Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5V BW a/c

Slick Blackwings

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing. 2024 CT5V Blackwing
So we’re on a another thousand mile tour well passed break in, starting to run the eyes out of it several times today my wife says hey what’s up with the AC I looked down and it’s off I said I have no clue. This afternoon on the wide-open stretch had some smart ass in the Dodge R/T of some sort thinking he was going to run with me hammer down the next thing I know the AC is off again! It’s just something to do with performance, it’s in touring mode definitely running it right to the red line. Anybody else have this happen?

Did it turn back to A/C automatically after your spirited run? If not, I suspect something isn't right ad I've never seen this and my A/C is on whenever the motor is running.

Did it turn back to A/C automatically after your spirited run? If not, I suspect something isn't right ad I've never seen this and my A/C is on whenever the motor is running.
No, I’ll be dammed to bring to dealer to complain @ Mach speedd a/c turns off go try it!
I’ll deal with wife complaining!

Last edited:
With our searing heat, I would know very quickly if the AC shut off with spirited driving and did not come back on pretty much immediately. I have never experienced this. That would be annoying. I’m interested to hear what the dealer has to say.

Hmmm I gotta to try it. It turns off over 100 at any throttle or turns off over 100 only at a WOT?

Also what are the ambient temps?

hammering on it wide-open throttle, 90° out
Have you checked the manual for any info on this? I get what you're saying regarding the dealer inspection, LMAO !

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back