Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

I like how she mentioned that this isn't GM's only turbo V6, and as someone who really likes the GNX, I feel that the ATS-V and CT4-V Blackwings are also interesting because of the TTV6 choice. I'm sure it was mainly chosen for performance reasons, I wonder if a V8 wouldn't have been as track nimble. Maybe @Mirza Grebovic can chime in 😉
Its simple really, it was the better engine for the car and which is why its in the car. The camaro with LT1 has same underhood as the CT5, CT4 is way smaller and a small block just doesnt fit to OEM requirements. Open up the hood and also note how tucked that LF4 is and its behind the front axle. The LF4 is truly a marvel and one reason why I bought the car too, I personally love that engine and it makes more power than the LT1 and is lighter (and costs a lot more so it wasnt a cost play). I own a few small block cars and my CT4 doesnt make me ever wish it had one. I needed some turbos in my life 🤣

Had the LT1 in my 2017 camaro SS and I don't miss it at all in my CT4 BW. Both engines are great and I don't see how the LT1 will make the BW any better besides maybe the sound. (CT4 BW sounds great btw). I'm happy with the LF4

Supposedly the LF4 vs LT1 decision was a management one by Bob Ferguson back in the day. He believed that because the M3 had a TT6, the ATS V should follow the same winning formula. The small block would have fit into the ATS, made similar power and fuel economy, and isnt far off on weight. The ATS-V was pretty widely criticized for having a sufficient, but un-emotional powertrain with a boring exhaust note.

Maybe the CT4 BW considered a V8, or maybe they didnt due to the additional development costs. They seem to have improved the character of the engine a fair bit, and the TTV6 definitely has a torque advantage down low where most people spend their time, and probably a better moment of inertia. Maybe @Mirza Grebovic could shed some light!

Edit: got distracted and mirza already applied :)

I have to believe that if they stuck a V8 in the ATS/CT4 that it would have cannibalized sales of the V/CT5. People want the V8, it isn't all about the HP. It's the same reason the regular V8 Dodge cars sell so well. If people could have gotten that in the cheaper vehicle it would be a lot different.

With that said, I personally don't care that much. A V8 wouldn't have influenced my purchase either way. GM did a decent job with the exhaust sound on the CT4 as well. It's certainly no Alfa Quadrifoglio but it's good.

Was the V2 snoozing at that light or is it just me? Regardless he caught up to the 4 quick.

Was the V2 snoozing at that light or is it just me? Regardless he caught up to the 4 quick.
Might have been bracket racing.

I noticed this as well.
I think they had bracket racing at the event.

When you bracket race, you are racing against your dial in(the number you say your car will run). So you have two cars line up, if one has a 10.00 dial in and the other a 12.0, the 12.0 car will have its lights set to go green 2 seconds ahead of the 10.00 car.

I think they had bracket racing at the event.

When you bracket race, you are racing against your dial in(the number you say your car will run). So you have two cars line up, if one has a 10.00 dial in and the other a 12.0, the 12.0 car will have its lights set to go green 2 seconds ahead of the 10.00 car.
I'm familiar. I've always found bracket racing to be boring. I'd rather chase a personal best rather than repeated consistency.

I'm familiar. I've always found bracket racing to be boring. I'd rather chase a personal best rather than repeated consistency.
I did it when I was a teenager. My first event I got some money, a tropphy and some magazine coverage(GM High Tech Performance lol). But yep, after 1 more event I was completely bored. I moved onto AutoX-much more interesting.

Would you mind educating someone who'd like to know more both how you could tell, and what that would affect?
She points them out in the video. The cooling ducts are the black plastic scoops that are under the car at the leading edge of the rear wheels, and the dust shields are the metal disks on the inside of the rear rotors.

A video from Rob Dahm with some CT4 and CT5 Blackwings on the track. Wouldnt say its really a review video, but still worth a watch.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back