damaged car, maybe I was asking to much from a American car company?
You do realize rates are up a ton from last year. That doesn't mean the dealer is taking you for a ride, term money is more expensive all around as yields have gone up along with inflation and the Fed has also moved rates aggressively higher.

No offense intended in saying this but from where I sit, it sounds like you were not an easy customer to deal with. I hope you posted this note to get honest feedback and not just a validation on your position. Please consider that the transit damage also wasn't the dealer's fault. Sure they could have handled that bit better, I hear ya and agree with you there. But, to ask them to both repair and also discount the car and refuse a new order alternative is unreasonable. Sounds like they would have put you back at the front of the line on a new order. That alone is them doing you a solid. Perhaps if not for the shock of seeing the damage, and with some space to cool off, one of these options would have worked. I suggest if you haven't pissed off the manager to the point of no return, revisiting that suggestion would be prudent. Honestly, if I lived on the east coast, I would be more likely to do business with this dealer after your post because they did try to right things and they offered more than they needed to in giving you dibs on a 23'.

So is this the hill you die on and walk away from something you really want? Don't like this dealer, then don't work with them. I don't see the dealer being the bad guy here. I've had to deal with a lot worse dealers than what I know of this dealer.

Example: $400 weight fee. No explanation on what that means other than all cars have this fee. You can thank Steven's Creek Honda for that gem. Yes, I walked.

CT4 Blackwings are going for MSRP at some dealers. Shop around and bring your own financing. Happy hunting.

You do realize rates are up a ton from last year. That doesn't mean the dealer is taking you for a ride, term money is more expensive all around as yields have gone up along with inflation and the Fed has also moved rates aggressively higher.

No offense intended in saying this but from where I sit, it sounds like you were not an easy customer to deal with. I hope you posted this note to get honest feedback and not just a validation on your position. Please consider that the transit damage also wasn't the dealer's fault. Sure they could have handled that bit better, I hear ya and agree with you there. But, to ask them to both repair and also discount the car and refuse a new order alternative is unreasonable. Sounds like they would have put you back at the front of the line on a new order. That alone is them doing you a solid. Perhaps if not for the shock of seeing the damage, and with some space to cool off, one of these options would have worked. I suggest if you haven't pissed off the manager to the point of no return, revisiting that suggestion would be prudent. Honestly, if I lived on the east coast, I would be more likely to do business with this dealer after your post because they did try to right things and they offered more than they needed to in giving you dibs on a 23'.
None taken. That’s a fair assessment. I appreciate your direct feedback. Im not hard to deal with but I’m not an easy customer as well, agreed. When it’s my money, I buy when I want to and on my terms. If not I’ll walk. No harm no foul.

In regards to the APR, I understand that and agreed which is why I was actually I was still willing to make the deal happen until the smart ass comment from the GM, regardless of Covid, prediction issues, etc. Most dealers just haven’t been honest in my experiences and not disclosing damage you knew about just completely put me in asshole mode.

I’m happy to let them make money off of me but I can assure you if the shoe was the other way around they would have dinged me for the damage on my car if it was a trade in, end of lease etc.

I perceive that Covid has consumers thinking “oh well, it is what it is”. For me that’s just not the case because I can assure you that when the tables turn and they will, consumers will be packing to haggling and buying cars below msrp or near invoice again. Supply and demand, and needs vs wants.

Again, appreciate your response.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. No integrity at all… I thought this was a luxury dealer. This is exactly why I haven’t brought American cars in a long time. Never had these type of issues with Japanese/Euro brands.
No, the dealer wanted you to see it before they repaired it. You told us the dealer said they knew you would see it and an WE OWE you already made out.
Yes it not good you car got damaged, but they didn’t want to just fix it without you seeing it first.
I would have had them fix it and be enjoying my car right now. Sorry just my thoughts, others here had damaged cars and were repaired to there satisfaction.

No, the dealer wanted you to see it before they repaired it. You told us the dealer said they knew you would see it and an WE OWE you already made out.
Yes it not good you car got damaged, but they didn’t want to just fix it without you seeing it first.
I would have had them fix it and be enjoying my car right now. Sorry just my thoughts, others here had damaged cars and were repaired to there satisfaction.
The delayed notification, I mean the dealer in my opinion should have notified me of the damage before I got there as they clearly knew about it. If it was a used car, ok sure.

Doesn’t sound like the kind of damage that would effect resale value, so your reasoning in expecting a lower APR and your anger at the dealer for not providing it doesn’t make sense, at least not to me.
Sounds like you let your quite understandable frustration about getting a damaged car after so many delays cloud your assessment of your options.
If my long-ago built and now probably melting in the Michigan sun BW soon arrives with damage requiring bodywork and therefore more delay, I’d find that frustrating, too.
But if I then decided to turn down the car as a consequence, I think I would eventually come to regret that decision.
As someone else said in an earlier post, you asked for honest feedback, that’s mine, respectfully.

So is this the hill you die on and walk away from something you really want? Don't like this dealer, then don't work with them. I don't see the dealer being the bad guy here. I've had to deal with a lot worse dealers than what I know of this dealer.

Example: $400 weight fee. No explanation on what that means other than all cars have this fee. You can thank Steven's Creek Honda for that gem. Yes, I walked.

CT4 Blackwings are going for MSRP at some dealers. Shop around and bring your own financing. Happy hunting.
After hearing some feedback from people here, realistically that’s the plan. I’ll let this one go. I wanted to hear others thoughts and perspectives. Clearly my post is paraphrased as I detailed.

Everyone has their own experiences and good/bad are subjective but I believe we can all agree on full disclosure when it’s comes to damage. If you think not informing the customer of damage on a custom ordered car makes the dealer a good guy, so be it.

This is the worst I have ever dealt with in regards to new luxury car purchases.

The car was offered at MSRP.

Doesn’t sound like the kind of damage that would effect resale value, so your reasoning in expecting a lower APR and your anger at the dealer for not providing it don’t make sense, at least not to me.
Sounds like you let your quite understandable frustration about getting a damaged car after so many delays cloud your assessment of your options.
If my long-ago built and now probably melting in the Michigan sun BW soon arrives with damage requiring bodywork and therefore more delay, I’d find that frustrating, too.
But if I then decided to turn down the car as a consequence, I think I would eventually come to regret that decision.
As someone else said in an earlier post, you asked for honest feedback, that’s mine, respectfully.
Not sure if you read the other posts but I understand the APR in the current market.

Every bit of damage matters. What if you brought this car and I sent you photos of it being repaired and no one told you? There you were, kind of like when we all know carfax is only a truth but not the whole truth.

None the less, I’m going to let this one go and move on to the next toy. I appreciate all the feedback. Some was stuff I didn’t want to hear but everyone here made valid points. Thank for sharing your lenses everyone!

Not sure if you read the other posts but I understand the APR in the current market.

Every bit of damage matters. What if you brought this car and I sent you photos of it being repaired and no one told you? There you were, kind of like when we all know carfax is only a truth but not the whole truth.

None the less, I’m going to let this one go and move on to the next toy. I appreciate all the feedback. Some was stuff I didn’t want to hear but everyone here made valid points. Thank for sharing your lenses everyone!
I’ll put it bluntly but frankly: you overreacted.
The worst thing they did is they didn’t tell you about the minor damage on the phone as soon as it came in or otherwise before they showed it to you.
But unless I’m missing something that’s their only sin and you chose to turn down a perfectly fine car that just needed some minor post-transport repair for committing it.
And I’ll say it again: the kind of damage you’ve described, in my view, won’t effect its resale value.
Pysch 101 feedback for you: you’re overreacting again and now it’s combined with denial.

Clearly I'm in the minority here but I don't think OP over reacted at all. "we knew you'd see the damage and we already have a We Owe" translates to "had you not said anything we would have shredded the We Owe and let you take the car". No reason to not disclose it unless this is the plan. To my knowledge, if the transit company damages it the transit company pays for the work so the dealer had no incentive to hold that knowledge. 2 options should have been provided as soon as the car came in "we can repair this at no cost or we can order you a new car, it'll be a 2023 with the price increase"

I didn't see the OP ask for a reduced rate only a reduced price, honestly after the way they handled it I would have done the same. Only in this new market would anyone say asking for a reduction on a damaged car is over reacting. I can truthfully say had this been 5 years ago this thread would look entirely different.

No respectable dealer would ever respond to a customer's valid concerns with "I have 3 customers waiting to pay above MSRP for it" doesn't matter how irate or irrational the customer may or may not be. If you don't want to allow them time to think, say that and leave it at that.

Is it possible the dealer knew exactly what they were doing when they waited to notify you of the damage? Maybe they anticipated you'd be pissed and walk away, thereby allowing them to try to sell the car to someone else with an ADM? Clearly the dealer's ethics are crap but then again, there are numerous dealers who don't care one bit about their reputation who have been called out on this site. And naming/shaming here is going to have little effect because the mass consumers who are buying non-V cars are not reading this site and not being deterred from going to the unethical dealers.

Only in this new market would anyone say asking for a reduction on a damaged car is over reacting. I can truthfully say had this been 5 years ago this thread would look entirely different.
I agree that in previous times and with a car that has high production numbers I would not buy a new car with body damage. But, given the particulars of this car and the semiconductor shortage, coupled with high inflation a person needs to recalibrate their thought process.

In no way am I saying the dealer handled this properly. There were things my dealer did that I normally would have raised significant objections to, instead I weighed my options and toned down my reactions.

Is it possible the dealer knew exactly what they were doing when they waited to notify you of the damage? Maybe they anticipated you'd be pissed and walk away, thereby allowing them to try to sell the car to someone else with an ADM? Clearly the dealer's ethics are crap but then again, there are numerous dealers who don't care one bit about their reputation who have been called out on this site. And naming/shaming here is going to have little effect because the mass consumers who are buying non-V cars are not reading this site and not being deterred from going to the unethical dealers.
It's going to have some effect, seeing as non-V sales do little to determine the amount of blackwings a dealer will get. Sharing the story here serves 2 purposes. 1) it shows the expected allocation volume of this dealer, since it took so long for OPs order to get picked up. 2) it shows the ethics of this dealer.

Low volume paired with no ethics, means that people should probably steer clear of them and give your business to a different dealer in that area.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back