Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 5BW CEL, issue identified

CT5-V Model

FISH22

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5V BW Manual
Upon start up leaving work, CEL popped on. Scanned the codes when I got home:

p2b49
p3177
p3184

Car is bone stock, 7k miles, and drives perfectly fine. Nothing is coming up, so I’m assuming these aren’t very common codes? Curious if anyone has seen these before.

Upon start up leaving work, CEL popped on. Scanned the codes when I got home:

p2b49
p3177
p3184

Car is bone stock, 7k miles, and drives perfectly fine. Nothing is coming up, so I’m assuming these aren’t very common codes? Curious if anyone has seen these before.

You can plug them into this site to get an idea what systems they refer to.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 6.42.57 PM.png

Here is what the app shows me. No luck with retrieving a diagnostic report through onstar, latest one is from 1/15. Will likely clear codes and see if they return.

Attachments

• IMG_2864.png
    IMG_2864.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 45
Update for anyone following:

Codes represent a fault in the fuel pump control module. From what the tech explained, it’s the circuit impacting the exhaust valves. Never thought these two systems to work together, but sure enough, I’ve realized that the exhaust will no longer go into touring/quiet mode. I always have it in “my mode” with valves always in sport.

New module on order, hopefully in by next week.
IMG_2895.jpeg

The plot thickens…

Code p0627 is now popping: fuel pump circuit A. Had a notification in the app this morning for a powertrain related fault. Looks like the original problem is extending into other circuits (likely still the control module?). Car continues to drive fine, but not sure how long that’ll last…

Dealer replaced the fuel pump control module yesterday. No joy. They’re on to the next parts in the troubleshooting tree: the actual exhaust valves.

All these new cars and trucks have so many computers and sensors. Having a great dealer is paramount, but sadly most of us don't. We can't all live in Dallas after all!

Dealer replaced the fuel pump control module yesterday. No joy. They’re on to the next parts in the troubleshooting tree: the actual exhaust valves.
And they get insulted when referred to as parts changers rather than mechanics or technicians. 😂

To be fair most technical work in any field is replacement of a module/board. Even in my line of work, troubleshooting is basically a code says replace X, Y and Z so you replace X and if that doesn't work you replace Y and then Z.

The only time you have to put your thinking cap on is if its older tech with less electronics.

Just the way things are built now.

All these new cars and trucks have so many computers and sensors. Having a great dealer is paramount, but sadly most of us don't. We can't all live in Dallas after all!
I’m lucky to have a really good service advisor. He gets the specialty/enthusiast aspect of the BW. Has been able to cram the car into his schedule in a 24 hr notice. Always quick too. I just hope it’s as good back in the service bay….

So after a few weeks of driving around with the CEL on even after having the control module changed, it went away on its own a couple weeks back. Very strange. And sure enough, the moment the light vanished, control of the valves returned.

Knock on wood of course, but it’s been off now for 2 weeks and 500 miles.

Perhaps searching a Camaro ZL1 forum might help finding issues? Same engine....I've had to do that with multiple GM vehicles.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back