Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Winter Wheels and Tires

I think I'm going to get performance all season tires this year for the cold weather - not for driving in the snow. Tire Rack search (4BW) gives the Michelin PS AS4, BFG G-Force Comp2 A/S Plus, and Falken Azenis FK460 A/S. I know many have used the Michelin, but the Falken looks like a good tire with better life, quieter, and a bit lower cost ($208/$220 to $272/$300). The BFG seems to be a bit behind the other two. Has anyone tried the Falken? I've never used the brand before and don't know anything about them.
I just put the falkens on my car. Noise level about the same as the stock tire. Grip seems decent. I wanted a true winter setup cause that is what I always run, but Im going to throwsnow winter tires on my old beater truck and avoild the snow with this.

Hey fellas,
I tried to read this whole thread but wound up skimming it, without finding my answer...

Has anyone run a square setup on a 4BW on stock wheels with winter tires? I'm looking at Michelin Alpin PA4 in 255/35-18 for all 4 wheels. I'm looking for a couple people with first hand experience running this, or if i'm crazy about even considering this i'm sure lots of ppl will chime in to tell me.

Finding winter tires for this car sure is harder than my last car (STI). When i bought the 4BW I got some michelin all seasons in the correct sizes because i couldn't find winter tires for the rears. That turned out to not be a productive move, as there is only marginal improvement over the stock summer tires.

Thanks
replying to my own post, my local tire shop that i have been using for years could not get the aplin in 265/35/18... costco had it, and they had no issues mounting a non-stock size tire to the stock wheel.

tires are on order and should be in mid-november. i know this car won't drive like my STI did in the snow, but i'm hoping for a noticeable improvement with these tires.

replying to my own post, my local tire shop that i have been using for years could not get the aplin in 265/35/18... costco had it, and they had no issues mounting a non-stock size tire to the stock wheel.

tires are on order and should be in mid-november. i know this car won't drive like my STI did in the snow, but i'm hoping for a noticeable improvement with these tires.
I think the car will drive great with winter tires. Ive drive 500hp rwd cars through the snow with winter tires. A well balanced car is great in the snow.

Year 2 of this setup
PXL_20231104_165038451.jpg

Hi. I know I have seen your comment before in an older thread. It was your thoughts that gave me that extra push to finally buy a CT4 BW (4 days now). Could I ask what your set up is, I am pretty sure they are 255/35/18 square, but curious about the rims. Thank you so much and sorry for asking a question youve probably been asked 300 times!

Hi. I know I have seen your comment before in an older thread. It was your thoughts that gave me that extra push to finally buy a CT4 BW (4 days now). Could I ask what your set up is, I am pretty sure they are 255/35/18 square, but curious about the rims. Thank you so much and sorry for asking a question youve probably been asked 300 times!
Square 255/35/18 on Apex FL-5 18 x 9.5 ET28.

I ended up going with stock size Continental DWS06 plus A/S tires. I wont drive it much in the winter, just enough on decent days so I don‘t have to store it. In the nam of science, I’ll take it out when snows to see how they do In various PTM/drive modes.

I ended up going with stock size Continental DWS06 plus A/S tires. I wont drive it much in the winter, just enough on decent days so I don‘t have to store it. In the nam of science, I’ll take it out when snows to see how they do In various PTM/drive modes.
I had thought about trying A/S instead of winter tires but I'm not "strong" enough to try that in MA! Good luck!

I had thought about trying A/S instead of winter tires but I'm not "strong" enough to try that in MA! Good luck!
Funny, I'm staring at my Nokian full winters knowing damn well I'm not going to commute in any bad weather (NJ) and will work from home instead, and wondering if I should go to AS.

This is exactly what I did last winter, DWS06+ in stock size on stock wheels. This winter I'm getting a second set of wheels to put them on. They did really well in the cold + wet last winter, even better than prior winter tires I had run on other cars. I tried them out in light snow once and came away pretty impressed.

Since I am a little hesitant to go A/S in winter here. And I apologize if this has been asked but...has anyone gone with 255/35/18 square on OEM wheels? I saw somewhere that Cadillac does not suggest that but tires are not my expertise. Thank you!

Since I am a little hesitant to go A/S in winter here. And I apologize if this has been asked but...has anyone gone with 255/35/18 square on OEM wheels? I saw somewhere that Cadillac does not suggest that but tires are not my expertise. Thank you!
I tried running Michelin Pilot A/S for a couple of seasons. Not very happy with them in Chicago winter.. I would say they were only marginally better than the summer tires that came on the car.

This winter going with Pilot Alpin P4. Not a square setup because I was able to find 265s for the rear at the last minute. I would have gone 255s all around if I had to. Stock wheels.

Well, I havent found anything so here we go...I am having the summers swapped for Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S. They should be good, as long as I stay out of real heavy snow, which I would normally. Hoping anyway :)

I just put my winter wheels with Vredestein Wintracs on my GTI today. I can't express highly enough my enthusiasm for these tires for winter and wet performance driving. They are just so good. I've run them on my GTI and in the past on my Audi for many many years.

I used to hoon around in my Audi in unplowed parking lots with as much as a foot of snow with no issues - just me and the AWD trucks & SUVs. And in the Audi I've also run them very aggressively on Tail of the Dragon in wet with wet leaves with great results (chased down Hellboy in his WRX to his utter amazement). The performance on icy roads has also been fantastic. Can't recommend them highly enough. They don't appear to come in a size that fits stock 4 BW 18" wheels however (just based on a cursory search)

So the winter setup will be squared. I assume this is better for winter traction. Any downside compared to stock staggered setup?

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners