Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

288 Miles and an engine failure

Dropping it off at the dealership right now for tint as well as the idle stutter. This isn’t normal. Typically when it stutters it’s accompanied by a tick coming from the front of the motor. If I go 0/2 for Cadillacs I’m gonna cry

Edit: here now, probably and hopefully just the MAF needs to be replaced or recalibrated since it was off the old one so my AFM is reading high

Last edited:
Dropping it off at the dealership right now for tint as well as the idle stutter. This isn’t normal. Typically when it stutters it’s accompanied by a tick coming from the front of the motor. If I go 0/2 for Cadillacs I’m gonna cry

Edit: here now, probably and hopefully just the MAF needs to be replaced or recalibrated since it was off the old one so my AFM is reading high
I think its time to ask for a new car.

We're 3 days away from 30 days and I really don't want to have to lemon the first new car I've ever bought.

I would think that crossing that 30-day threshold would give you a lot more leverage in this situation.

Welp drove up to the dealership for tint and the sputtering. Thought it was the MAF. Drove about a block down the street, sputtering increased and CEL popped. I’m gonna look at just lemoning this thing. Breaks my heart because I waited for so long for this car and I’ll probably never get another one.

Welp drove up to the dealership for tint and the sputtering. Thought it was the MAF. Drove about a block down the street, sputtering increased and CEL popped. I’m gonna look at just lemoning this thing. Breaks my heart because I waited for so long for this car and I’ll probably never get another one.
hopefully its something simple, like they forgot to tighten the intake and it slipped off or something.

Sorry to hear about all of the trouble. Did you happen to notice who build the new motor? BTW - mine is Crystal built motor with almost 700 miles... so far all ok, but I don't want to jinx myself either!

I just hope so. They’re trying to send me home in another loaner but I told them I wanted my car to drive home not some fuckin Buick encore again
I mean...
dictionary.com said:
encore [ ahng-kawr, -kohr, ahn- ]
interjection
again; once more

I’m thinking something to do with sparking or fueling. It didn’t stutter as I picked it up but continually got a little bit worse over the course of a few hours. They told me it could have been break in miles but then the CEL popped

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back