Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

anyone out there might know when the rear diffuser will be available to order? for the last 2 months every CF piece is available to order except the rear diffuser. :(:confused:

Might be a different manufacturer

Yeah I thought the rumor was the original carbon fiber supplier went belly up and that is one of the reasons for the constraints, hopefully GM found a better supplier.

May be. I have an early Mar 22 build date car that somehow had both CF packages and was a car ordered by the dealer for stock. So I won the lottery somehow on getting the CF. BTW, I already am looking at a new front splitter as they are so low. Our cars could use the front end raise option that the Corvettes get. I already am getting some scraping on the middle and the two sides where the splitter bends down a bit.

May be. I have an early Mar 22 build date car that somehow had both CF packages and was a car ordered by the dealer for stock. So I won the lottery somehow on getting the CF. BTW, I already am looking at a new front splitter as they are so low. Our cars could use the front end raise option that the Corvettes get. I already am getting some scraping on the middle and the two sides where the splitter bends down a bit.
I had my front lip ppf’d it helps a little but not a lot

I also had mine wrapped, but the scrapping fixed the bottom part of the PPF by removing it. I did add SlipLo protection that should keep that from getting any worse. But at some point I likely will replace the splitter. At a delivered price not far from $800 it is not too bad.

I also had mine wrapped, but the scrapping fixed the bottom part of the PPF by removing it. I did add SlipLo protection that should keep that from getting any worse. But at some point I likely will replace the splitter. At a delivered price not far from $800 it is not too bad.
Do you have pictures you can share with the protection you installed?

anyone out there might know when the rear diffuser will be available to order? for the last 2 months every CF piece is available to order except the rear diffuser. :(:confused:
I actually have a spare sitting in my garage if you're looking for a 5BW CF diffuser...
DF0969CF-28B8-4EA8-BE91-3F654CD32ECC.jpeg

I actually have a spare sitting in my garage if you're looking for a 5BW CF diffuser...View attachment 14699
I love the V pattern! That’s awesome! If diddy837 or Badillac don’t come through in purchasing, please put me down as next. I just ordered the factory rear spoiler and it will be here in next 2 days, might as well complete the rear of my 5BW.

For those anyone who retrofits the CF rear diffuser, please let us know what you end up doing with handsfree trunk release (if equipped). This was one feature that I would have liked to have but they delete it on cars with CF from the factory. Supposedly the sensor won't work through the CF. But imagine a hole could be drilled for it. Photos too, please!

Hoping the wiring harness is still there in my car and simply tucked away with just a sensor needing to be plugged in.

I think the correct PN for the BW5 front grille header is: 86788444. I ordered the PN listed here (85104596) & received a whole damn grille (see pic)! I contacted the dealer I purchased from and he informed me the correct number (86788444). When I ordered that PN, I got the correct piece. It arrived today & is marked with that PN (as pictured).

I ordered all of the other CF for BW5 (except the rear diffuser & rcoker moldings) using the PNs listed here & they were all correct. Thanks or compiling!
Hey, since you upgraded to all the carbon fiber pieces, I was hoping you might be able to help me with a question i have: is the carbon fiber lip a different size than the stock black one? i.e. does it protrude further?

I’m nervous about anything that reduces clearance, but I like the look of the carbon fiber. Thanks in advance!

Hey, since you upgraded to all the carbon fiber pieces, I was hoping you might be able to help me with a question i have: is the carbon fiber lip a different size than the stock black one? i.e. does it protrude further?

I’m nervous about anything that reduces clearance, but I like the look of the carbon fiber. Thanks in advance!
Hey, I don’t have the exact details and am away rn so can’t check but the front splitter def sticks out farther. I don’t recall it reducing clearance - don’t think it sits lower tk the ground. I hear you, but I don’t see it being a problem- I’m just extra careful on curbs and stuff.

I saved my old front lip. I can do a side by side comparison next week and give better info

Hey, I don’t have the exact details and am away rn so can’t check but the front splitter def sticks out farther. I don’t recall it reducing clearance - don’t think it sits lower tk the ground. I hear you, but I don’t see it being a problem- I’m just extra careful on curbs and stuff.

I saved my old front lip. I can do a side by side comparison next week and give better info
Here are some photos I have on hand in the meantime, for some reference. This is with the CF.

Attachments

• 0F5FDBB8-08EE-4DF0-8C65-1B0269153347.png
    0F5FDBB8-08EE-4DF0-8C65-1B0269153347.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
  • E8DE7BD1-72C5-4E6A-995D-8CC161B3A77C.png
    E8DE7BD1-72C5-4E6A-995D-8CC161B3A77C.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 89
  • B03FCEC2-27C3-4F69-959F-BE9E85A48FFE.png
    B03FCEC2-27C3-4F69-959F-BE9E85A48FFE.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 89
  • 7103BF91-2593-42C9-87D5-124D9ED1C0FF.png
    7103BF91-2593-42C9-87D5-124D9ED1C0FF.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • CCD3CF97-4B71-4014-9720-4BEC24A05FC5.png
    CCD3CF97-4B71-4014-9720-4BEC24A05FC5.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 99

Lower no, further out yes. And don’t forget to order the aero pieces for underneath. For the lip you have to take off the 3 plastic covers under the car. It’s a torque bit, but I believe it was a t15. And remove the 5 10mm bolts for all 3 pieces to come out. And there is about 20 or so torque screws to remove underneath. And the top part of the splitter is plastic clips. There’s going to be 4 clips that you’re not gonna be able to put back in, but you could put them in upside down instead of the way that you took them out. no way to put them back in without totally disassembling the underneath. there clip in so don’t worry they won’t fall out. Total time of installation 1.5 hours. Just need a lift, makes it so much easier!

Last edited:
Lower no, further out yes. And don’t forget to order the aero pieces for underneath.
Do you happen to have the parts numbers for the underside aero pieces you talk about. Are these the brake cooling parts? I have CCBs. Thanks.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back