Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

1st time Cadillac experience horrible

I’ll put it bluntly but frankly: you overreacted.
The worst thing they did is they didn’t tell you about the minor damage on the phone as soon as it came in or otherwise before they showed it to you.
But unless I’m missing something that’s their only sin and you chose to turn down a perfectly fine car that just needed some minor post-transport repair for committing it.
And I’ll say it again: the kind of damage you’ve described, in my view, won’t effect its resale value.
Pysch 101 feedback for you: you’re overreacting again and now it’s combined with denial.
Not going to say I didn’t overreact. I’m not in denial. What part of acknowledging others’ lenses regardless of their perspective and taking it for constructive criticism is denial?. That looks like taking ownership of the situation and my actions how they have negatively affected the situation. Again, thanks for your thoughts and that’s that. I’m moving on from this. Admin please feel free to close this thread. Again, thank you everyone for the feedback regardless of it was in my favor or not. :)

I took delivery of my car with a "damaged " taillight. I saw it after pdi, and knew it wasn't there when it was delivered to the dealer. The salesman walked over to me and I just pointed at it. He said it was noted and a new one was ordered. No "we owe" or anything, I still took the car as it was. No one called me to tell me about it, what would have been the poin? I waited over 3 months for the taillight and had issues with the quality of work with the replacement. A few conversations and everything was resolved. So yes, stuff happens, dealers will try to fix it for the most part. I almost walked away from my order when I found out about a 5k adm, but just 2 min prior, I had found out I just got an allocation and had a tpw. So I sucked it up. It's a rare car to even get, not a honda civic, so to pass it up is a tough decision. I don't even know what the financing rates were when I ordered vs. when I took delivery. After the adm annoyance, I didnt want any more add on expenses so I just paid cash. So overall, I think you slightly overreacted but all still within reason.

with the mind set I see in these threads things are never going back to normal. Even with 100+ cars on lots we will be doomed to pay MSRP for the rest of time. Might as well just do manufacturer direct orders with ADM built in. 2 Month delivery: $6000 4 month delivery: $3000 1 yr delivery: Free plus $399 Tint

with the mind set I see in these threads things are never going back to normal. Even with 100+ cars on lots we will be doomed to pay MSRP for the rest of time. Might as well just do manufacturer direct orders with ADM built in. 2 Month delivery: $6000 4 month delivery: $3000 1 yr delivery: Free plus $399 Tint
With BEVs, this is certainly going to be the situation. Most big auto manufacturers will embrace the order online with no negotiation possible. It will be a bumpy road for legacy manufacturers as dealers already have contacts in place that allow they to set prices. Lawsuits by dealers seem likely.

:useless

Tell me your thoughts. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just joined today because I’m pissed.

I ordered my car back in October 2021. I was told by my salesman that the order wasn’t picked up by GM in Feb 2022. Ok no worries.

Then I got a call in March saying that the car was built and sitting in Michigan at the lot. Ok no worries, cool I’m getting a blacking, yay!

Get a phone call that my car is in in June 2022. I’m on vacation in Cali. Told them I’ll be back in about a week.

21 June: Sorry goes downhill from here. I go to see car in person and guess what it’s damaged! I point it out to my salesman and he says, “we knew you would notice so we waited for you to notice it and we all ready have an IOU in place. I’m like WTF, did no one think to tell me this a week ago?! I go to finance and not happy with apr 4.4 but I was like if they will work with me on the price since my car is damaged I’ll

Still take the high apr. No dice. Let

Me Clarify the damage, driver side passenger door, 2 deep gouges about inch and a half each down to bare metal…yikes!

I asked for the GM and tell him I need 24 hours to think on it due to the paint damage. He tells me he has 3 other buyer lined up

To pay over sticker and says he won’t hold it so I’m like really? Ok go ahead and sale it then.

I reached out to Cadillac customer care in regards to the concern via their website on 28 June 22. Got my notification email

On 29 June 22.

1 July comes around and still nothing from Cadillac customer care team. This time I call them and they are not aware of my inquiry despite the confirmation email. So i transcribe the above and asked them

For creative financing and/or financial compensation. My advisor states she will reach out to dealer and nothing happens… car still for sale… dealer has fixed car as they sent it to body shop, I didn’t go see it as waiting for corporate to come

Back with something.

6 July I follow up with my advisor and she states she will reach out again this time

Sending to someone higher in the dealer versus someone in service.

13 July advisor calls me and states still

Nothing from dealer, car still for

Sale… says she will call me on 15 July, no one called me.

16 June I call today and ask for a senior advisor to contact me … going to be 24/48 hours before I hear back she says. Car is no longer listed on website of dealer.

This is the paraphrased version obviously but I am pissed at dealer and GM now 3 weeks in with no type of resolution on sight and car might be gone now…

I’m going to start email blasting GM corporate leadership the long and expanded version of what happened.

Dealer is Lindsay Cadillac Arlington, VA

Car VIN: 1g6d65rp6n0460240

If someone has brought this car, please be aware, it had substantial paint damage and I hope it was disclosed to you. Happy

To provide pictures as well.
If you still want to order you a new one, and you're willing to drive 20 mins more (on a non traffic day)... Sport Cadillac in Silver Spring, MD is one of the best experiences I've ever had at a dealership.

It's my understanding that cars for any brand can get damaged in transit, and when that happens the dealer gets it fixed up and puts it on the lot, with no requirement to disclose the past damage whatsoever. Even 'Certified Pre Owned' cars from the likes of Porsche are allowed to have a certain number of repainted panels and that isn't disclosed either.

I personally would have let the dealer fix it (by all accounts almost all Blackwings need some form of paint correction anyway). I think the delay in telling OP about it is odd, but I suspect most Cadillac dealers are used to selling cars off the lot and don't have the practice or finesse BMW and Porsche dealers have when it comes to handholding customers through a custom order.

The good news is they haven't learned the whole thing Porsche and BMW have nailed about needing to have bought 4 Escalades, 3 ATS's and 1 XTS before you are permitted to order a hot car like the Blackwing, so I can live with the relative unsophistication :LOL:

I took delivery of my car with a "damaged " taillight. I saw it after pdi, and knew it wasn't there when it was delivered to the dealer. The salesman walked over to me and I just pointed at it. He said it was noted and a new one was ordered. No "we owe" or anything, I still took the car as it was. No one called me to tell me about it, what would have been the poin? I waited over 3 months for the taillight and had issues with the quality of work with the replacement. A few conversations and everything was resolved. So yes, stuff happens, dealers will try to fix it for the most part. I almost walked away from my order when I found out about a 5k adm, but just 2 min prior, I had found out I just got an allocation and had a tpw. So I sucked it up. It's a rare car to even get, not a honda civic, so to pass it up is a tough decision. I don't even know what the financing rates were when I ordered vs. when I took delivery. After the adm annoyance, I didnt want any more add on expenses so I just paid cash. So overall, I think you slightly overreacted but all still within reason.

I would much rather have a tail light repaired than have paint work and possible body work on a new car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back