Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Winter Driving

CT5-V Model
I put dedicated snow tires with aftermarket wheels on my five black wing this past winter. I documented it in previous threads. I drove it in all but the worst days. It was OK. I used nokian tires. Very good but made in Russia.

The registry shows 579 being manufactured on May 23 and its owner says it just arrived at the dealer.
Others in the 570s arrived in the last couple of weeks.
I believe but I’m not sure that the late May builds were not missing any chips and the 5 to 7 weeks wait was caused exclusively by GM’s transportation difficulties.
Still waiting on mine, manual no. 578, but I may be an outlier as I’m in Canada and the General may have distinct delivery challenges getting cars over the border.
Or not, who knows?
So, in sum, my answer is: sorry, I really don’t know except I’m pretty sure you’ll be waiting for a while yet.
Thanks for your input...it's good to get a feel for others' experiences, good or bad. Good luck with yours! Might be easier to just move to the US, instead of waiting for it to cross the border, eh? :boogie

The registry shows 579 being manufactured on May 23 and its owner says it just arrived at the dealer.
Others in the 570s arrived in the last couple of weeks.
I believe but I’m not sure that the late May builds were not missing any chips and the 5 to 7 weeks wait was caused exclusively by GM’s transportation difficulties.
Still waiting on mine, manual no. 578, but I may be an outlier as I’m in Canada and the General may have distinct delivery challenges getting cars over the border.
Or not, who knows?
So, in sum, my answer is: sorry, I really don’t know except I’m pretty sure you’ll be waiting for a while yet.
I think your car needs to be vaccinated before it's allowed across the border.

I think your car needs to be vaccinated before it's allowed across the border.
Kind of true, you know… and maybe that’s part of the delay in respect of my car, 578.
I think until early 2020 the trucking companies hired by the auto manufacturers were working and hired from both sides of the border and crossing it regularly and easily, almost as if the border didn’t even exist.
Autopact, NAFTA, USMCA, etc. have all meant free and generally borderless trade in the North American auto industry.
It needed to work both ways: Ontario has historically made almost as many cars and auto parts as Michigan, with some vehicles having substantial bits and pieces from both sides wherever final assembly took place.
The Mustang Bullitt I traded in for my (theoretical) BW is a good example of this: engine assembly in Windsor, Ontario, final vehicle assembly in Flat Rock, Michigan.
My guess is that disqualifying 10% or so of the drivers who cross the border has created additional logistical difficulties for the manufacturers and their various suppliers and distributors, including their new vehicle transporters, which just make things more difficult given their issues with sick drivers, chipless vehicles, cancelled contracts, and general misalignment of the planets and stars the last two years.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back