Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

The difference is this moron can laugh at my mistakes as opposed to a stupid ass that thinks he knows everything
Even an arrogant prick like myself, if intelligent, will gladly admit when they're wrong.
Prove me wrong, and I will humbly and publicly admit it.

You obviously didn't read, or comprehend, where I posted I was happy with the 5BW's original invoice, and that I paid exactly what I said a new SS Sedan was worth.
Your point is MOOT since you can't get one for that price anymore. So you are still pining for something less than what it actually sells for...

PSA that we have the ability to put posters on an ignore list.

This guy is a troll. Trolls don't ruin forums; people responding to trolls do.
The power of ignore...

It cut about half this thread posts and changed the thread from this:
Screenshot 2023-06-27 160716.jpg

....to this:

Screenshot 2023-06-27 160157.jpg

See you in Millville 😂
Excellent.
It's funny how there never seems to be any arguments or attitudes when forum members meet in person at events, myself included. As proven over many years, on many forums.

You are bringing up a lot of very good points and I have learned something today. I was at a meet and greet where Tony Roma & Brandon Vivian was speaking about the Blackwings 2 years ago and both talked about cost and how much work they put into the BW's to get them produced... Tony also took a question about bringing back a wagon and he stated that the cost of the project would not be profitable.... I would say you are right about GM looking at the bottom line cost of bringing something to the market.
Yep. While BV has been in my studio and working with my team members, I haven't worked with him directly. Only heard good things.

Remember, this isn't just a GM thing, worried about the bottom line. We were making $250k Destinos(V8 Fiskers) and Lutz was telling me why it was ok to use FAKE carbon fiber in the interior. I was like dude, carbon is real in a $50k Audi S3, this isn't acceptable.

Last edited:
Then explain GM's publicly announced BILLION DOLLAR PLUS investment and production tooling for their next generation V8, Mr Expert?
One word...

TRUCKS

The joke in design, trucks pay the bills.

I'm Mr Expert yet you are going around telling everyone you've been right for 20yrs.

I'm just stating factual day to day insight of making cars while not revealing anything current/specific that hasn't been revealed.

You are bringing up a lot of very good points and I have learned something today. I was at a meet and greet where Tony Roma & Brandon Vivian was speaking about the Blackwings 2 years ago and both talked about cost and how much work they put into the BW's to get them produced... Tony also took a question about bringing back a wagon and he stated that the cost of the project would not be profitable.... I would say you are right about GM looking at the bottom line cost of bringing something to the market.

Cool Post, Captain Obvious.

One word...

TRUCKS

The joke in design, trucks pay the bills.

I'm Mr Expert yet you are going around telling everyone you've been right for 20yrs.

I'm just stating factual day to day insight of making cars while not revealing anything current/specific that hasn't been revealed.

And since the trucks obviously justify the retention of V8s as proven by this BILLION DOLLAR investment, then the ability to continue to share the V8s with Corvette and performance cars disproves the EV BS, and refutes your post that attempted to refute my post stating the obvious:
The 4BW should have had a LTx.

Your point is MOOT since you can't get one for that price anymore. So you are still pining for something less than what it actually sells for...

I MAY be willing to take that bet.
We will see.
Won't be the first time I bough a new car at a price an entire forum mocked me for suggesting.

I'm not buying any of the BS you posted regarding the 4BW's failure to have a LTx, because the bulk of the LTx and TR6060 development costs have already been paid.
The drivetrain is only part of the development cost, you know that, read what you wrote out loud.

The second an LTx goes in, it has to be validated, tested, crash tested, EPA tested etc. The 4 is largely an ATS which had the LF4 to begin with. The second you put in an engine in the 4 that had previously never been in Alpha2, it's not free. It's added development cost in a tightly funded program. Add to that any adjustments in the rails, firewall, unibody stampings under hood, subframe, any of that to make the LTx fit and you're talking big money.

If you knew the definition, it would have been a logical and reasonable response to you.
Well, you see, there are various ways to quantify success in terms of selling a car. One might say total units sold, to which someone might reply "so this special edition car that they only made a few of*" was therefore a sales flop, and then everyone would laugh at that definition's failure to capture the situation. Someone might say total units sold wasn't the purpose, the manufacturer just wanted to build a halo car**. Surely thinking that your unstated method is the only real measure of success is some crazy level of hubris befitting your presence on the Internet, because otherwise it should be easy to answer a basic question like a reasonable person would do.

* E.g., Garage 56 edition of the Camaro ZL1 might become such an example.
** I imagine this is how the Escalade V came to be.

I have already stated, MANY TIMES, that the 5BW original invoice price made sense with the LT4 and TR6060.
How is this a GM thing?

From '20-23 a variety of OEMs raised prices for a variety of reasons largely related to transportation costs and materials.

The Ford Lightning, BMW M cars, you name it, all had price increases throughout '20-23.

If GM can ask more and sell them at that price, why wouldn't they? Meanwhile GM watched dealers marking up these cars and people were still buying.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back