Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Winter Driving

CT5-V Model

Ergoc5

Seasoned Member
This will potentially be my winter car since I sold my Golf R. How many planning to use it for winter driving? I am in the Northeast...Long Island. The other option is to lease a Corolla 🤣...my wife will kill me though.

I’m in same area if I can source winter tires that fit the ctv5 I plan to drive it in winter. So far not having luck

I’ll be looking for winter tires too… if I get 86-578 before winter!
🤷‍♂️

Damn..I just got 583 (still at dealer) ...so yours can't be that long
Hope so. Closely watching the reported deliveries here there’s you as well as 572, 574, 575, and, most recently, 579 all showing up at dealerships.
Then again, my truck or train has to cross a border. That didn’t make a difference in the old days but these are strange new days.

I am in the market as well for a winter tire/wheel combination.

I (still) have the Cooper all-seasons on my car, had them since January. They're nothing to write home about, but they are the right size and the tread won't crack when the temp drops.

I wouldn't hold out hope for finding any winter tire in 305/19. Been looking for a year with no luck.

I also had a Golf R as my daily ('19 Ginster Yellow) that I sold about a year ago. Kind of wishing I kept it given no real winter tire options for the V. I am probably just going to get another car for winter driving - I am in line for an Acura Integra at the moment. If that falls through, I will just get another set of OEM tech bronze wheels and throw Coopers on them. The only other option I found is the Toyo Proxes A/S if you go 295 in the rear, but there aren't any tests on them so not sure they are any better than the Coopers.

used to run 255s all around on my V2 ..I know this is different..but might have options I. smaller sizes?

I also had a Golf R as my daily ('19 Ginster Yellow) that I sold about a year ago. Kind of wishing I kept it given no real winter tire options for the V. I am probably just going to get another car for winter driving - I am in line for an Acura Integra at the moment. If that falls through, I will just get another set of OEM tech bronze wheels and throw Coopers on them. The only other option I found is the Toyo Proxes A/S if you go 295 in the rear, but there aren't any tests on them so not sure they are any better than the Coopers.
One of the Spektrum colors? Those are holding value. Yeah not sure what to do about winter driving....my wife will kill me if I lease another car

My 5BW is my year round car, so it will be doing winter duty in the Chicagoland area. Here's what I got-

295/30R19pirelli sottozero serie ii
265/35R19pirelli sottozero serie ii

They're mounted to my tech bronze rims while the stock rubber is mounted to my new summer rims.

I ran my old Lexus ISF year round for 8 years with no issues. The only hesitations are that I ran a much narrower tire on those (225), and that just off idle in first gear, the 5BW is at like 8mph. Might be tricky to get going slowly without burning the clutch.

My 5BW is my year round car, so it will be doing winter duty in the Chicagoland area. Here's what I got-

295/30R19pirelli sottozero serie ii
265/35R19pirelli sottozero serie ii

They're mounted to my tech bronze rims while the stock rubber is mounted to my new summer rims.

I ran my old Lexus ISF year round for 8 years with no issues. The only hesitations are that I ran a much narrower tire on those (225), and that just off idle in first gear, the 5BW is at like 8mph. Might be tricky to get going slowly without burning the clutch.
Do you have a link to the 265 size? I don't even even seem on Pirelli's website. I see 275/295 options but they are different OEM brands Mercedes/Aston for 275 and Porsche/Lambo for 295 so would be different compounds front/rear.

One of the Spektrum colors? Those are holding value. Yeah not sure what to do about winter driving....my wife will kill me if I lease another car
Yep.
20210123_141506.jpeg

Do you have a link to the 265 size? I don't even even seem on Pirelli's website. I see 275/295 options but they are different OEM brands Mercedes/Aston for 275 and Porsche/Lambo for 295 so would be different compounds front/rear.
I got them from Tire Rack. The fronts are Mercedes spec, and the rears Porsche spec. I'm not going to be doing any track driving on my winter tires, so I'm not concerned about the differing compounds from front to rear.

Does Cadillac recommend something? I know the stock wheel size, offset, tire size and even special Michelin PS4s we're carefully selected for optimum performance ..

Hope so. Closely watching the reported deliveries here there’s you as well as 572, 574, 575, and, most recently, 579 all showing up at dealerships.
Then again, my truck or train has to cross a border. That didn’t make a difference in the old days but these are strange new days.
Mine just got produced last week (VIN 6-698) but is awaiting microchips. Thoughts on how long I might have to wait, based on your experience? Thanks!

Does Cadillac recommend something? I know the stock wheel size, offset, tire size and even special Michelin PS4s we're carefully selected for optimum performance ..
I could not find anything even though the manual talks about using Winter tires. I am disappointed Cadillac did not work with an OEM to ensure the car is usable in cold climates. Even my Lotus Evora has an OEM recommended tire that you can get as an OEM part, even though it is not generally available elsewhere.

Mine just got produced last week (VIN 6-698) but is awaiting microchips. Thoughts on how long I might have to wait, based on your experience? Thanks!
The registry shows 579 being manufactured on May 23 and its owner says it just arrived at the dealer.
Others in the 570s arrived in the last couple of weeks.
I believe but I’m not sure that the late May builds were not missing any chips and the 5 to 7 weeks wait was caused exclusively by GM’s transportation difficulties.
Still waiting on mine, manual no. 578, but I may be an outlier as I’m in Canada and the General may have distinct delivery challenges getting cars over the border.
Or not, who knows?
So, in sum, my answer is: sorry, I really don’t know except I’m pretty sure you’ll be waiting for a while yet.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back