Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Potential Used CT4-V Blackwing Buyer - Things to Look for?

Benneyb

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a used 2022 BW with about 6700 miles. Its a manual trans model. I thought I would ask the experts here if there are any things in particular I should look out for?

One thing I'm wondering about is possible overrevs, from a missed shift. This was a potential issue with manual trans Porsche Cayman/Boxster models. This could be found with a DME report done via an inspection. Is there a similar risk/issue with manual trans Blackwings?

Thanks in advance.

There is no DME report for the 4BW. There was a wiring harness fix recall for some VINs. Make sure that was done. Otherwise mostly trouble free car.

There were a couple other inquiries recently about pulling over rev info but I haven't seen anything definitive on how to retrieve that info. I have to imagine that it would be stored on the ECU. Probably over thinking it, but I have heard other GM vehicles and brands having warranties denied due to over rev, so might be worth digging into (ie you get remainder of warranty, could GM deny based on prior owner event). If it's thru a Cadillac dealer maybe their service department could help check ECU info and providing something in writing if you were worried. Or if it's some variation of 'certified pre owned' you should be good there either way

Otherwise there was a long thread 'safety risk' about some electrical issues folks had experienced. Looked like it was tied to something being plugged into an OBD port. It wasn't clear to me that the issue was fully resolved even after unplugging from the port though. Hopefully a Carfax type report would show any history of being in for multiple/extended services

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back