Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

288 Miles and an engine failure

I opened the hood of my car last night to see who built my engine and got the scare of my life. All I could see was a capital C and went into cardiac arrest. Ran into the house to grab my glasses and went back out to the car. The C stood for Chase.

Glad your motor is back to running normal.
Funny I've had my car for over 2 weeks and still do not know who took part in building this engine. Guess I'll have to look at some point

Funny I've had my car for over 2 weeks and still do not know who took part in building this engine. Guess I'll have to look at some point
Keep it a mystery. As far as I’m aware if they shipped you your car it is good. I paid for transport because they were about to put it back in hold status and had it delivered earlier than it should and the car decided it had abandonment issues and didn’t want the rod bearings to be separate from the crank

I’m 12 miles away from having it fully broken in but the RPM have been unlocked since 500 (270 miles ago). This has been the hardest no nut November in a while

Last edited:
How many miles are on your car now and is it a 6MT or 10AT. My car is basically identical to yours in terms of oil pressures at idle. I’ll keep an eye on my 75 mph oil psi but in 6th gear it’s barely at 2k rpm and I think it sits at like 43-45 depending on load.

Knock on wood but my new motor did make it over the 288 mile mark on my last trip home just now. Hopefully I can just put this all behind me. No news on compensation yet mr save the manual.
I have a 10AT. Weather has been crappy raining and since recent ceramic coating, not willing to get dirty as I was told I couldn’t wash for the first 2 wks. Sunday is predicted to be a good day, so will look while driving around to see the rpm & oil pressure at 75mph. Been 1 week since coating. I’m also installing my black badges this weekend why I can on a clean car😬.

When I drove it home earlier this month, if memory serves me, at 75mph is was hovering around 1800 to 1900 rpm. I paid more attention to the oil pressure during the drive so I could see the new engine starting point as a future reference.

My Crystal built engine knock on wood with about 700 miles on it has been good. 😬
Did you ever see who built your replacement engine?

I have a 10AT. Weather has been crappy raining and since recent ceramic coating, not willing to get dirty as I was told I couldn’t wash for the first 2 wks. Sunday is predicted to be a good day, so will look while driving around to see the rpm & oil pressure at 75mph. Been 1 week since coating. I’m also installing my black badges this weekend why I can on a clean car😬.

When I drove it home earlier this month, if memory serves me, at 75mph is was hovering around 1800 to 1900 rpm. I paid more attention to the oil pressure during the drive so I could see the new engine starting point as a future reference.

My Crystal built engine knock on wood with about 700 miles on it has been good. 😬
Did you ever see who built your replacement engine?
No idea who, they reused the supercharger lid which has the plaque on it. I’m debating getting one custom made for me if I’m the only one to suffer a failure like this to set it apart ;)

I think you’ll be fine. Oil pressures are hard to compare between auto and manual rolling since they’re each under a different load. I’ll probably get on it tonight since my drive home from the in-laws will push me over the 500 mile mark on the new motor. Been just absolutely stressing over every noise and every 1psi dip in oil pressure. I think I’m fine but knock on wood as well lol. There is one noise that I don’t know entirely about. 3rd gear accelerating under load, I head just loads of injector noise. My buddy at the dealership who used to have one said it’s cause 3rd is the power gear and it’s just dumping fuel but it just makes me panic

Happy thanksgiving to you all. Hopefully this is the end of the saga and I can start driving without anxiety.

No idea who, they reused the supercharger lid which has the plaque on it. I’m debating getting one custom made for me if I’m the only one to suffer a failure like this to set it apart ;)

I think you’ll be fine. Oil pressures are hard to compare between auto and manual rolling since they’re each under a different load. I’ll probably get on it tonight since my drive home from the in-laws will push me over the 500 mile mark on the new motor. Been just absolutely stressing over every noise and every 1psi dip in oil pressure. I think I’m fine but knock on wood as well lol. There is one noise that I don’t know entirely about. 3rd gear accelerating under load, I head just loads of injector noise. My buddy at the dealership who used to have one said it’s cause 3rd is the power gear and it’s just dumping fuel but it just makes me panic

Happy thanksgiving to you all. Hopefully this is the end of the saga and I can start driving without anxiety.
Also remember these are variable vane oil pumps. They change pressure on the fly and very dependent on the load/viscosity. Hard to expect every car to have the same oil pressure to be honest.

The only thing I would suggest is changing the oil & filter soon as an extra precaution since some reassembly took place at the dealership.
Call me paranoid, but I have always changed all of my boosted cars (makes the 5th one for me) before the 1000 mile mark max. After that, run the normal 5k miles or annually, which ever comes first change intervals. I always change the diff fluids at 1500 miles.

Really glad you got your car back to drive and enjoy. This car keeps a smile on my face after every drive.

The only thing I would suggest is changing the oil & filter soon as an extra precaution since some reassembly took place at the dealership.
Call me paranoid, but I have always changed all of my boosted cars (makes the 5th one for me) before the 1000 mile mark max. After that, run the normal 5k miles or annually, which ever comes first change intervals. I always change the diff fluids at 1500 miles.

Really glad you got your car back to drive and enjoy. This car keeps a smile on my face after every drive.
Yeah I’ll have the oil changed before the 1000 mile mark. Trying to get it in tomorrow for it since I work at a dealership. It’s just a weird oil spec being 0W-40.

By all means, get the right oil. 😁
Well folks. Over the 500 mile hump. Did a little 3rd gear pull to celebrate and shed a tear.

Thanks for all the support. I’ll keep y’all in the loop on compensation and/or if she goes again. I think I’m in the clear though. Of course I picked up a rock chip on my front bumper though. Always something lol

Dealer sent me a pic of my new long block November 4th & has communicated exactly zero since then. Closing in on the 2 month mark since I first brought it in…

Isn’t it lemon-able at this point?
If I do that it could be well over a year if I got back in line now to get another. Plus msrp is way more for 23s vs 22s. I also spent a bunch having PPF put on the entire car

I think the quote from @Mirza Grebovic was "500 miles and let her eat"
Comedy Central Eating GIF by Inside Amy Schumer

Who is Mizra? I know he is a member but does he design the blackwings at GM?

Who is Mizra? I know he is a member but does he design the blackwings at GM?

Edit: Meant to be funny, not rude.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners