Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

That was the 2014-17 Chevy SS except it was a boat around the track. 4 Doors, stick shift, NA LS3, only downside was it was a bit too big (IMO) for track racing. Everyone in that community that I know does an LSA set up and takes them down the strip. The closest thing in size I can think of is a Pontiac G8 GTO. Both great platforms but long discontinued.

Do the V8 Chargers still get a 6-spd or has MOPAR moved to autos exclusively?
Been there done that and not going down that rabbit hole again....

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
If the 4BW came with a V8 it would have been legendary. Its sales would have dwarfed the 5BW. The vast majority of people don't want a big HP V8, they just want a V8.

Reminder that we've already heard from the source (Mirza) that the V8 simply doesn't fit in the 4BW.

The 4BW's size being "right" is one of the things reviewers come back to again and again. Losing that "rightness" would be the cost of that sweet V8 rumble.

4BW 9600 miles, 5BW 1300 miles........ I do love them both, but the 4BW really makes me smile!
Steve - I'm curious. Do you prefer 6MT or auto? I know you like the 4 more than the 5. If your answer is manual, then you absolutely should trade for that special edition 4!

Steve - I'm curious. Do you prefer 6MT or auto? I know you like the 4 more than the 5. If your answer is manual, then you absolutely should trade for that special edition 4!
Call me weird but I like the A10 in the 4BW.... I get my manual fix with the 5BW.... I really did consider a track edition 4BW but it didn't make much sense to spend more money for a car with a couple extra options that drives the same... Plus my wife said no, so there is that... 😄

If the 4BW came with a V8 it would have been legendary. Its sales would have dwarfed the 5BW. The vast majority of people don't want a big HP V8, they just want a V8. Give them 4 doors with actual track capability out of the box and a manual? Now you vehicle that practically doesn't exist and you're offering it at price quite that many more enthusiasts can afford. The LF4 may be the better engine overall but the V8 option would have provided a much more emotive and accolade generating vehicle.
I really like the quick revving nature of the LF4 and it sounds decent with the windows down but if they would have stuck the LT1 V8 into the 4BW it would have been epic. Simple formula, V8, Alpha chassis with mag-ride and a Tremec 6-speed.

4BW with V8, is like putting 10 lbs of sugar in a 5 lb sack.....

From a weight perspective the the LT1 only weights like 15lbs more than the LF4, something like 450lbs vs. 465lbs and the power specs are just about the same. I really like the LF4 and appreciate how smooth and powerful it is but the V8 would add more character and a better exhaust note.

Reminder that we've already heard from the source (Mirza) that the V8 simply doesn't fit in the 4BW.

The 4BW's size being "right" is one of the things reviewers come back to again and again. Losing that "rightness" would be the cost of that sweet V8 rumble.
^^^THIS^^^
From a weight perspective the the LT1 only weights like 15lbs more than the LF4, something like 450lbs vs. 465lbs and the power specs are just about the same. I really like the LF4 and appreciate how smooth and powerful it is but the V8 would add more character and a better exhaust note.
Do it..... Cadillac really did not put much thought in the 4BW...... The V-Team must have been smoking crack...
Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I really like the quick revving nature of the LF4 and it sounds decent with the windows down but if they would have stuck the LT1 V8 into the 4BW it would have been epic. Simple formula, V8, Alpha chassis with mag-ride and a Tremec 6-speed.
That's basically the SS? Always wanted to try driving that car, would be fun to try back to back with 4BW to compare the experience. I love the power delivery with the LT4, especially now that it's boost season!

That's basically the SS? Always wanted to try driving that car, would be fun to try back to back with 4BW to compare the experience. I love the power delivery with the LT4, especially now that it's boost season!

Yep, except cram the LT1 in to the smaller, lighter, stiffer, much better looking 4BW. The SS was a bigger feeling sedan and wasn't easy on the eyes. Six cylinders are common in the smaller sports sedan space, Lexus, BMW, Infinity, etc. but GM could play to their strengths and differentiate themselves from the pack offer their powerful small block V8s in a small sports sedan.

I get the whole LF4 formula and technically it is a superior engine than the dated small block technology but sometimes none of that matters, and folks prefer the V8 soundtrack.

got a brilliant idea.
- 10 people donate $10k = $100k
- secure a CT4 blackwing manual using $70k of funds
- secure a v8 that will fit the CTV blackwing $10k
- secure someone who knows how to transplant the engine $19.5k
- meet up at a midpoint and watch the person swap engine while drinking beer, beer fund $500
- build the ultimate blackwing and sell it off for $100k.
- repeat with our own CTV blackwings
- make special special badges for limited supply of CT4-V8 blackwing

got a brilliant idea.
- 10 people donate $10k = $100k
- secure a CT4 blackwing manual using $70k of funds
- secure a v8 that will fit the CTV blackwing $10k
- secure someone who knows how to transplant the engine $19.5k
- meet up at a midpoint and watch the person swap engine while drinking beer, beer fund $500
- build the ultimate blackwing and sell it off for $100k.
- repeat with our own CTV blackwings
- make special special badges for limited supply of CT4-V8 blackwing
And you are sure it will fit??? I mean @Mirza Grebovic has already stated it will not fit and I think he should know for sure.....

You sir have now lost your credibility as the SS is a beautiful car.......

Haha, subjective of course. I enjoyed how it drove more than how it looked.

Here is a great video on the beloved SS.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back