Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

1,500 miles service

Erving Rodriguez

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac 4BW RA 56-8045
4bw . Ok I have the 1,500 miles and ready for the service. Any experience good or bad , things to ask for ? or these techs are on point with these cars? Any dealers ? I’ll like to track the car and owners manual mentions the 1500 service before tracking it.

FYI, I have the 5BW 6 speed and at 2000 miles I had my local dealer change engine oil, trans oil and rear diff oil. I do not track it BUT keep my cars a long time. The maintenance you do entirely depends on how you use the car and how long you plan to keep it.

FYI, I have the 5BW 6 speed and at 2000 miles I had my local dealer change engine oil, trans oil and rear diff oil. I do not track it BUT keep my cars a long time. The maintenance you do entirely depends on how you use the car and how long you plan to keep it.
There is no need to change the trans or diff fluids. But I would rather buy your car used than from someone else since you obviously will take excellent care of your car.

The diff is the only thing I recall seeing the manual specify needs changing at 1500 prior to track use. Thats not a scheduled service item though so if you use your dealer freebie oil change youll likely need to pay to have the diff serviced. That fluid is quite pricey but you should use the factory AcDelco stuff since its formulated for the carbon clutch plates in the diff.

Dealer service is a mixed bag. We generally only hear about the bad ones here, but I remained convinced that most dealer service departments do a fine job.

I do all my own maintenance and replaced the engine oil at around 600 and rear diff at 1500 miles. For track time you'll want to add a brake fluid exchange to the list and use something like Motul RBF600 or Castrol SRF.

Did my oil change at 1200 and diff at 1600. I do my own fluids on all my vehicles. Takes less time than driving to the dealer and I know it will be done right. I don’t trust the high school dropout at the dealer.

There is no need to change the trans or diff fluids. But I would rather buy your car used than from someone else since you obviously will take excellent care of your car.
On the owners manual, it calls for 1,500 first service

Did my oil change at 1200 and diff at 1600. I do my own fluids on all my vehicles. Takes less time than driving to the dealer and I know it will be done right. I don’t trust the high school dropout at the dealer.
That is the way I’ll like to do it but if the car has a malfunction or failures how you argue with them about all services been done?

I keep receipts for everything I do and document them in Fuelly where I track my mileage as well
Perfect. You know anything can go wrong on a mechanical equipment. And want to make sure they don’t hang on that to deny any warranty work

My son usually comes over and hangs out in the garage with me while I work too, so I have a second set of eyes

That is the way I’ll like to do it but if the car has a malfunction or failures how you argue with them about all services been done?

I keep receipts for everything I do and document them in Fuelly where I track my mileage as well
You can also insert your self-performed maintenance items in your GM website account for the car. I've put mine in there.

You can also insert your self-performed maintenance items in your GM website account for the car. I've put mine in there.
Perfect, if you don’t ask you do t get!! Thank you. I’ll look into it and ask if I need to .

I did my own oil change at 1400 miles just because I got into the habit of doing that with my BMW M cars.

I personally don't have much faith in the dealership oil changes - those tend to be done by the newbies, or as Mr. Duck put it, the drug-addled high school drop outs who just got promoted from wash boy after 35 years of dedicated service. Yeah, I elaborated slightly. The issue for me is that they see so few CT5-V BW, they are likely to not know about the special oil, or the quantity required. And if I do it myself, I get to check out the bottom of the car and see if anything is going on. And I know that the filter and drain plug won't get over-tightened.

As for track prep, I second the suggestion that you want to do a brake fluid flush right before the event. High temp fluid is a plus, but getting fresh stuff in there is the most important.

If you continue to track the car, then a differential oil service would help prolong the life of that expensive item. I don't think one is necessary before the event.

The issue for me is that they see so few CT5-V BW, they are likely to not know about the special oil, or the quantity required.
This exactly! I worry about this anytime I go to a dealer. Also why I thought about going to a Chevy dealer who knows Corvettes.

I did my own oil change at 1400 miles just because I got into the habit of doing that with my BMW M cars.

I personally don't have much faith in the dealership oil changes - those tend to be done by the newbies, or as Mr. Duck put it, the drug-addled high school drop outs who just got promoted from wash boy after 35 years of dedicated service. Yeah, I elaborated slightly. The issue for me is that they see so few CT5-V BW, they are likely to not know about the special oil, or the quantity required. And if I do it myself, I get to check out the bottom of the car and see if anything is going on. And I know that the filter and drain plug won't get over-tightened.

As for track prep, I second the suggestion that you want to do a brake fluid flush right before the event. High temp fluid is a plus, but getting fresh stuff in there is the most important.

If you continue to track the car, then a differential oil service would help prolong the life of that expensive item. I don't think one is necessary before the event.
My dealer checked to see if my 4 Blackwing needed the special oil that the 5 requires and GM didn't require it. Also, there wasn't a mess and the oil was at the right level. I am satisfied with my dealer. I have other dealers with other cars that have done a really poor job on oil changes. One overfilled my oil by 2 quarts. Another had to take 3 attempts in order to put the right amount of oil in the car. A trained monkey can do an oil change.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back