Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding CT5 Blackwing SD Cards for PDR and Surround Vision Recorder

I formatted FAT32 a 128GB Samsung card in another dashcam I have thst can accept up to 256GB. Works perfectly in the SVR. The thing to note is if you insert the card into a PC it won’t recognize it’s 128 GB, it’ll say something like the capacity is 24 GB but that’s OK.

I suspect it runs all the time when the ignition is on since I cannot find any setup controls. I will find out when I pull it out later tonight.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it records automatically by default. I have not seen any controls to make it do otherwise.
I believe once you hit the record button it stays on (while car is on or while motion sensor tripped) and records video clips unless you hit stop record. Also I think once the SD card is full it purges oldest videos unless you actively save specific clips.

I believe once you hit the record button it stays on (while car is on or while motion sensor tripped) and records video clips unless you hit stop record. Also I think once the SD card is full it purges oldest videos unless you actively save specific clips.
Record button on SVR? have to check that

Stupid question but if I have the 360 camera, the plethora of parking views on the infotainment screen and i see a camera on my front windshiled from outside, does that mean i have the svr ?

When i press the pdr icon it says please enter sd card. However, I dont see any slot by the steering wheel nor the glove compartment. Cant find the one in the trunk either.

I was thinking maybe while they were removing all the carbon fiber i wanted, they mightve “accidentally” given me the pdr/svr lol 🫣

Reason its a stupid question is bc i didnt puck those options.

Stupid question but if I have the 360 camera, the plethora of parking views on the infotainment screen and i see a camera on my front windshiled from outside, does that mean i have the svr ?

When i press the pdr icon it says please enter sd card. However, I dont see any slot by the steering wheel nor the glove compartment. Cant find the one in the trunk either.

I was thinking maybe while they were removing all the carbon fiber i wanted, they mightve “accidentally” given me the pdr/svr lol 🫣

Reason its a stupid question is bc i didnt puck those options.

SVR is standard on all 5 blackwings. The slot is in the trunk on the passenger side liner. It's not under any sort of lid. Just a vertical slot in a square housing and the slot looks too big to take an SD card but it does.

SVR is standard on all 5 blackwings. The slot is in the trunk on the passenger side liner. It's not under any sort of lid. Just a vertical slot in a square housing and the slot looks too big to take an SD card but it does.
This is exactly the info i needed. Thanks

Wanted to share some learnings from last night regarding the SD card formatting for the PDR and Surround Vision Recorder.

First, the PDR (SD card slot next to steering wheel)

Card format must be Fat32. If your card is formatted in exFAT (it will be if you buy a brand new one and don't stick it in a computer), the PDR system can format the card properly. However, if your SD card is formatted in NTFS, PDR cannot format in Fat32. You will need to re-format the card back into exFAT via windows then let the PDR do it's thing.

A note if your SD card is over 32gb:
Windows cannot easily format SD cards in Fat32 over 32gb. Linux can. So can your PDR as long as you format the card BACK into exFAT (this is the easiest option)

Second, Surround Vision Recorder:

This is the SD card slot in the trunk (if equipped). This must also be Fat32 formatted. If you have the PDR, simply format your SD card via the PDR as mentioned above, remove the card from PDR, and install in the trunk. The SVR system is apparently incapable of formatting cards. If you don't have PDR, but do have SVR (i'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is), and want to use a card bigger than 32gb, you will need to format in Fat32 using some form of Linux or alternate methods on Windows.

While on the subject of SVR, which is part of the parking package, this is basically a 360view dashcam. It will automatically start recording when accessory power, or the car is turned on if an SD card is present. Videos can be viewed directly from the 'video recorder' app on the main infotainment screen. From this screen you can save videos of interest so they don't get overwritten. Videos are saved in 5 min blocks. No audio. Video includes front, rear, left, and right cameras. It's actually quite nifty.

The PDR can also be set to record automatically when the car is turned on. Both the PDR and SVR can record at the same time.

The TL:DR is,

SD cards must be Fat32 format. Windows sucks at doing this if over 32gb. The SVR is a 360deg dashcam.

Also, this is for a 5BW. 4BW folks, the PDR section would apply. The SVR section doesn't as it looks like it's not an option on

Wanted to share some learnings from last night regarding the SD card formatting for the PDR and Surround Vision Recorder.

First, the PDR (SD card slot next to steering wheel)

Card format must be Fat32. If your card is formatted in exFAT (it will be if you buy a brand new one and don't stick it in a computer), the PDR system can format the card properly. However, if your SD card is formatted in NTFS, PDR cannot format in Fat32. You will need to re-format the card back into exFAT via windows then let the PDR do it's thing.

A note if your SD card is over 32gb:
Windows cannot easily format SD cards in Fat32 over 32gb. Linux can. So can your PDR as long as you format the card BACK into exFAT (this is the easiest option)

Second, Surround Vision Recorder:

This is the SD card slot in the trunk (if equipped). This must also be Fat32 formatted. If you have the PDR, simply format your SD card via the PDR as mentioned above, remove the card from PDR, and install in the trunk. The SVR system is apparently incapable of formatting cards. If you don't have PDR, but do have SVR (i'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is), and want to use a card bigger than 32gb, you will need to format in Fat32 using some form of Linux or alternate methods on Windows.

While on the subject of SVR, which is part of the parking package, this is basically a 360view dashcam. It will automatically start recording when accessory power, or the car is turned on if an SD card is present. Videos can be viewed directly from the 'video recorder' app on the main infotainment screen. From this screen you can save videos of interest so they don't get overwritten. Videos are saved in 5 min blocks. No audio. Video includes front, rear, left, and right cameras. It's actually quite nifty.

The PDR can also be set to record automatically when the car is turned on. Both the PDR and SVR can record at the same time.

The TL:DR is,

SD cards must be Fat32 format. Windows sucks at doing this if over 32gb. The SVR is a 360deg dashcam.

Also, this is for a 5BW. 4BW folks, the PDR section would apply. The SVR section doesn't as it looks like it's not an option on the 4.
found a great video, step by step to format your sd card to FAT32

what does this mean? what is a "data acquisition system"?

It means it records a ton of operating data that can be analyzed with an external program such as what Cosworth has.

This thread shows someone analyzing the bejeezus out of PDR data:

Picked up a 64G card, going to format to FAT to use that for my Blackwing PDR and use the 32G thats currently in my Z06 for the SVR. I have another 16G card I used on my ZL1 1LE that I'll use for my Z06 instead of the 32 since my Z06 can't auto record and I just end up manually deleting all the recordings anytime I'm done a drive.

That should cover all my bases.

Picked up a 64G card, going to format to FAT to use that for my Blackwing PDR and use the 32G thats currently in my Z06 for the SVR. I have another 16G card I used on my ZL1 1LE that I'll use for my Z06 instead of the 32 since my Z06 can't auto record and I just end up manually deleting all the recordings anytime I'm done a drive.

That should cover all my bases.
SD or SD micro?

SD or SD micro?
SD, I've actually never tried a micro with an an adapter to see if it would work but I've always used standard SD cards and already have two so didn't feel like changing it up to see if it would work.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back