Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

PSA Regarding CT5 Blackwing SD Cards for PDR and Surround Vision Recorder

I bought two brand new 256gb as cards. I put them both in the PDR, and formatted, it worked for the PDR. On transfer to the trunk for SVR, it didn’t work. I had to give it to my IT guy, he got it all to work though. I have apple products, and as honestly not too good at it. He has windows, and was done in about 5 minutes!

I used both windows diskpart and mac disk utility to format this 256gb SD card to Fat32, The SVR tells me "No SD Card Found"

Just tried your suggestion @poor-sha and at least with "quick format" it did not work... I am now trying a full format with the tool you suggested... but as of right now, no luck

Just tried your suggestion @poor-sha and at least with "quick format" it did not work... I am now trying a full format with the tool you suggested... but as of right now, no luck
Here's how I did it. Format using exFAT and adjust the Allocation unit size. Try 256 Kilobytes and see if that works. That's what I did and it worked perfect.

For what it's worth, I formatted a brand new SanDisk Ultra 32 Gb SD card in the PDR (per comments here that it will format as FAT32), and then moved the card to the trunk slot for the SVR. The SVR could not recognize the card. I tried a few times with same result. I then formatted the card on my Win10 laptop using FAT32 and it worked just fine.

I bought the new (white and blue) 128GB Samsung Pro Endurance card designed for the continual overwrites of dashcams. PDR accepted it out of the box with no formatting.

My only complaint is that the card and adapter are white whereas my prior card was black and disappeared into the dash - might have to fix that with a little sharpie!

I bought the new (white and blue) 128GB Samsung Pro Endurance card designed for the continual overwrites of dashcams. PDR accepted it out of the box with no formatting.

My only complaint is that the card and adapter are white whereas my prior card was black and disappeared into the dash - might have to fix that with a little sharpie!
Do you have a link to the card?

Bought two of these 128 GB cards. Fresh out of the box to PDR worked fine. Took the other one to my MacBook Pro and formatted to fat32 via apple disk utility and it worked great in the trunk SVR.

Questions regarding SVR how do you get it to record automatically all the time? Is it possible to have it record when car is off/parked also? Or just when moving. If only when moving where is the option to make it turn on automatically?

The PDR settings are easy and straightforward to find SVR not so much.

I think the SVR records all the time (in about 5 min. blocks) as default. I also believe it will record when the car senses a security issue when the car is not on. I have a few recordings that have "THFT" or "SECY" in the file name instead of "NRML".

This is the Endurance 128 GB SD card I got for my Blackview camera...would this work with SVR or does it need to be reformatted? I have the PDR as well

Those are the cards I use for all my dash cams. It'll work out of the box in the PDR, but not the SVR. I tried to use the PDR to format the card, and it still didn't work in the SVR. I then formatted Fat32 from my Chromebook, and it still didn't work. I then formatted exFat from my Chromebook, and that worked. However, some are saying it should be Fat32 formatted, so maybe I am misremembering.

exFAT did not work for me on SVR, I had to do FAT32

Those are the cards I use for all my dash cams. It'll work out of the box in the PDR, but not the SVR. I tried to use the PDR to format the card, and it still didn't work in the SVR. I then formatted Fat32 from my Chromebook, and it still didn't work. I then formatted exFat from my Chromebook, and that worked. However, some are saying it should be Fat32 formatted, so maybe I am misremembering.
I may have to use one of the 3rd party tools on my Windows PC....as long as it works for SVR after reformatting.

So today I went and picked this up for 13.99. I put it in the SVR SD slot in the trunk and it got recognized/worked right out of the box...no (additional) formatting needed... must be pre-formatted.
20220713_120934.jpg

Yeah looks like the 32GB micro SDs work out if the box with SVR
32GB or smaller probably work out of the box because 32GB is the max efficiency size for FAT32. In reality FAT32 can go beyond that, but FAT32 is begins to become inefficient once you get beyond 32GB. basically its becomes slower to read/write than other file formats. However for a video recorder that should never be an issue. So it is possible format FAT32 beyond 32GB, but you will probably need a 3rd party program to do it. So most 32GB and smaller cards probably come preformatted in FAT32. Anything beyond 32GB would be exFAT if its preformatted.

I did get the 128GB ProEndurance MicroSD card (thanks!) installed for the PDR once I figured out that the slot wasn't in the glove box as indicated in the manual. :cautious: For those of you who might read the manual and be lost, the slot is just to the left of the steering wheel. The white does clash but I think I will skip the magic marker! :)

Bought two of these 128 GB cards. Fresh out of the box to PDR worked fine. Took the other one to my MacBook Pro and formatted to fat32 via apple disk utility and it worked great in the trunk SVR.

Questions regarding SVR how do you get it to record automatically all the time? Is it possible to have it record when car is off/parked also? Or just when moving. If only when moving where is the option to make it turn on automatically?

The PDR settings are easy and straightforward to find SVR not so much.
Did exactly this and it worked fine as well. Also agree on the SVR interface. It's really un-intuitive and feels like something out of windows 95. As of now have no idea if its constantly recording when the cars on or not.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners