Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

120th annie shifter

Joespenard

Seasoned Member
Wondering if anyone here has access to the shifter knob cap part number for the 120 Anniversary 23" m\y ? The control shaft & knob assy. is the same # 24046077 22-23 m\y .

I only spoke to someone who works in their front office and told me I would have to submit an official proposal to get an accurate price but she said off the top of her head it would be north of $1000 for 5 pieces.

Shifter caps for the 120th anniversary cars are very unique. Not all the same part number. Vin ending 1903 has the Cadillac logo from 1903, Vin 1963 has the 1963 logo, etc. If you need a replacement, I'd suggest going to your dealer. They may even require the old one as a "core".

Shifter caps for the 120th anniversary cars are very unique. Not all the same part number. Vin ending 1903 has the Cadillac logo from 1903, Vin 1963 has the 1963 logo, etc. If you need a replacement, I'd suggest going to your dealer. They may even require the old one as a "core".
Thx. Good info. Wanting the crown and duck creast . Early productoin era. Dealer clueless to my desired wishes.

Since they made a big deal about the shifter caps being 3d printed, I wouldn't be surprised if they only printed 1 for each car. If a replacement is needed, I'm guessing it would have to go through a few levels of approval and eventually they'd just print one more, and require it to only be done through a dealer.

part number ? Anybody ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-10 7.46.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-10 7.46.52 AM.png
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 182
If this become available, GM will likely price it proportion to the cost of the 120th package. So by my math the special shifter medallion will only cost around $3,000 and it will require a dedicated courier delivery for an additional $1000.
Will they guarantee it's on an enclosed truck at least?

:rolleyes: It's just a shift knob cap OP is looking for. He's not attempting to replicate a special edition.

There's nothing special about the anniversary edition anyway minus the moniker. WOO some stickers. a few comestic farkels and a "Certificate". Doubt resale values will differ that much over the normal trim. Or enough to make up for the mark-up paid on them.

Wondering if anyone here has access to the shifter knob cap part number for the 120 Anniversary 23" m\y ? The control shaft & knob assy. is the same # 24046077 22-23 m\y .
OP - 1G6DY5R6XP0961958 This is the VIN of one with the knob you're looking for. Tried running it through ACDelco and GM Parts supply sites to no avail. Maybe a local dealer can do better. Good Luck!

:rolleyes: It's just a shift knob cap OP is looking for. He's not attempting to replicate a special edition.

There's nothing special about the anniversary edition anyway minus the moniker. WOO some stickers. a few comestic farkels and a "Certificate". Doubt resale values will differ that much over the normal trim. Or enough to make up for the mark-up paid on them.

OP - 1G6DY5R6XP0961958 This is the VIN of one with the knob you're looking for. Tried running it through ACDelco and GM Parts supply sites to no avail. Maybe a local dealer can do better. Good Luck!
Thanks . X2 . Ur correct. I'm hopeful one of inside members may provide the vendor/ supplier . I can take it from there. I like the cap , it matches the rear emblem. I retro fitted to my buggy. Besides its still freedom of choice here in this grAet land of ours. Thanks again for ur search attempt and positiVe attitude.

Like I said before, ordering this part is not as simple as just giving a parts guy a part number. It's very possible an actual part number does not even exist for this specific part. Most likely the company that 3D prints the caps for GM only made and provided the assembly line with 1 cap. There aren't any others sitting on a shelf anywhere to purchase. If you can prove me wrong, please do and that's fine, but I just doubt it.

Even if you find the vendor, I highly doubt they would risk their contract with GM to sell one plastic cap.

Like I said before, ordering this part is not as simple as just giving a parts guy a part number. It's very possible an actual part number does not even exist for this specific part. Most likely the company that 3D prints the caps for GM only made and provided the assembly line with 1 cap. There aren't any others sitting on a shelf anywhere to purchase. If you can prove me wrong, please do and that's fine, but I just doubt it.

Even if you find the vendor, I highly doubt they would risk their contract with GM to sell one plastic cap.
In review of ur inputs here in the f . grope maybe a trophy shop might be a source to further my individualism. Thx.

It would probably be cheaper to order a custom made emblem from one of those "Challenge Coin'' companies. Not sure how many minimum would need to be made. I hear that they are easy to make now.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back