Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

I've never driven any 4V BW, but I understand his point about the auto keeping it better in the power band than the manual. That makes sense in theory. In the real world that might be overblown.

But what's funny is no matter his arguments saying the auto is better, he still says he'd pick the manual if he was going to buy it lol:

All that said, if I were in the market for a sub-$75,000 car right now … odds are good I’d still buy a manual CT4-V Blackwing.

Couldn't help but to immediately notice the rainbow flag in the background. Right there in your face. Really no need for that. Not getting "political" here- just a commentary on the first thing you see when you hit the link.

Couldn't help but to immediately notice the rainbow flag in the background. Right there in your face. Really no need for that. Not getting "political" here- just a commentary on the first thing you see when you hit the link.
The one next to the American flag? That doesn’t offset things for you? 🙄

Damn, there are some triggered-ass snowflakes on this forum! Did you see these emojis in the forum software? They're right there "in your face"!! 👪 👬 💑

😘

🤣

Did not notice it until now.

So weird that I have a sudden craving for Skittles though...

Sad Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

... but that's about it🤷‍♂️

No blackwings this year but the ct4 is faster than the m2 and the new nismo. Its slower than the dork horse but that’s on cheater r tires.

The ct5 is faster than a m3 cs.

Man these cars punch much above their class.

Jesus dude. What the fuck.

No blackwings this year but the ct4 is faster than the m2 and the new nismo. Its slower than the dork horse but that’s on cheater r tires.

The ct5 is faster than a m3 cs.

Man these cars punch much above their class.
In one comparison where some of us (including me) were considering, the Audi RS3 was 2 seconds faster than the CT4 BW. I wonder why the difference between the 2022 and 2023 CT4? Just different days, or auto vs. manual? We all know they are the same mechanically.

Last edited:
In one comparison where some of us (including me) were considering, the Audi RS3 was 2 seconds faster than the CT4 BW. I wonder why the difference between the 2022 and 2023 CT4? Just different days, or auto vs. manual? We all know they are the same mechanically.
The RS3 was faster when it was wearing its cheater trofeo R tires(basically slicks/race tires). When using its regular tires it was 6 seconds slower.

The 2022 vs 2023 was they nearly crashed the 2022 and got scared on subsequent laps. The 23 was brought in to correct that. They were (apparently im wrong. )both manuals.

Last edited:
The RS3 was faster when it was wearing its cheater trofeo R tires(basically slicks/race tires). When using its regular tires it was 6 seconds slower.

The 2022 vs 2023 was they nearly crashed the 2022 and got scared on subsequent laps. The 23 was brought in to correct that. They were both manuals.

Uhh no, the CT4 blackwings they tested were both autos.

You can see in the video they didn't even use the paddles and let the car shift itself. Probably faster that way.

The 2022 vs 2023 was they nearly crashed the 2022 and got scared on subsequent laps. The 23 was brought in to correct that. They were both manuals.
In 2022 they DID crash the 4BW, at least went off track and bent the suspension, so weren't able to do faster laps. And both 2022 and 2023 were automatics.

I've never driven any 4V BW, but I understand his point about the auto keeping it better in the power band than the manual. That makes sense in theory. In the real world that might be overblown.

But what's funny is no matter his arguments saying the auto is better, he still says he'd pick the manual if he was going to buy it lol:

All that said, if I were in the market for a sub-$75,000 car right now … odds are good I’d still buy a manual CT4-V Blackwing.
After reading the article this is exactly what I was going to say. MT is more fun and engaging....and for those of us that value these things its better. Of course its subjective and not everyone enjoys or feels the need to shift thorough gears and his point about the 10 speeds in the auto better keeping it in max power band is likely true...still if one want to in the MT one can manage. Besides your not always slamming it...sometimes your just cruising.

Its rare that I prefer and auto over MT even in dense bumper to bumper traffic. I can control the car easier with the clutch than always having to stab the brakes to stop rolling forward. There have only been a few times with hour + backups where I started tiring of MT and wishing for an auto.

I'd love to see a 4 V BW on the ring but doubt we will ever see one. I think it would do quite well....particularly if it had R compound tires of some sort.

I see a one way sign over a dead end sign, which is where this post belongs if it is suggesting that there is something wrong with there being a rainbow flag in the background of a photo of a car.
Not getting political, just concerned about ugliness rearing its head on a website that is supposed to be fun and free of ass-minded hatred.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back