Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

1. I hate Shmee. I never heard of him till I started looking at BMWs. He’s so annoying.
2. That was the worst review ever. I watched it last night and was like wtf did I just watch (I had nothing better to do). Thx for posting though! lol
yes that was truly god awful

I have a channel for my diecast car collection and do weekly reviews. I'm doing ok, 1.5million views, 8300 subscribers.

But the big popular stuff...unboxing videos. People watching people open boxes. Seriously. I had to start showing the packaging which is good info, but people will bitch that I'm not unboxing them on camera. Sigh.
Makes no sense to me. When my kids were a few years younger they would constantly watch some kid opening new toys and give a very brief review of it. I later learned the kid they were watching was being paid something like 8mil a year for these pointless videos. For a short moment I thought of pimping my own kids with similar content.

Both the 4 and 5 are finalists in Motor Trend's inaugural Performance Car of the Year. In an earlier version of the 5 review they mentioned it got 3rd, but they've since edited that out since the other finalists and winner have not been revealed yet.

The M3 Competition and Veloster N are the two other finalists so far. As far as I can make out from pictures, tomorrow's announced finalists should include the AMG GT Black Series, Huracan STO, and 992 GT3. The 5 lost to the GT3 but beat the other two in R&T's Performance Car of the Year.

All of the fortunate owners can feel free to place videos of your blackings in this thread as well. There are not many exhaust clips on the tube and I could use a few more to listen to during the work day.

You beat me to it!
C&D admitted they will likely bring back the 4BW for another round next year since the lap time was not reflecting the car’s ability.
Maybe a leaner driver will help in the corners too ;-)

You look at the cons on the 5 and there is really nothing of note. Gas guzzling? Of course. The menus and settings are too deep? I think the Cadillac system is much easier to navigate than say the BMW. Regardless, enthusiast owners will learn the options inside and out, so it is a non-issue (and really a big benefit to be able to customize so many parameters). It can feel big? I drive trucks every day so another non-issue for me.

You look at the cons on the 5 and there is really nothing of note. Gas guzzling? Of course. The menus and settings are too deep? I think the Cadillac system is much easier to navigate than say the BMW. Regardless, enthusiast owners will learn the options inside and out, so it is a non-issue (and really a big benefit to be able to customize so many parameters). It can feel big? I drive trucks every day so another non-issue for me.
Isn't it sort of the point that it feels big? If I didn't want my car to feel big I wouldn't get a sedan.

Pretty good article. Interesting comment about the headlights. Anyone else have "issues" with the lighting?

I also didn't know the sun rose in the west.
Zero headlight issues. Author almost sounds like he's running on a track at night talking about outrunning his lights.

the answer is more sideways action into the corners.

giphy.gif

No surprises there! As they say in the reviews, the ones who made these cars (like our @Mirza Grebovic) care about what really matters in a drivers car, I hope they continue making awesome cars for Cadillac so I can get a track worthy electric Blackwing in the future!
I may be in the minority - but I have to say, EVs - no matter how poweful - don't really do it for me. Sure, they can be absurdly quick. But, there's so much more to a car than just thrust. To me, EVs are sterile. ICE cars are organic things, and they engage all the senses in ways no EV can. The whine of electric motors just isn't the same as the roar of a high-performance ICE. Plus the tactile sensations of a manual trans (in this case), the smell of gasoline and oil and rubber - to me that's what driving is all about. I can't ever imagine a race where all the cars just whiz silently around the track, emitting a high-pitched whine. Yeah, they may have many attributes that make them a good option for some - but I draw the line at being forced to drive an EV - and/or subsidize someone else's - simply because some bureacrats have decided that's what we need to do to 'save the planet.' Just my views, of course.

And to followup from before, Matt said that they pulled most of the "Just the Noise" videos because they weren't doing that well.
great video! And, I like his watch - Rolex GMT Master on Jubilee bracelet - pretty much unobtainium!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back