Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The Blackwing Spotting Thread

I live along the shore in south Jersey and drive the Parkway up and down to Elizabeth once a week. I have never seen another 5 BW...and only one 4 BW. My neighbor has a 23' collector edition but its been in his garage since new. Guess he thinks it will be another Buick GNX.

Joe
Which shore?

When aimlessly cruising around Friday afternoon, I saw either a 5V or 5BW heading eastbound on Rt. 16 in Reynoldburg. Then later, I was traveling eastbound Rt. 161 between Mink St. and Rt. 310, when what appeared to be a gorgeous black 4BW pass me. My son said in teasing, how embarrassing to be passed by a 4BW. :ROFLMAO: I said I already had the cruise control set 10 mph over the speed limit.

Anyone from Central Ohio :unsure:

Last edited:
ahhhhh yes! The coveted GNX! It still holds up against father time love that car!
Forget the GNX! I just wish I had kept my Grand National! They're worth some serious coin these days as well
20231119_155230.jpg

Love the Grand Nationals. My neighbor owns one. He gets awards everywhere he goes.

20230701_152110.jpg 20230701_152050.jpg
20230701_152231.jpg

Forget the GNX! I just wish I had kept my Grand National! They're worth some serious coin these days as wellView attachment 25044

Love the Grand Nationals. My neighbor owns one. He gets awards everywhere he goes.

View attachment 25052 View attachment 25053
View attachment 25054
Never did sell mine which I purchased new. Original paint and still riding on the original brakes with only 25K on the clock. Only recent picture I have is on my lift. It will survive me for certain .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240401_175314_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240401_175314_Gallery.jpg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220807_112938.jpg
    20220807_112938.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 44
Never did sell mine which I purchased new. Original paint and still riding on the original brakes with only 25K on the clock. Only recent picture I have is on my lift. It will survive me for certain .
Oh shit! You taking offers?

Closest I ever came to getting my GNX? This is my GNX....but it's not square and I love square!

Attachments

• IMG_3383003.jpg
    IMG_3383003.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 33
After 16 months of ownership finally spotted some Blackwings - two days apart and both parked:
3/30 UNH Accepted Student Day Durham, NH - Black Raven 4BW with NH plates
4/1 Medway High School Medway, MA - Argent Silver 5BW with MA plates

That's about what I had on mine when I sold it in 97. I sold it for a down payment on my first house so at least I had a good reason for letting that one go. Congrats on keeping that sweet ride! You have to keep it forever now!! 😂

After 16 months of ownership finally spotted some Blackwings - two days apart and both parked:
3/30 UNH Accepted Student Day Durham, NH - Black Raven 4BW with NH plates
4/1 Medway High School Medway, MA - Argent Silver 5BW with MA plates

Apparently the BW is the choice of high school students through out the northeast!

Still no BW spotted but I did see a CT5 last week, driving home. Even those are rather rare. Wasn't sure (still not) if it was a "V" or not, driven by some old lady (says the old man) and I'll bet when I passed her, she thought, "hey, there goes a car like mine, except he must have a hole in his muffler, kind of loud...".

Oh shit! You taking offers?
I am fortunate enough to have the space and the memories are worth more than the money...so no. Oddly both the GN and the BW are cars most folks on the road know nothing about so, in general, they don't get noticed much. I , on the other hand, never see any others on the road and that's the way I like it.

Joe

I am fortunate enough to have the space and the memories are worth more than the money...so no. Oddly both the GN and the BW are cars most folks on the road know nothing about so, in general, they don't get noticed much. I , on the other hand, never see any others on the road and that's the way I like it.

Joe
Exactly, my take too! Which is what made it even more special of a car to me when I put her in a Large Cars & Coffee event...nobody even looked at it not even once? I was like yup, I am keeping this CT5BW forever! I really like that car you got it's one of those cars. I get it....

Joe
You want to talk about a bad ass car that people don't take any notice of...
20240325_100158.jpg
20240325_100142.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop