Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA: Setting Expectations - Condition of your paint may disappoint you, but a paint correction/ceramic coat and a good detailer will fix your problem.

Would it not at least ensure a timely delivery? That alone would save the car from "the destruction that happens prior" while sitting on the lot at the plant for 6 months, that many of our cars experienced.
Maybe?

All I know is I had a huge scratch on my rear bumper UNDER the protective wrapper (that was somehow undamaged and didn't have an indention in it). My wife's car had a 8" circle on the top of her roof where someone sanded down a paint nub and didn't bother to polish it.

Last edited:
I honestly don't even know if I want to revive this thread lol, but here goes nothing, now that we are in 2024, has anyone seen improvement? I did detailing as a side buissness and my CT4 will be the most expensive vehicle I have ever bought. My expectations are tempered, and I plan to do the works, (paint correction/ceramic coat/PPF) but just curious if there has been any improvements or recent feedback here in 2024. Thanks.

I honestly don't even know if I want to revive this thread lol, but here goes nothing, now that we are in 2024, has anyone seen improvement? I did detailing as a side buissness and my CT4 will be the most expensive vehicle I have ever bought. My expectations are tempered, and I plan to do the works, (paint correction/ceramic coat/PPF) but just curious if there has been any improvements or recent feedback here in 2024. Thanks.
I had my 23 CT4V BW done by my detailer last summer when I got it, (Argent Silver) PPF/ceramic and he said it was actually pretty good. My previous black ZL1 was horrible from the factory and he had to do a lot of paint correction. He just recently did my Carbon Flash Metallic Z06 and said it wasn’t as bad as the ZL1, but worse than the 4V BW. So, it’s still kind of all over the place it sounds like.

I have zero issues with the paint on my ‘24 5BW. In fact it gets compliments all the time. The color attracts a lot of attention and I’ve had multiple people comment at how the actual paint is great. I had some swirl marks when I picked up the car but that is the dealerships fault. Super easy to get rid of (or cover in ppf like I did and you’ll never see them again).

I have zero issues with the paint on my ‘24 5BW. In fact it gets compliments all the time. The color attracts a lot of attention and I’ve had multiple people comment at how the actual paint is great. I had some swirl marks when I picked up the car but that is the dealerships fault. Super easy to get rid of (or cover in ppf like I did and you’ll never see them again).

great to hear... the production paint issues that were discussed were corrected a good while ago... Thank you GM!

My 24 4BW had holes in the roof sealant on the driver side, clear coat drips on wheel arch and scratches all over the hood, Cadillac lacks a good paint job wish I bought the yellow but I was impatient !

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back