Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Quality Dealer Service

sroth004

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
All,

Sorry if there is a thread on this, searched but did not find one...I recently purchased a '23 4BW from outside my area and am looking for recommendations on dealer service in the South Central PA region (Harrisburg/Lancaster/York), has anyone had positive or negative service experiences with dealers in the extended area or have specific recommendations? Northern MD potentially ok as well.

Thanks

Steve

Dealer service is a hit or miss... I live in the mainline, and the closest to me is Hill Cadilac at Newtown Square. I have not yet serviced mine as I only have 800 miles on it. Plan to do an oil change and differential at 1,500 miles.

When this time comes I'll make sure i speak with the service representative and clearly state what the car needs (type of oil and filter) and also what I do not want to see (overfill, making a mess, scratch wheels, etc.). Also inspect the car before giving them my keys and take photos of everything. It's probably an overkill, but I've seen (and read on the forum) sometimes weird things happening during regular maintenence.

Except for an airbag recall we did on our BMW last year I haven't done any kind of dealer service in at least 10 years. Caddy has recently passed 1,500 miles and I'm contemplating a service call soon but I do so with some trepidation.

When I took the BMW in I had them "fix" a leaky oil gasket (that they previously "fixed' years ago....and didn't) and replace coolant power steering and brake fluids etc....well they messed up the coolant (left air bubbles at the very least)...and the oil is draining at the same rate as before (just like when they did it before)...needless to say I'm not impressed with dealer servicing....even at a supposedly top tier place like BMW. And I've had problems with them before on other things early on. Needless to say I'm not looking forward to dealer service with the Caddy...

Thanks Gents, am doing my homework in the event I need warranty-related service, though I also hope one could do fluid changes with some degree of assurance.

565565: I chose my word carefully and actually laughed at your response.

Thanks Gents, am doing my homework in the event I need warranty-related service, though I also hope one could do fluid changes with some degree of assurance.

565565: I chose my word carefully and actually laughed at your response.
Someone please correct me here but I think if you decide to do the fluid changes yourself you need to keep documentation as to what oil you chose and when you did it. I’ve read comments from others here that you run the risk of voiding your warranty if you choose the wrong stuff.

@coffee_time documentation is a must if you're considering changing your oil yourself.

However, be aware that if you later need engine repairs or a replacement under warranty, the dealer or GM may scrutinize your self-service. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to question self-maintenance when assessing warranty claims, potentially attributing engine issues to owner servicing.

I haven't personally had to navigate warranty claims after self-servicing, so this is purely a speculative scenario, albeit a plausible one.

Interested to hear from others who have taken the DIY route for oil changes. How did your experience with any subsequent engine-related warranty claims go?

Last edited:
If you are in the Indianapolis area, can not recommend Lockhart Cadillac more. They know how to take care of a Blackwing.

Except for an airbag recall we did on our BMW last year I haven't done any kind of dealer service in at least 10 years. Caddy has recently passed 1,500 miles and I'm contemplating a service call soon but I do so with some trepidation.

When I took the BMW in I had them "fix" a leaky oil gasket (that they previously "fixed' years ago....and didn't) and replace coolant power steering and brake fluids etc....well they messed up the coolant (left air bubbles at the very least)...and the oil is draining at the same rate as before (just like when they did it before)...needless to say I'm not impressed with dealer servicing....even at a supposedly top tier place like BMW. And I've had problems with them before on other things early on. Needless to say I'm not looking forward to dealer service with the Caddy...
One of the BMW dealers in our area overfilled my 540 by 2 quarts and that car had a dipstick. I guess the dipstick didn't check the dipstick.

Just took my 4V BW in to the dealer for the free service. I did the original oil change just shy of 1500 miles and now have 7k. They shorted it by what looks like 3/4 of a quart. 🙄 Not the end of the world, but it is the norm now to have things done wrong instead of done right. Frustrating too say the least. At least it isn’t leaking yet.

Was fun watching on the PDR young kids talk about what they’d rather have than the 4V BW because it doesn’t have enough HP/isn't fast enough. Especially the obviously extremely wealthy obese young man with a vast car collection I’m sure, mindlessly swing a wrench around while being very close to my hood/front of my car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back