Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

1,500 miles service

Only if you are tracking the car.
I don’t track anymore, but after seeing how bad the break in diff oil looked from my previous ZL1s, I did it anyway. Car was already up in the air for the oil change, so it’s easy and relatively cheap to do at the same time.

Not all mechanics that change oil are incompetent. For instance, all Porsche techs are rotated and are trained to work on all parts of the vehicle. But we’re not talking about Porsche here.

I have certainly had terrible experiences with my local Caddy dealer in Thousand Oaks so I’ll stay clear of them. It just isn’t feasible to have Cadillac structured like that when they’re working on a $40k XT4 but that keeps the price down for the masses.

Dealer service is a mixed bag. We generally only hear about the bad ones here, but I remained convinced that most dealer service departments do a fine job.

I do all my own maintenance and replaced the engine oil at around 600 and rear diff at 1500 miles. For track time you'll want to add a brake fluid exchange to the list and use something like Motul RBF600 or Castrol SRF.
What about brakes pads. I daily my car and track it around 3-4 times a year. Should I replace brakes for track days or what’s a good pads for both if any? Tomorrow dealers is doing the Freddie first oil change. Know the I know about the diff I’ll ask to get it done as well as the brake fluid. For the pads in waiting for ideas . The big day is Feb 9th so far I got the alignment covered, brake fluid, oil changed and diff. Working on brake pads . Thanks everyone for all the good info. I’ll keep posting progress

I think the OEM pads will work great, no need to change. Just monitor the pad thickness, the track day rate of wear is not insignificant.

I think the OEM pads will work great, no need to change. Just monitor the pad thickness, the track day rate of wear is not insignificant.
FWIW, the last track day I did they required the pad life to be "50% or more" and that's it.

If you are doing a lot of track days, you may want to upgrade to some pads that are suitable for street and track. I'm about to buy some Hawk DTC-60 for my Corvette... I've used them before on a non-GM product and they seem to be a good compromise.

Of course, your supplier/compound choices may be limited on the CT4, I don't know how much demand is out there. Don't forget to bleed the system often.

If you are doing a lot of track days, you may want to upgrade to some pads that are suitable for street and track. I'm about to buy some Hawk DTC-60 for my Corvette... I've used them before on a non-GM product and they seem to be a good compromise.

Of course, your supplier/compound choices may be limited on the CT4, I don't know how much demand is out there. Don't forget to bleed the system often.
Thank you, I like DTCs . I use the in the race car 60s front and 30s rear

Thank you, I like DTCs . I use the in the race car 60s front and 30s rear
Also replaced the brake fluid yesterday at the 1,500 mile service. Gave the my out brake fluid . So I guess is monitor the pads. First time might be this Friday for an open track

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back