Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Does your BW go fully into every gear when the engine is off?

You guys are funny.

Actually, the entire reason I went out for drinks with him was to discuss my proposal for a big promotion (for me). So, wish me luck.

Or not. Sometimes, you gotta be careful what you wish for.
A few months back I made my case to my boss for a promotion. I did it in his office and my stick didn’t come into play. There’s only so much I’d do for a promotion.

Last edited:
Every manual I've ever had could go into each gear parked, with the engine off. It would go in just as easily as if the engine was running.

Yes, I've sat in the garage or the driveway a time or two, held the clutch down and shifted into every gate, rowing 1 through 6 and reverse, I'm weird, apparently but every car from a Corvette, Camaro, Blackwing, Integra, 911 etc had zero issues going into any gear with the engine off.

After all you park your manuals in gear don't you?

I always park in 1st before the engine is shutoff. After that it will shift back to N and 1st again without any issue. I’ve driven quite a few years in MT cars and never attempted to row the gears with the engine off. Maybe I’m an anomaly but I doubt that.

Every manual I've ever had could go into each gear parked, with the engine off. It would go in just as easily as if the engine was running.

Yes, I've sat in the garage or the driveway a time or two, held the clutch down and shifted into every gate, rowing 1 through 6 and reverse, I'm weird, apparently but every car from a Corvette, Camaro, Blackwing, Integra, 911 etc had zero issues going into any gear with the engine off.

How do you get yours into reverse with the car off?

How do you get yours into reverse with the car off?
The same way I put it into first? The cars off so there's no lockout

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners