Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Climate control - fan blows super hard initially?

Champale

Seasoned Member
Sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find a thread about it. No matter the weather - cold, hot, mild - when I have my climate control set on auto (usually 69 degrees), the fan blows at MAX for a little while and then eventually calms down to a much slower speed (after maybe 30 seconds). It just seems weird to me for the fan to blow so hard even on a 70 degree day when I jump in the car.

I noticed this also when I first got the car and think it is normal. I never use auto anymore.

Sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find a thread about it. No matter the weather - cold, hot, mild - when I have my climate control set on auto (usually 69 degrees), the fan blows at MAX for a little while and then eventually calms down to a much slower speed (after maybe 30 seconds). It just seems weird to me for the fan to blow so hard even on a 70 degree day when I jump in the car.
beavis-butthead.gif

It uses the solar sensor on the top, center of the dashboard, plus the outside temp sensor in the grille. Initial temp can be a little skewed if sitting in the sun or what not. The HVAC will try to normalize the temp as quickly as it can on startup, so fan speed may be initially high. The auto fan speed setting in the climate control personalization menu might have some limiting effect, but not sure.

All of my cars for the past 15 years have done this including my 5BW. Even my 2009 CTS did it.

Thank you guys for confirming that it's not malfunctioning. I have owned a lot of cars and I have never had one that was so aggressive with the blower speed when set on auto so I was worried it was not functioning correctly.

Oh, and I did mess with that setting in the menu but it didn't fix the 'problem'.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back