Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Enter Sandman

The Sandman

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V BW
Greetings fellow Cadillac V and Blackwing enthusiasts šŸ˜ƒ

I like to wait until a few weeks have passed and I have some posts under my belt before posting an intro thread... just to make sure Iā€™m worthy of the group and vice versa.

Iā€˜m a long time GM specialty and performance guy, especially vehicles that are limited production, off the beaten path, and/or unappreciated by most people. Iā€™ve had a GMC Syclone and Typhoon and a Cadillac XLR among other things. I got away from General Motors after the bankruptcy and restructuring, but couldnā€™t resist looking at a new Blackwing.

Iā€™m also an experienced forumer - back in the day I was one of the Administrators on Sal Collazianoā€™s Cadillac Forums. After that I started the Admin Zoneā€¦ a forum for forum owners and administrators, which I sold after owning it for over 15 years. Canā€™t beat a good forum for sharing detailed information!

I decided on a whim one day a couple of months ago to look into purchasing a BW. Wife walked in on me ogling a Blaze Orange CT4-V Blackwing online and she loved the lookā€¦ told me to go get one. Who am I to argue? But not so easy to find?

I looked up the inventory at my local Caddy dealer and they had one in that color incoming in a ā€œcouple of weeksā€. There was also mention of a significant Dealer markup. šŸ„“ I called them to discuss but they would only say it was negotiable so come in and see us.

I told the missus I didnā€™t think it was gonna happen.

The next day I got out of work early. Caddy dealer is only 10 minutes away so what the heckā€¦ let me see what kind of deal I might expect. Car is at least 2 weeks out but at least I can maybe see the Blaze Orange on another vehicle.

I pulled onto the lot and parked. Was walking towards the showroom when I saw a flash of Orangeā€¦ could it be Blaze Orange? Yes it was! And it was a CT4-V BW that did not appear in the online inventory. Walked into the showroom and asked a salesman about the incoming car. He told me ā€œYeah, itā€™s coming but thereā€™s one on the lot that just showed up todayā€¦ never been driven, 9 miles on odometerā€¦ hereā€™s the keys.

The incoming one was better equipped but the one on the lot was cheaper. I decided I could live without the upgraded seats and data logger. Negotiated with the salesmanā€¦ got the dealer markup down below $5,000 plus they threw in extended warranty, service plus for 6 years, and the dealer installed black side view mirrors. Overall I didnā€™t feel too badly violated in the deal.

Drove the car home that afternoon without notifying the wife. Wellā€¦ wasnā€™t she surprised šŸ¤­

Last edited:
Greetings fellow Cadillac V and Blackwing enthusiasts šŸ˜ƒ

I like to wait until a few weeks have passed and I have some posts under my belt before posting an intro thread... just to make sure Iā€™m worthy of the group and vice versa.

Excellent entry into the forum.

Believe me, we've seen it done the wrong way. Both where someone struck the wrong tone (my opinion) AND where we might have been a little harsh. Here's one example, this thread from this post down. :)

Summary:

New member: Bought a 5BW, surprised it can get a little squirrelly when I get on the gas.

Forum: WAI (working as intended). It's a RWD car with 668 hp. Maybe don't just stab the throttle. Plus, we *like* that, that's why we bought this car!

New member: But my AWD SUV.... I guess I didn't research it enough.

Forum: "Good point. RWD is stupid." [showing pictures of a Ferrari, a McLaren, & various race cars--RWD all]

Me: "So ... let's fast forward here a little bit. When are you selling? How much are you asking??" (Never got an answer to that. I truly was curious if he ended up keeping it as it didn't seem to be a good fit.)

To be fair, that wasn't his first post. And he did kick off an interesting discussion here:

Nevertheless, I don't recall hearing from him since.

Few things compare with the way a powerful RWD car feels going around a turn at speed when piloted by a skillful driver. FWD and AWD just plow. I guess you get used to it but itā€™s not at all sexy.

For anyone following the saga of my 22 5BW engine failure. The driver bringing it to me today, noticed that the AC was not making cold air. Delivery was aborted. A return to Sewell maintenance revealed a broken compressor drive belt. The adventure continues.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back