Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

Its rare that I prefer and auto over MT even in dense bumper to bumper traffic. I can control the car easier with the clutch than always having to stab the brakes to stop rolling forward. There have only been a few times with hour + backups where I started tiring of MT and wishing for an auto.
I know a lot of people hate on MT citing traffic, but I've driven in traffic for years with a MT and it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm like you, it's simple just to sit in neutral and ease into gear for a little forward progress. It's more footwork, but so is driving a stick in general.

Couldn't help but to immediately notice the rainbow flag in the background. Right there in your face. Really no need for that. Not getting "political" here- just a commentary on the first thing you see when you hit the link.
A flag is nothing more than a piece of cloth. It has no meaning until a human being gives it meaning.

I don't care what your race, creed, nationality, or sexual preference is. If you want to wave a rainbow flag or a flag of a unicorn shitting glitter, go for it. Just don't force your beliefs down my throat, and we're good.

Last edited:
I should stay out of this at the risk of getting misinterpreted and cancelled. I believe in the live and let live philosophy. But certain demographics are being used, sometimes without their consent, by other people that have nothing in common with them for their own personal gain. That I think is despicable and in the end only sows division and misunderstanding.

Couldn't help but to immediately notice the rainbow flag in the background. Right there in your face. Really no need for that. Not getting "political" here- just a commentary on the first thing you see when you hit the link.
In response to this comment about the rainbow flag that was centered in the background of the 4BW article:

Yes, I did notice the American flag to the left of it, which is fitting and appropriate for an American made car. No, having there did not "offset" the centered rainbow flag for me, because the USA flag is enough on it's own- it represents all of us and all of our freedoms.

They could have photographed the car anywhere and they deliberately chose that specific spot. That's what I was getting at. My post was more of a statement about the media we are constantly sold, even in car culture.

Really didn't mean to "trigger" or offend anyone by bringing up the carefully positioned flag in an article about Blackwings. Also not trying to turn anything into a debate. I'll leave it at that & say no more.

In response to this comment about the rainbow flag that was centered in the background of the 4BW article:

Yes, I did notice the American flag to the left of it, which is fitting and appropriate for an American made car. No, having there did not "offset" the centered rainbow flag for me, because the USA flag is enough on it's own- it represents all of us and all of our freedoms.

They could have photographed the car anywhere and they deliberately chose that specific spot. That's what I was getting at. My post was more of a statement about the media we are constantly sold, even in car culture.

Really didn't mean to "trigger" or offend anyone by bringing up the carefully positioned flag in an article about Blackwings. Also not trying to turn anything into a debate. I'll leave it at that & say no more.
Maybe you come from a place where a rainbow flag is not a common sight.
For a very large percentage of people in North America - like anyone living in a city with over a million people - a rainbow flag is a common sight.
I don’t even notice them, didn’t notice it when I first clicked on this article, and I bet that was the case for most of us here.
I doubt very much that there is anything to this photo beyond a car being photographed in front of a restaurant that happened to have a rainbow flag in front of it.
Respectfully, you are making a meal out of a nothing sandwich.
I am saying all this to be kind and give you the benefit of the doubt in my own effort to move on.

I know a lot of people hate on MT citing traffic, but I've driven in traffic for years with a MT and it doesn't bother me one bit. I'm like you, it's simple just to sit in neutral and ease into gear for a little forward progress. It's more footwork, but so is driving a stick in general.

Try Los Angeles traffic. You'll lose your left foot.

Try Los Angeles traffic. You'll lose your left foot.
I drove manual cars back and forth one hour each way on the 405 and 10 to work for years. I also was up in the East Bay for a few years and drove the 880 to work. That one is far worse than anything I dealt with in LA. Yes, the left leg can get tired. The 5BW has a very easy clutch compared to other vehicles I’ve owned. Happily I ejected from the craziness 11 years ago to a place that suits my needs better and where my leg will never get tired.

Really didn't mean to "trigger" or offend anyone by bringing up the carefully positioned flag in an article about Blackwings.
Let us be clear: You are the delicate little snowflake who is triggered. No one else noticed or was bothered by that or any flag.

I drove manual cars back and forth one hour each way on the 405 and 10 to work for years. I also was up in the East Bay for a few years and drove the 880 to work. That one is far worse than anything I dealt with in LA. Yes, the left leg can get tired. The 5BW has a very easy clutch compared to other vehicles I’ve owned. Happily I ejected from the craziness 11 years ago to a place that suits my needs better and where my leg will never get tired.
I used to drive an hour + each way commuting in LA back in the 1980s....always with a MT...never bothered me. Of course i usually avoided the freeways when I could...even going across town. 405 was always a pain and I avoided it even when commuting to El Segundo from Hollywood. I could make better time on surface streets. Of course once a motorcycle cop stopped me for doing 75 on La Cienega. He asked if I was in a hurry for some reason....I said no - just driving home from work. When I showed him my ID he told me to just try to drive a bit slower and thanked me for my service...and just let me go.

Another time - same street - but up near Beverly Hills I had made a high speed U-turn (at 45 mph) after missing my turn....unfortunately it was right in front of these cops. After pulling me over and reading me the riot act of multiple potential charges the cops started laughing and said they'd never seen anything like what I did in a car and asked me how I did it and why I wasn't driving a Porsche (instead of my Toyota Starlet hatchback). Then they suggested that I should consider becoming a cop as they needed folks who could drive like me...and they too let me go.

Maybe you come from a place where a rainbow flag is not a common sight.
For a very large percentage of people in North America - like anyone living in a city with over a million people - a rainbow flag is a common sight.
I don’t even notice them, didn’t notice it when I first clicked on this article, and I bet that was the case for most of us here.
I doubt very much that there is anything to this photo beyond a car being photographed in front of a restaurant that happened to have a rainbow flag in front of it.
Respectfully, you are making a meal out of a nothing sandwich.
I am saying all this to be kind and give you the benefit of the doubt in my own effort to move on.
The bar in the photo is quite famous. It’s Sunny’s bar in red hook Brooklyn. It’s a VERY famous old dive bar. If you go to google it you’ll get the very same angles. If you live in the area it’s an icon. (I lived in the area for a decade)

Ooooookkkkkk..... So back to posting and discussing media dumps....

I take most youtube reviews with a large grain of salt. The reviewers have to stay in the manufacturers' good graces, because they are supplying the test cars. Good characteristics are overly celebrated, but real criticism is restrained.

I take most youtube reviews with a large grain of salt. The reviewers have to stay in the manufacturers' good graces, because they are supplying the test cars. Good characteristics are overly celebrated, but real criticism is restrained.
True...other than reviewers complaining about the cramped rear seats in the CT 4 V.....

It was a good video. Someone had commented that he wished he test drove one before he bought it. I asked him why and this was his response:

“Truth be told I like slow cars you can actually have fun in but I also have a ctsv2 so I figured I'd like the ct4 but I guess not. I would rather have a lighter vehicle that is much less synthetic. It was a mistake for me personally to buy it in the first place really. You can definitely feel all the different programming that went in to make the car feel light but hiding that weight just makes it dangerous and unpredictable. I also always brake very gradually for smooth stops and thats very difficult when you're pushing on a switch. The performance seats also have a weird pressure point on my shoulder after about an hour of driving (I'm not big, just an average dude), along with the usually tight space for how large the car is. Poor optimization of the artificially limited interior storage is quite frustrating as well. The strange hump in the footwell also causes the heel of my shoes to catch on the mats constantly impeding my shift. Like I said, I really shouldn't have even bought it but yes I'm pretty unhappy with it lol.”
I went to reply to him and now both of his comments are gone. Weird. that said, anyone here agree with any of his points? It’s rare to see anyone say much negative about this car.

Clubracer6 - I would say he is honestly expressing his opinions and experience. I personally don't have the same experience with the car but I can accept that this experience is valid for him.

For me most everything about the CT4 V BW is great - it looks sharp (though i prefer the prior ATS V looks) , handles exceptionally, is pretty fast and is very comfortable (for both myself and my wife). I don't think the car is at all dangerous or unpredictable (though haven't had that Spring Mountain experience just yet...but not expecting any big surprises).

OK - the use of space issue is perhaps a valid concern...but obviously there are tradeoffs for various reasons. I'd love if it was a hatchback (rear window section lift with the trunk etc)....my sister has this in her 4 series BMW and its a very useful feature. And for me the car is heavy - a real porker...but aren't they pretty much all these days. But I can live with the car as it is for what it is and its pretty amazing IMO.

The Tropher video review above was very nice.

It was a good video. Someone had commented that he wished he test drove one before he bought it. I asked him why and this was his response:

“Truth be told I like slow cars you can actually have fun in but I also have a ctsv2 so I figured I'd like the ct4 but I guess not. I would rather have a lighter vehicle that is much less synthetic. It was a mistake for me personally to buy it in the first place really. You can definitely feel all the different programming that went in to make the car feel light but hiding that weight just makes it dangerous and unpredictable. I also always brake very gradually for smooth stops and thats very difficult when you're pushing on a switch. The performance seats also have a weird pressure point on my shoulder after about an hour of driving (I'm not big, just an average dude), along with the usually tight space for how large the car is. Poor optimization of the artificially limited interior storage is quite frustrating as well. The strange hump in the footwell also causes the heel of my shoes to catch on the mats constantly impeding my shift. Like I said, I really shouldn't have even bought it but yes I'm pretty unhappy with it lol.”
I went to reply to him and now both of his comments are gone. Weird. that said, anyone here agree with any of his points? It’s rare to see anyone say much negative about this car.
I guess that's this guy's opinion but objectively there is absolutely nothing that is unpredictable or dangerous about either Blackwing. That is borne out in my experience in over 18k miles of street driving, plus two days on the track at Spring Mountain, and all the other expert reviews of both Blackwings on the street and track, including Car and Driver's 40k long-term tests of both. In fact, the unanimous concensus is the exact opposite: this car has some of the most feedback and telephathic handling of any car on the market today.

I do agree with him that I don't like the hump in the footwell, but you learn to accomodate it pretty quickly.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back