Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

120th annie shifter

Joespenard

Seasoned Member
Wondering if anyone here has access to the shifter knob cap part number for the 120 Anniversary 23" m\y ? The control shaft & knob assy. is the same # 24046077 22-23 m\y .

Just talked to the team that produces the official shifter medallions for Cadillac. If enough people are interested we can do a group order but we would have to change the design slightly can't have the exact same one as the 120th anniversary due to obvious reasons. Please let me know if interested I'm estimating they'd still be a couple hundred bucks a piece for a 5 item run.

Just talked to the team that produces the official shifter medallions for Cadillac. If enough people are interested we can do a group order but we would have to change the design slightly can't have the exact same one as the 120th anniversary due to obvious reasons. Please let me know if interested I'm estimating they'd still be a couple hundred bucks a piece for a 5 item run.
Can you be more specific about the design?

I believe installation would be pretty similar to the video below considering the transmission is also a TR6060. Let me know if there is any difference you found in the Cadillac design.

I believe installation would be pretty similar to the video below considering the transmission is also a TR6060. Let me know if there is any difference you found in the Cadillac design.
That is how the shifter came off on my 5BW, but I did not look at the emblem attachment. My shifter screw head partially stripped out and in case anyone needs a new one the PN is GM 11571034. I really like those spudger tools and going to buy some.

No, I meant the cap design compared to the 120th cap.
They want us to create our own design I think as long as there is just a slight difference it should be ok. Anyone with some graphic design skills able to draft a few choices that I can send to them? I'd still like to keep the original Cadillac crown logo from 1930 maybe add a small Blackwing logo underneath it along with the gear shift legend squeezed in somewhere?

They want us to create our own design I think as long as there is just a slight difference it should be ok. Anyone with some graphic design skills able to draft a few choices that I can send to them? I'd still like to keep the original Cadillac crown logo from 1930 maybe add a small Blackwing logo underneath it along with the gear shift legend squeezed in somewhere?
Got it. Is there a way we can make these things interchangeable (e.g. twist lock or threaded cap)? Because while the 120th anniversary looks cool, it's not very functional. I'd rather have a nicer, metal version of the 2nd generation CTS-V cap and maybe some flashier designs for special occasions.

413308.jpg

Maybe I'll do my own OLED display design instead of this.

I rarely look at the shifter emblem. This may seem controversial, but I like to rub it when I'm driving, so the texture is important to me. I was thinking the Cadillac crest by itself or maybe 120 or 120th underneath. I don't care for or need the shift pattern.

Shifter Emblem.png

I totally agree. The V2 knob has a better, grippier texture. Regardless, we're getting off track; I suggest we make an indented cap with a keyed, o-ring fixture beneath. Then you can interchange caps. If you're really talking to the guys that made the cap for the BW shifter, they can easily do this.

so how about we just keep it simple and go with something like this in the same material as the stock medallion? I will try asking about making it easy swappable but I'm guessing it would be much easier to stick to the original part specs.

Attachments

• draft.jpg
    draft.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 31
  • draft2.jpg
    draft2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 27
Why not just do the logo without the Blackwing, but bigger and with more fine detail?

View attachment 24533

This is from a 1941 Series 61 Deluxe.
no offense I'm sure this would look great on a classic car but on a newer car it reminds me of the 80s Cadillacs as a young kid which was probably the worst decade for Cadillac's reputation in history lol. A little too tacky and bloated IMO. Are you really against the draft 2 version with the small wings even if we remove the shift legend? I think it would be nice to pay a little homage to the Blackwing engineers since these cars are so special and well executed.

no offense I'm sure this would look great on a classic car but on a newer car it reminds me of the 80s Cadillacs as a young kid which was probably the worst decade for Cadillac's reputation in history lol. A little too tacky and bloated IMO. Are you really against the draft 2 version with the small wings even if we remove the shift legend? I think it would be nice to pay a little homage to the Blackwing engineers since these cars are so special and well executed.
It's literally the same logo. The cars don't have a Blackwing engine. It's an exercise in marketing wank.

They are very similar but the older logo has the smaller crown on top which I really like. I actually like it a lot especially the draft 2 version and if it were completely up to me I'd still throw in a shift legend. I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to get close to the 120th anniversary shifter.. and we need at least 5 to 10 people who are interested in purchasing. I'm guessing this isn't gonna go anywhere?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back