Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wireless Phone Charger

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I have a 5BW and an I-phone 12 Pro MAX. When I try to use the wireless charger, it does not charge the phone. When I first place it on the charger, the dash icone lights up with a green lightening bolt, but after a few seconds, the lightening bolt turns yellow.

Does anyone have any advice for how to get this to work?

Had that issue when I had a case that didn't seem compatible with the wireless charger. After removing it, the phone charged fine.

Had that issue when I had a case that didn't seem compatible with the wireless charger. After removing it, the phone charged fine.

I thought that might be the problem, so I tried it without the case…..didn’t work.

Doesn't matter, phones slide right out if you do any serious hooligan driving. Even not so serious driving, major disappointment. Cadillac dropped the ball on that. Sunglass cubby would have been nice too😎

I agree they could have done a better job on the phone charger design. How effective it is in retaining the phone will depend on the phone and case. iPhone 13 Pro with Silicon rubber case doesn’t get tossed out in normal city driving. But one thing I noticed is that when it gets near the back edge of the charger it makes a rattle noise.

Doesn't matter, phones slide right out if you do any serious hooligan driving. Even not so serious driving, major disappointment. Cadillac dropped the ball on that. Sunglass cubby would have been nice too😎

The car that I've been in that has the best wireless charger is the Tesla Model Y/3. Two side by side chargers just under the main screen reclined just the right amount and with little side bolsters that hold them in place.

I had the same experience today in my V5 Blackwing. My phone showed that it was being charged but when I took it off, it was at the same level and I found the phone to be very warm.

I guess I’m lucky as no issues yet with my wireless charger on for both my iPhones (1 personal- XS & 1 business- 12 Pro Max) on my 5BW.

Both have Speck brand cases. I throw on which iPhone needs charging at the time, works fine. I also haven’t felt any extra heat and wonder if the Caddy has the same cooling duct underneath the charging pad as my 2022 GMC AT4. My AT4 is my DD and after about 30 mins or so when running the AC, both phones are slightly cold including the charge pad & both phones charged up higher or full.

I will check next time I take the Caddy out to see if the charge pad gets colder like my AT4.

Mine charges my iPhone 12 Pro Max. But really, really slowly. I 3d printed an insert that holds the phone in place. Works pretty well so far.

Had a similar issue with the QI charger on the Wife's Grand Wagoneer and had the dealership replace it, no issues since. Might be worth a conversation with your local dealership

Mine charges my iPhone 12 Pro Max. But really, really slowly. I 3d printed an insert that holds the phone in place. Works pretty well so far.
Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

I've found the charger is a bit finicky, it really depends on where you have the phone placed.

I find that it seems to work best when placed at the bottom, at least with my Pixel 7.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back