Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Taking pictures of your car

obeykube

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
This is going to sound stupid....but has anyone found good angles for the CT4V Blackwing? I feel like every picture I take doesn't do the car justice. I've been told multiple times when someone sees my car for the first time that it looks completely different (and better) than the photos I sent. I can't seem to find this car's glamour shot. And honestly looking over the forums, I know 99% of these cars look better in person. I think its the angles of the hood/sides/front that is hard to capture.

Just keep trying. Most cars seem to photograph best from the front quarter, I think. Height may help too, squat down a bit as I did with this one.
Smaller DSC_6208.jpg

Depends, there are many aspects to photography and the message that the photograph is trying to convey, not only about the car. Photography is really about expression and creating a mood or feeling. I photo of a car at a race track is going to elicit a different feeling than one in a forest with pine trees.

In this one, the background plays a big part (Would have preferred the other car was not there). Also, notice the sun reflecting off the paint to produce different hues of the paint. When I was younger I did a lot of nature film photography. It may take 100 photographs to get one that is truly stunning. And it gets expensive burning through film and developing. You learn to be meticulous to minimize cost. These days I still do some with a Leica digital camera. Photo below was with my cell phone, which I don't consider a good camera.

IMG-4956.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t worry about it. These cars aren’t going to win any styling awards. It’s all about the performance!

Don’t worry about it. These cars aren’t going to win any styling awards. It’s all about the performance!
And most people are horrible photographers as well, so might as well give up. Usually makes the car look far worse than it really is.

getting close to the ground helps a lot for a stationary vehicle

when someone is hauling ass I like to get a bit higher up and capture the fly by. NJMP has a great spot up in the timing tower on the straight for this (thunderbolt)

Attachments

• IMG_3722.jpg
    IMG_3722.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I am absolutely not a photographer but my favorite pictures are usually ones that minimize the side profile of the car. If I can, I try to shoot in soft light like 'Golden Hour' and if I'm using an iPhone camera, zooming in to 2x to take the picture does wonders too. Finally if the wheels are turned, turn them so the outside of the wheel faces the camera.

IMG_7962_jpg.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

Last edited:
I have posted my thoughts in the past. The Blackwings look like a Honda Accord. Everything about it is under the hood and in the interior, that you can't see . They could have done a better job on hood design. Yeah, I know , they were going for aerodynamics.

I have posted my thoughts in the past. The Blackwings look like a Honda Accord. Everything about it is under the hood and in the interior, that you can't see . They could have done a better job on hood design. Yeah, I know , they were going for aerodynamics.
I think both Blackwings look great. Are they the absolute sexiest Oh my god beautiful cars - maybe not...but still not bad IMO - though I get your point - they are similar in many ways to a lot of cars out there. I do still really like the looks of the ATS-V a bit better (more aggressive looking) . But in general I rather like the looks of these Caddys and their predecessors. They have a Cadillac family (angular) style that is immediately recognizable and rather stylish IMO

Even Accords and Camrys look pretty decent these days.

I never had one person stop to tell me how much they love my Honda Accord. I've owned my Blackwing for less than three weeks and have had I'm sure over 20 people stop me or talk to me in parking lots and gas stations about how much they love it, and that's based on looks alone. Just saying :)

I always have people commenting about ......"is that one of those fast Cadillacs?" They aren't really sure. Only us Cadillac BW fanatics know the differences between a CT5, CT5-V and the CT5-V BW. They only love them for the performance capabilities, the styling was secondary. Its kinda like all the different models of Challengers. You have the cheaper SXT (6 cyl) all the way up to the 170 Demons. They all basically look alike. Its the performance that drives the price and desire to own one.

I always have people commenting about ......"is that one of those fast Cadillacs?" They aren't really sure. Only us Cadillac BW fanatics know the differences between a CT5, CT5-V and the CT5-V BW. They only love them for the performance capabilities, the styling was secondary. Its kinda like all the different models of Challengers. You have the cheaper SXT (6 cyl) all the way up to the 170 Demons. They all basically look alike. Its the performance that drives the price and desire to own one.
I think 95%+ of the cars sold today on the road are not going to get compliments about how great they look. Now a candy red metallic 68 Chevelle, hell yeah, or some of the exotics not commonly seen everyday. Although a couple weeks back a Cayman driver said he thought my car looked great. He especially liked my CF splitter.

I get a lot of compliments on my modded Jeep that usually go “nice Jeep.” I’m pretty sure they’re not talking about the looks, but rather the capability. Because let’s face it, Jeeps are ugly. Or maybe they’re actually complimenting me because they know how much work it took to get it to that shape and it was done in a professional way.

Last edited:
3/4 view is usually the money shot. Ever notice on the freeway how good cars look from the back, one lane over? The seated position perspective is partly why, so get down low, but not too close. Avoid bright mid-day lighting.

I get a lot of compliments on my modded Jeep that usually go “nice Jeep.” I’m pretty sure they’re not talking about the looks,

No, they're hitting on you.

LOL

I used to get a lot of compliments on my SS, but I always thought it was rather plain and boring, myself. I bought it for the driving dynamics.

The cars from yesteryear had style. The cars today...many of them all look the same . BMW, Audi, Honda, Toyota. From a distance (sideview), you can't tell what they are. Camaro, Mustang, Challenger and Porsche you can tell a mile away.
Here is my 1967 Cadillac that can't be mistaken from any angle !

Attachments

• 20230124_162639.jpg
    20230124_162639.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
The cars from yesteryear had style. The cars today...many of them all look the same . BMW, Audi, Honda, Toyota. From a distance (sideview), you can't tell what they are. Camaro, Mustang, Challenger and Porsche you can tell a mile away.
Here is my 1967 Cadillac that can't be mistaken from any angle !
Gorgeous....I mean the garage...so pristine...;)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back